๐Ÿ”ด๐ŸŸก Partick Thistle v Livingston ๐ŸŸกโšซ

Surprised at the lack of match thread for this guaranteed thriller of a cup tie. Hopefully the Jags can continue our play-off retribution against relegation zoned Livi this time.ย 

ย With a break this weekend and hopefully no injuries I'd quite fancy us, so we'll probably lose.ย 

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Why on earth do you still bother? :lol:

๐Ÿคฃ tbf I've been living in the north east for that time so have seen us play at Pittodrie, Tannadice and Gayfield (the latter was just before lockdown when we were utter, utter shite) so I reckon there's mitigation. First home game since about 2011 though ๐Ÿ‘€.

23 hours ago, velo army said:

Coming through for this, but I haven't watched us win live in over a decade.

Apologies in advance.

Sincerely.

A. Jonah

Fucksakesย ๐Ÿ˜‚

Was looking forward to this as well.ย 

One for @The Thistle Archive

When was the last time we knocked out two top division teams in the same season in the Scottish Cup, regardless of what division we were in?ย 

Going back a long way as far as I can see.ย 

Even if we do manage it, the draw is pretty shit with all the lower league teams being kept apart so chances of a favourable QF are pretty low.ย 

30 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

One for @The Thistle Archive

When was the last time we knocked out two top division teams in the same season in the Scottish Cup, regardless of what division we were in?ย 

Going back a long way as far as I can see.ย 

Even if we do manage it, the draw is pretty shit with all the lower league teams being kept apart so chances of a favourable QF are pretty low.ย 

I checked because Iโ€™m bored, and as far as I can see it was 1967/68 when we knocked Kilmarnock and Clyde out before losing to eventual winners Dunfermline. ย Was an 18 team top flight then.ย 

In Brandon, Penrice, MacKay, Bradley, St Kelly, Anderson, and Nouble when he can be arsed, we've decent enough attacking players, we're still absolutely hopeless in defence though, so not overly confident we're winning this game.

Oh and if it goes to penalties we're def fucked.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 04/02/2024 at 20:29, oneteaminglasgow said:

I checked because Iโ€™m bored, and as far as I can see it was 1967/68 when we knocked Kilmarnock and Clyde out before losing to eventual winners Dunfermline. ย Was an 18 team top flight then.ย 

Nice work! The club-record (4) was set in 1921 and matched in 1930, Thistle reaching the final on both occasions. Knocking out two higher-tier opponents in a single campaign would be an historical first for the Jags.

Massive flip in odds today, Thistle were slight favourites this morning, checked back a few minutes as I wanted to see how odds were after Livi game tonight and despite losing, Livi are now heavier favourites than we were this morning so must have been a few quid come in on them.

In our 2003/4 season where we finished bottom of the SPL we still managed to get to the quarter finals of the cup albeit we beat two lower league teams so I would still have Livi as slight favourites assuming they're not trying to f**k this into the bin.ย 

23 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Nice work! The club-record (4) was set in 1921 and matched in 1930, Thistle reaching the final on both occasions. Knocking out two higher-tier opponents in a single campaign would be an historical first for the Jags.

Think it's 50/50, we beat Raith after going a goal down and have played better since the Winter break, even in the games we lost, Hearts and Killie. Really couldn't call it. Just hope itdoesn't go to pens, we're absolutely hopeless at them, must have the worst penalty record in Europe the last 2 seasons.

Really can't call this.Livi have done reasonably well recently despite recent results.Last chance for them to do something positive in an otherwise season to forget.Suspect wee Lawless will be doing his damnedest to put one over us,and Graham will always be a threat.Wouldnt be surprised to see this go all the way pens,God forbid.Question is,what Livi are going to turn up๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ.Mon the Lions.๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‘.

3 hours ago, East Calder Lion said:

I wonder which ex-Livi player will knock us out.

Robinson was always a thorn when he played against us for East Fife, they knocked us out the cup too. He's got an axe to grind with Martindale too, and will no doubt be trying like a bear against us. My money would be on him scoring.ย 

No idea who's fit, only know that Carson is cup tied and Montano is still injured. Assuming everyone else is available:

George

Brandonย  -ย  Donnellanย  -ย  Obileyeย  -ย  Penrice

Holtย  -ย  Pittman

MacKayย  -ย  Kellyย  -ย  Nouble

Anderson

I wouldn't mind seeing Yengi start again though, but I probably wouldn't have him on at the same time as Nouble; and it would purely depend on us not lumping long balls up to Anderson if/when he came on. Main reason for starting Anderson would be having Yengi to come on when we tire and just start launching it.

Looking forward to this, a good break from our record breaking bad form in the league. Hoping we don't embarrass ourselves.

Livingston fans shouldn't worry about this tie

Nick Walsh is the referee and he will give you all the big decisions and most of the little ones as well.

Walsh will give you a very soft penalty for a HT 1-0 lead. He will then allow a blatantly offside goal for 2-0. He will deny the Jags a blatant penalty at 1-0 and disallow a perfectly good goal with 10mins to go at 2-0.

Finally he will send Brian Graham off around the 70th min.

Final score 2-0 Livingston.

Walsh will feel criticism of his performance is unfair and he will say that both Murdoch McLennan and Neil Doncaster called to congratulate him on a fine performance!