Relegation thread - who's going down?

14 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We’re toilet, stick a tenner on us going down 

Spoke to a Montrose supporter yesterday, who was at Gayfield, if it’s ICT in the playoffs, he couldn’t see them surviving, he said, Hamilton, Alloa, Montrose and 5th place Cove, are all better than ICT

1 hour ago, ecto said:

Spoke to a Montrose supporter yesterday, who was at Gayfield, if it’s ICT in the playoffs, he couldn’t see them surviving, he said, Hamilton, Alloa, Montrose and 5th place Cove, are all better than ICT

We played Montrose in January in the Scottish Cup. If that's the standard in the top 4 I would say ICT would win the playoff's 

45 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

We played Montrose in January in the Scottish Cup. If that's the standard in the top 4 I would say ICT would win the playoff's 

Obviously never seen them yesterday, couldn’t beat us

49 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I've heard a few comments along the same lines suggesting that whoever finishes 9th will likely stay up, but I think it's far too early to be confident of that.

Having seen us get promoted through them a couple of years ago despite being relatively poor for most of the season, I believe it's all about momentum at the right time.

If Airdrie, for example, were to slide down the table and find themselves in a playoff tie against an on form Alloa I certainly wouldn't be putting any money on them staying up.

Arbroath on the other hand have struggled massively this season, but if they somehow claw their way out of the bottom spot they'll be feeling good about themselves and I'd give them a real shot of staying up.

It's all about how you find yourself in 9th come the end of the season (and the form of the League One playoff sides).

7 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I've heard a few comments along the same lines suggesting that whoever finishes 9th will likely stay up, but I think it's far too early to be confident of that.

Having seen us get promoted through them a couple of years ago despite being relatively poor for most of the season, I believe it's all about momentum at the right time.

If Airdrie, for example, were to slide down the table and find themselves in a playoff tie against an on form Alloa I certainly wouldn't be putting any money on them staying up.

Arbroath on the other hand have struggled massively this season, but if they somehow claw their way out of the bottom spot they'll be feeling good about themselves and I'd give them a real shot of staying up.

It's all about how you find yourself in 9th come the end of the season (and the form of the League One playoff sides).

Totally this, we had a decent season last year and were second for most of the season. We got some injuries, players/management focused on the Scottish Cup semi and we went into the play off in poor form and Airdrie who had found good form battered us and saw off Accies in the final.  It’s all about how you go into the plays offs.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Having watched both Accies and Caley this season, I’d have Caley as favourites in that matchup. In that game, Accies looked incredibly suspect at the back in particular. 

I would agree having seen both. Accies only chance is getting Ryan Fulton and Scott Martin back for the play offs and if they punt Rankin that could give them a lift.

3 hours ago, ecto said:

Obviously never seen them yesterday, couldn’t beat us

The pressure when you get into the last 10 games and suddenly you are losing must win games becomes a factor. 

Playing relegation play off's low on confidence becomes a great leveler. I think ICT have some decent players but a team low on confidence I suppose anything can happen

4 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Having watched both Accies and Caley this season, I’d have Caley as favourites in that matchup. In that game, Accies looked incredibly suspect at the back in particular. 

No to us they haven’t 😂 we’ve faced them 4 times and scored one goal 1/4 of their points have come from us. 

7 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Airdrie are beginning to stink of a relegation side.

I called it weeks ago that they would start to drop off. They’re a soft side with no real goal threat. Still think Arbroath will finish bottom and whoever finishes 9th will stay up. 

what's this BGM patter with Bullen?  I have seen him being referred to that multiple times but can't find anywhere what it means

On the question of relegation, I cannot see Arbroath being able to make up the gap - the late equaliser for Inverness on Saturday was huge.  For the playoff spot I reckon it s a toss-up between Inverness & Dunfermline, both of whom I expect would be too strong to be troubled by whoever the contenders are from 2nd/3rd/4th in League 1.  It's not too late for QP or Airdrie to get pulled into the mix either, but I expect it to be between the pars & caley

16 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Airdrie are beginning to stink of a relegation side.

They are not that bad IMO. I think it will boil down to whoever has the worst injury list now. Anyone could find themselves in the playoffs as nobody has a real depth of squad in the bottom half of league. But yes, Airdrie do stink. 

17 minutes ago, Vril said:

.  It's not too late for QP or Airdrie to get pulled into the mix either, but I expect it to be between the pars & caley

Not too late? Dunfermline are above Airdrie and Queens Park! They're absolutely in the mix. 

27 minutes ago, Vril said:

It's not too late for QP or Airdrie to get pulled into the mix either, but I expect it to be between the pars & caley

All four of these teams are well and truly in the mix.

5 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

All four of these teams are well and truly in the mix.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we go above Ayr tomorrow night. 

I fully accept we're in amongst it, but likewise I can't understand not thinking that Ayr, Airdrie and QP are also kicking about in the brown stuff. 

57 minutes ago, Vril said:

For the playoff spot I reckon it s a toss-up between Inverness & Dunfermline, both of whom I expect would be too strong to be troubled by whoever the contenders are from 2nd/3rd/4th in League 1.  It's not too late for QP or Airdrie to get pulled into the mix either, but I expect it to be between the pars & caley

Is this enough to have QP and Airdrie in the mix for 9th?

I think if Morton keep doing what they're doing they could really challenge Thistle for third but I don't see the current top four changing. Dundee Utd or Raith will win the league, the other will finish second and one of Thistle and Morton will make up the rest of the top four.

Everyone outside of the top four is still in the mix. The Pars have a game in hand on Ayr, one point behind them and play them at East End on Saturday, before Friday I couldn't see how we would escape 9th place.

image.png.53f2a69f7eab587bcf16c73b44ceb4bf.png