Greenock Morton v Motherwell

2 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Probably easiest to park in Douglas Rae Road, at the sugar sheds on the other side of the main road from Cappielow. Gets you right out onto the main road after the game.

Cheers for this.  I've just bought my ticket but likely to be driving along.

Should be a cracking cup tie this.

Just now, Desp said:

Cheers for this.  I've just bought my ticket but likely to be driving along.

Should be a cracking cup tie this.

Give yourself a little extra time to get there. Scottish water have been doing work on the main road just before Cappielow and it can get backed up pretty far, especially with a larger than normal crowd expected

4 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Probably easiest to park in Douglas Rae Road, at the sugar sheds on the other side of the main road from Cappielow. Gets you right out onto the main road after the game.

There's also the car park in Sinclair Street, although you might need to get early for a spot if there going to be the predicted crowd

5 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

+1 on this. If you pull up Cappielow on Google Maps, you'll see that there are quite a few residential streets close to the ground. They're usually well worth a shot as well.

With a large crowd expected I would suggest taking a left before Arnold Clarks and parking in Gibbshill Road which is 650 yds from the ground.

Just before the road works and makes for an easy get away.

Being a Bellshill Morton fan I know how painful the roadworks are approaching Cappielow. Sometimes it's back to Port Glasgow and its a good 15-20 mins delay. Add in the Fri night rush hour traffic on the M74 and M8, give yourselves plenty of time getting down.

I also park on Douglas Rae Road across the street but can get busy quite early. Pottery St or Gibshill Road are only a few mins walk and will get you away quickly too.

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

If I can't get on McLeod Street, Fairrie Street is usually my plan B.

Probably will just jump on the train.

Just going by myself, none of my mates cba.

20 hours ago, cet homme charmant said:

I wouldn't worry about that too much, Greenock has its own sub-tropical micro climate

It's frozen and positively baltic out there at the moment though. 

22 hours ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Beware if imbibing in The Norseman (is it still open?) - my last visit resulted in me still tasting the toilets three days later due to the damp.

The Norseman has since developed a unique, open ceiling design to ensure maximum ventilation at all times. 

Just don't turn on any of the fan heaters to dredge up stoor from 1971.