๐Ÿ”ด๐ŸŸก Partick Thistle v Livingston ๐ŸŸกโšซ

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

Yeah, when Diack came on and again when Ngwenya came on I just assumed it would be a change of shape to be a bit more compact and double up on Nouble and Brandon.ย 

Stanway was fine at Airdrie last season when he played but I have been surprised at him becoming a regular starter in a better team. I suppose a lot of it is not really having a proper Docherty replacement? No harm to him but I knew Thistle were done when Stanway was taking the set-pieces.ย 

ย 

Yeah I've thought the same regarding Stanway. I liked him, he was a decent player and he seemed to have a great attitude and enthusiasm. He's also the best diver I've seen at Airdrie since Paul Lovering, I think he won 3 penalties in half a season from the bench. But quality wise I'd never have thought he was ready to go straight in and start in a promotion hunting/title challenging side. He couldn't get a start for a League 1 side last year.

I guess he's the type of player that if he's surrounded by enough quality could do the job of the more destructive player, but it doesn't really seem like that at Thistle.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Based on today, you can see why this Livingston team is struggling in the top flight. A very, very limited group of football players who happen to all be about 6โ€™5โ€ which allows them to score goals from set pieces - which ultimately decided the game today. You probably donโ€™t get the same opportunities against the majority of the top flight, which unfortunately we werenโ€™t in position to combat today.

No real complaints overall, but ultimately a disappointing performance in a very winnable game.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Based on today, you can see why this Livingston team is struggling in the top flight. A very, very limited group of football players who happen to all be about 6โ€™5โ€ which allows them to score goals from set pieces - which ultimately decided the game today. You probably donโ€™t get the same opportunities against the majority of the top flight, which unfortunately we werenโ€™t in position to combat today.

No real complaints overall, but ultimately a disappointing performance in a very winnable game.

We don't tend to score many from set pieces at all

2 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Regarding your pies,would have to agree.Shite,as was your diluted Bovril. Holt got the team together ,made it harder for his teammates.Hard on Thistle, 2 0 up with what 20 mins to go..Blew itย  big style.Been there,sore one to take.Possibly see you next season. Or maybe not.SPL is shite BTW.Fucking hate it as so many Livi fans do .But money talks.Get yourselves into this.Regardless of the next round.Wel see you next season.

The Premiership was okay until they introduced VAR; not the same game I started to watch more than half a century ago now.

47 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Cry some more........WLย ๐Ÿคฉ

45 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

With a team full of guys who are nearly 7ft tall, thatโ€™s also probably why youโ€™re having such a stinker of a Premiership campaign.

I'd hope my contributions in this thread acknowledge that Livi deserved to win the game but f**k me how can you give a corner for this (which got Livi back into the game) ?

What are you looking at? How can the ball go out of play at that angle and at that speed off the defender?ย 

Edited by Fuctifano

36 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'd hope my contributions in this thread acknowledge that Livi deserved to win the game but f**k me how can you give a corner for this (which got Livi back into the game) ?

What are you looking at? How can the ball go out of play at that angle and at that speed off the defender?ย 

ย 

Sportscene were very much on the "boohoo, poor Partick thistle" but failed to mention the fact we scored a perfectly good goal that was chalked off for an invisible foul and had a stonewall penalty turned down for handball

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Nouble doesn't tend to score either, hopefully this is him finally on his way back to the form he was on the first half of last season.

Still not impressed with McGovern, lets too many shots in, that he should be saving.

Some comeback though, just hope that it isn't a pattern, and we have to try coming back from 3-0 down in the next round.

Tbf, Nouble didnt just take his goal really well but he was extremely diligent getting back against Lawless who had a mixed game at best as a result, which made it a lot harder for him to cut inside and do anything other than either give the ball away or at best find an unthreatening sideways pass.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Absolute bottle merchants. PTSD from the playoffs there and as soon as Livi scored the first, it was only going one way.ย 
ย 

Bannigan was excellent for us, as was Milne for the majority. As has been mentioned previously, and acknowledged by Doolan, the subs killed us. Not sure the logic of taking Graham and Lawless off that early, and particularly not McMillan unless he was injured. Neilson had a good game, but he let Nouble run at him inside the box for the second, and I think itโ€™s his man for the winner.ย 
ย 

Livi were good second half and extra time, so probably deserved to go through overall, but itโ€™s so frustrating how we canโ€™t hang onto leads.ย 

Edited by GrahamJags

I personally don't think the changes were wrong when we went 2 up but where Dools got it wrong imo was that he should have kept them on for another 10 or 15 mins to take the immediate sting out of Livi's obvious onslaught and physicality that was going to come, if Livi didn't score in that period the game I think the game would have drifted away from them