Accies Vs Annan

One of these games where we really should be winning comfortably no disrespect to Annan. Would be nice to get a couple of goals here and try and get a bit of confidence up for next week's game hopefully a couple of the new signings can get a goal here as well. Accies 4-0 Annan

2 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

That was fucking embarrassing even if we come back and win this game. This clown of a manager won't do going to be a long afternoon next week.

I take it you missed the penalty then? BBC haven't said as much.

Extremely poor since about the 15th minute. Hastie's stepover and cross is our only real way of creating openings atm, and the likes of Tumilty and McGowan are struggling to cope with Annan's counters - not sure about Davidson either. 

Rankin changed it about just before half-time, but it's not so different from how we try to shape up in settled play so I'm not sure it'll make much of a difference.

On 08/02/2024 at 12:39, Ian Mcleod said:

One of these games where we really should be winning comfortably no disrespect to Annan. Would be nice to get a couple of goals here and try and get a bit of confidence up for next week's game hopefully a couple of the new signings can get a goal here as well. Accies 4-0 Annan

IMG_1835.webp

On 08/02/2024 at 12:39, Ian Mcleod said:

How did that go for you? 

I've tried to remain fair throughout the season, but when the same problems are cropping up all the time then you really need to question whether it's worth sticking with Rankin. I thought he was capable of getting us promoted, but we've been on a downwards trajectory since beating Queens in December with a lack of control and inability to defend counter-attacks being huge marks against him.

With the league now done and backing from the fans gone, it probably is time to rebuild with a new manager for the play-offs. Hopefully Zengin and the club supremo don't f**k up the appointment if/when that comes around.

Just now, accies1874 said:

I've tried to remain fair throughout the season, but when the same problems are cropping up all the time then you really need to question whether it's worth sticking with Rankin. I thought he was capable of getting us promoted, but we've been on a downwards trajectory since beating Queens in December with a lack of control and inability to defend counter-attacks being huge marks against him.

With the league now done and backing from the fans gone, it probably is time to rebuild with a new manager for the play-offs. Hopefully Zengin and the club supremo don't f**k up the appointment if/when that comes around.

I’m obviously totally buzzing after your result today, but it’s fair to say that “any other season” Accies would have been solidly on top. As a football fan, it seems like your club is run by monsters.

Whether it’s the mad crazy Gerry freak or whoever is in charge of the stadium, or an individual businessman who believes he owns the franchise. 

You guys need to tool up and burn all these folk. They’re fucking your club. If you don’t catch Falkirk this season then the cuts will start and fans will be bled. 

5 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

You can talk about bringing in a new manager, but that won’t change results. There’s been a real misplaced confidence amongst Accies fans with team you have, it’s not a team that can expect to compete with Falkirk. Rankin might not be an outstanding manager but he’s done a decent job this season. 

The board is where Accies need change. 

2 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I’m obviously totally buzzing after your result today, but it’s fair to say that “any other season” Accies would have been solidly on top. As a football fan, it seems like your club is run by monsters.

Whether it’s the mad crazy Gerry freak or whoever is in charge of the stadium, or an individual businessman who believes he owns the franchise. 

You guys need to tool up and burn all these folk. They’re fucking your club. If you don’t catch Falkirk this season then the cuts will start and fans will be bled. 

YOU FORGOT WELL DONE ANNAN ?

An abject gutless performance and beaten by a team that wanted it more. No complaints as even a draw was more than we deserved.

Anyone that has watched us regularly this season will have seen that there is no leadership, that the team are weak and easy to bully and that confidence is fragile. That is clearly a major fault in the management 

Rankin is miles out of his depth and his assistant offers nothing.  He seems a decent guy but the board have to act now to give us any chance in the play offs

49 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

You can talk about bringing in a new manager, but that won’t change results. There’s been a real misplaced confidence amongst Accies fans with team you have, it’s not a team that can expect to compete with Falkirk. Rankin might not be an outstanding manager but he’s done a decent job this season. 

Accies have dropped NINE points at home against part-time teams.

With a decent Manager that would be 4 wins and still in the race.

38 minutes ago, StuartA said:

36 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Our new owner has grand plans for the club, as all new owners do, however it remains to be seen if those are "ambitious" plans or naïve ones. There are things I don't like about how he operates, but I do appreciate that he's trying to turn the club around after how bad things had got. The club supremo is a consistent PR embarrassment, and I don't like the idea of him being the guy in charge of implementing Zengin's ideas as he's an certifiable helmet who seems to be living out a fantasy. 

I think we have a good first 11, albeit missing the two players who I'd definitely say are playing a level below their ability (Fulton and Martin), but we currently don't look like the second-best team in the division. Our two victories against Queen of the South have been our only good, dominant performances in around three months.