Greenock Morton v Motherwell

39 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Great result that for Morton, thoroughly deserved, proper old style cup tie under the lights as a team from the league below gives the top flight side a bloody nose.

Only slightly tempered for them by their ned of a manager, Dougie Imrie acting like the snarling faced ned he is.Full time after a real blood and guts cup upset live on the telly, you've knocked out a Premiership side and your manager, yes your manager's first reaction is to run to the away fans and give them the GIRFUY gestures, what a fucking fanny of a guy.

You sure you’re naw a Motherwell fan? Pipe down.

40 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Great result that for Morton, thoroughly deserved, proper old style cup tie under the lights as a team from the league below gives the top flight side a bloody nose.

Only slightly tempered for them by their ned of a manager, Dougie Imrie acting like the snarling faced ned he is.Full time after a real blood and guts cup upset live on the telly, you've knocked out a Premiership side and your manager, yes your manager's first reaction is to run to the away fans and give them the GIRFUY gestures, what a fucking fanny of a guy.

Maybe shouldn't have done it but gets loads of abuse even on Tuesday night. I wonder if you said the same thing when Brown used to do the exact same.

12 hours ago, Venti said:

Motherwell have been pish & we've been flying.

Not really sure what's tripping you up...

You called it 👏.  I owe you an apology, sir. 

Well played to Morton. The game plan worked perfectly. Our keeper & defence are pish so put them under pressure and they'll crumble. 

That was fucking abject from Motherwell. A massive opportunity in front of us and we throw in a performance like that. We deserved absolutely f**k all. 

Final point. It was about -18 tonight (a real challenge to Broadwood 2003 for the coldest cup tie I've ever been to) but Cappielow is magic. 

Edited by Desp

Grudgingly……

Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards

Actually, not grudgingly in the slightest. Well deserved win. Enjoy your night Morton fans. If you’re a Morton fan, over the age of 13, and you’re not pished tonight you’re doing it wrong.

Get it right roon ye Motherwell fans. 🎶SPL, w**k, w**k, w**k 🎶

1 hour ago, NFL12 said:

Well done Morton. Hope we avoid you if we get through. Especially with that ex Killie contingent there.

Actually...you guys are the very boys I'd love us to play (at Cappielow of course) next.

Loved that tonight. Great atmosphere too. That's what the Cup is all about.

Gorgeous George deserved his MotM award but everyone put a shift in. Also, Mullen hardlty had a save to make !

Give us another home tie please under the lights again  

Just home. Pretty disappointed that Morton didn't sit off us and leave gaps you could drive a tractor through like Ross County were kind enough to do on Tuesday tbh!

In fairness they played a blinder of a cup tie.  Stayed solid at the back and got right stuck into the midfield. Don't make any daft mistakes playing like that and you're pretty much on to a winner against us.   First visit to Cappielow and have to say what a cracking wee place to watch a game.  Thought the Morton fans made it a great atmosphere and absolutely fair f*cks to every one of them ( except for the middle aged guy at the segregation line who seemed to single out my pal's 10 year old boy to get into a tit for tat verbal with, seems like pretty weird behaviour tbh)   who's currently several pints deep , enjoy your night.  

N.b. gonnae turn the wind down and the temperature up next time please ? Ta. 

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

Just caught the end of this. Great result for Morton. Cappielow looked great on telly. It'd look even better with the big crane lit up in the background. 

That is a very smart suggestion.Hope our PR boys take it on board.

Thanks.

Having seen Morton several times this season , and how close all the games were, and with all their recent results/full squad, I'd expected it to be really tough for Motherwell .

I watched it and Morton were superior in all areas while Motherwell never adjusted to a cup tie atmosphere.

Never watched the post match stuff so can't really comment on Imrie but celebrating a win over the Well is always to be savoured. Well done Morton and I look forward to my next visit to Cappielow.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
Spelling

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

It was, but there's no denying they've also got lucky tonight.

When you win 2-1, but only have one shot on target...then luck's played its part:

Screenshot2024-02-0921_26_23.png.eef4dc5ed869144bbe3621eb4c5b7eeb.png

Hey midden boy...the object of the game is to win and get into the quarter-finals.

We've done that.

You wont.

14 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Just home. Pretty disappointed that Morton didn't sit off us and leave gaps you could drive a tractor through like Ross County were kind enough to do on Tuesday tbh!

In fairness they played a blinder of a cup tie.  Stayed solid at the back and got right stuck into the midfield. Don't make any daft mistakes playing like that and you're pretty much on to a winner against us.   First visit to Cappielow and have to say what a cracking wee place to watch a game.  Thought the Morton fans made it a great atmosphere and absolutely fair f*cks to every one of them ( except for the middle aged guy at the segregation line who seemed to single out my pal's 10 year old boy to get into a tit for tat verbal with, seems like pretty weird behaviour tbh)   who's currently several pints deep , enjoy your night.  

N.b. gonnae turn the wind down and the temperature up next time please ? Ta. 

Humble in defeat good man all the best for the rest of the season 

My thoughts -

Absolutely fucking freezing.

We were shite but I thought Morton did their part in making us shite. They just didn't give us a minute to get a rhythm going.

Only consolation was Jack Vale and the burger and cup of tea from the van. All three were excellent. 

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

As neutral it was a crackin cup tie.

Morton just wanted it more. Well done (no pun intended) lads 👏 

I feel it in my waters we are drawing you guys @ Cappielow in the Quarters.

You are winning tomorrow.

Morton deserved to win. 

Nothing special at all. Just solid as we expected but actually did bugger all about. 

We played poorly but that has a lot to how Morton played and closed down space. 

The game literally turned on the 1st goal. A Kilmarnock fan recently lambasted me when I argued about the amount of money they were spending on Van Veen. His response was iirc “not our fault if you spunk a lot of money on a midget goalkeeper with no hands”. Literally the best response he could make on  account of the fact it is so true. 

As a person I have no axe to grind with Kelly. But he has the worst save % in the top flight. My 83 year old Mother would command the box better. Time for his to be dropped altogether. 

Anyways. Congrats to Morton. Hope you get a decent draw in the next round. Good old proper club with good fans 👏👏👏

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Why did you feel the need to ruin your otherwise congratulary post.

Obviously you were blissfully unaware of the heavy verbal abuse (hey...thats fitba) Dougie was receiving from the Well fans.

He merely returned the compliment.....with interest.

1 hour ago, superwell87 said:

Although I agree with all of that, there is no love lost beween us 'Well fans and Imrie. I am from the same home town as him, and indeed he is a bit of a cretin.

Enjoy your night ........loser.