Kelty v Queens

10 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Hopefully we’ll catch a first glimpse of Joel Mumbongo. The gaffer says we’re in for an exciting time with him 🥴

Yes negative but factual. Mumbongo's stats are horrific for a striker, even if he was only getting limited game time, that in its self begs a question. Teams seem to move him on very quickly after he signed! With the service our strikers get under Bartley's game style he's up against it. Messy and Ronaldo would struggle to get a decent season tally.

Surely Bartley won't start him, he must be a few weeks away from match fitness. Bartley will probably throw him on with 2 mins to go as we eventually go chasing the game when we're 2 down!

Edited by bod
Additional comment

10 minutes ago, Artemis said:

... That was actually the last time Queens beat anybody other than Edinburgh or Annan at home in a league game. 

What an appalling stat, just appalling ...

[no blame on @Artemis for highlighting it though ...]

6 hours ago, Artemis said:

Queens have won one and lost five of the last six games between the teams.
The only win was in the last game of last season at Palmerston and was commemorated with a sign being left up outside the ground, sadly since removed.
That was actually the last time Queens beat anybody other than Edinburgh or Annan at home in a league game. 

And that was a just a day oot for our boys as well as meant heehaw for either team 😂😂

On 06/02/2024 at 12:58, Artemis said:

Queens have won one and lost five of the last six games between the teams.
The only win was in the last game of last season at Palmerston and was commemorated with a sign being left up outside the ground, sadly since removed.
That was actually the last time Queens beat anybody other than Edinburgh or Annan at home in a league game. 

To be honest that stat is barely credible but sadly true. 

It's frightening how our Manager remains in total denial about the shambles that he is presiding over.

Unfortunately, he knows that he has to keep up the pretence that progress is being made so that he can remain in post. The only thing that would have prompted a dismissal was a genuine fear of relegation via play off. If Annan were to win game in hand the deficit would be 8 points - gap unlikely to be overturned but by no means impossible.

9 hours ago, Greenacres said:

5 at the back again boring football try and  steal a draw .

Why not have a go 4-3-3 take the game to Kelty not the other way round .

This or 4-4-2.  The problem with the way we play is a 4-3-3 rapidly becomes a 4-5-1 due to Bartley's ultra-negative tactics, which is why I'd rather go with 4-4-2.

Of course neither will happen.  Bartley, as usual, pissed me off in the Hamilton post-match interview when he said he wants to play Kilsby as the left CB in a back three because "that's where he plays for Carlisle in training".  Thing is, he's played all season for Annan as a left back in a four in matches and by all accounts is quite good at it.  So once again Bartley focusses on training over matches, and persists with a formation that isn't working.

He seems to favour 3 at the back, would he drop Efe and bring Kilsby in?

Anyway, I just want him to put a team on the park to have a go and attack a team. Give the travelling supporters something to cheer. I don’t like getting beat but it would be nice to at least see the team having a go, which would make it slightly more acceptable.

Last week no coincidence we looked best with Gibson, Connelly, Doherty and Reilly all on the park, forward thinking players.

I’d be happy with something like.

Stones.

Brydon, Ambrose, McClelland.

Logan, Cochrane, Ferguson, Gibson

Connelly.

Doherty, Reilly.

I’d expect to see both January signings getting 15mins or so. We need to be going at Kelty who’s home form somehow is worse than ours of late!

5 minutes ago, bod said:

... We need to be going at Kelty who’s home form somehow is worse than ours of late!

In a standard model of the universe, is this conceivably possible ...?

20 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I think what's harder to believe is that Montrose away is, on paper, the easiest away fixture in the league just now. No wins in six. QoS looks pretty good in comparison!

Go on, take away the gloss of one of our better results of late!