Relegation thread - who's going down?

On 17/03/2024 at 15:23, Mr.Blue said:

Yip.

We really need to start picking up points or we'll be thinking about the other playoffs🙈

Imagine if the last game of the season decides which of our clubs ends up in the playoffs. Could happen.

29 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Yeah, the view is about all you've got. Shame the stadium faces the wrong way. I loved Telford Street.

Far as I'm aware the stadium faces the correct way. It would look a bit daft if the main entrance was on the opposite side from the access road.

2 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Far as I'm aware the stadium faces the correct way. It would look a bit daft if the main entrance was on the opposite side from the access road.

It faces the wrong way if you're claiming the view is one of the features of the location.

42 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Imagine if the last game of the season decides which of our clubs ends up in the playoffs. Could happen.

At this point it looks like a possibility.

On 18/03/2024 at 19:26, CityDave94 said:

Yeah - facing the prevailing wind (and rain) is a winner. The main stand could (should?) have been at the other side as should the access road.

On 18/03/2024 at 19:55, PB1994 said:

There is a gas pipe underground along the other side of the ground so no stand could ever be built on that side

Didn't know that. I still think Smithton or the Bught area would have been a better location.

2 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Yeah - facing the prevailing wind (and rain) is a winner. The main stand could (should?) have been at the other side as should the access road.

Well that is impossible as explained earlier with the pipes running close to the opposite side of the pitch, no stand can be built there. Unless you mean the other side of the road and having the Main Stand there and which would require a floating pitch, facing east it would still be open to the elements especially in winter.

14 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Well that is impossible as explained earlier with the pipes running close to the opposite side of the pitch, no stand can be built there. Unless you mean the other side of the road and having the Main Stand there and which would require a floating pitch, facing east it would still be open to the elements especially in winter.

387f3e4f-e1e5-4a04-9fa6-64bee9e6c2ba-2060x1379.jpeg.6eaa8286870eca275aa3851120011a46.jpeg

2 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Didn't know that. I still think Smithton or the Bught area would have been a better location.

The Bught was ruled out back when the site for the new stadium was discussed back in the early 90's. It would be a nightmare with traffic and parking. Plus there was a concern among the residents with noise and trouble. The Bucht itself is not suitable anyway because no one wants anything built there, no one wants to lose any more green space and we found out how much opposition there is to change when Inverness City had a temporary pitch there, the club were not allowed to close the gate for the boundary fence when it wasn't being used as the public had right of way. So people could walk through the ground if they wanted including dog walkers. So many reason why the Bucht Park was a bad idea for a football ground especially one that had ambitions to play in the top flight.

After having the misfortune to witness Ayr United's b*llock-shrivelling performance today I think they'll be lucky not to go down. Truly dreadful football.

Edited by Lanky Highlander
so grumpy I can't even spell United properly

Morton's three remaining home games are Queen's Park, Dundee United and Raith. While we've won at Tannadice already, we really need to be beating Queen's Park to feel safe: if we don't get an unexpected result against the top two then we'll go to Arbroath or Inverness needing to win.

We played well today but we’ve lost ground on 8th and games are quickly running out. If we could play like we do away form at home I would be confident of getting out of trouble but we don’t and having to rely on winning games away is never a recipe for success. Ridiculous that I think a point away to top of the league has confirmed us in 9th but with every other team capable of picking up wins, and some with games in hand, I don’t see us catching any of the teams above us.

On 23/03/2024 at 21:26, PB1994 said:

We played well today but we’ve lost ground on 8th and games are quickly running out. If we could play like we do away form at home I would be confident of getting out of trouble but we don’t and having to rely on winning games away is never a recipe for success. Ridiculous that I think a point away to top of the league has confirmed us in 9th but with every other team capable of picking up wins, and some with games in hand, I don’t see us catching any of the teams above us.

You had a lot of the ball but I don’t remember Mitchell having to make any serious saves. Your tactic was lumping balls into the box which would’ve worked a few weeks ago, but it looks like we have got that sorted. Based on not being able to create anything, I think you are destined for the playoff. Although, having said that, things can change really quickly in this league.

46 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Arbroath looking like a formality now.

ICT have that 9th look about them, but in this crazy league who knows?

Think you’re right with this, whoever finishes 9th is also joining us in L1

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

If we lose or draw on Tuesday thats it, 10th is ours.

If we win, the game away to ICT next weekend will be a huge 6 pointer.

I live in hope.

It's certainly a last chance situation and after getting thumped on our last visit, I'm still on edge. Will there be a cash gate for the away fans like me who remains stubbornly non digital!