3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You fucked the lowland league playoffs by letting your team go on a stag do, we could all do with a bit less pontificating from you on unprofessional clubs etc. 

I think you will be hard pushed to find a Darvel fan that would have agreed with them going on a stag do. Thats said I was probably in the minority and was glad to lose out in the play offs, I am against the Lowland league and open about it. 

The idea of getting into league 1 or 2 for a club our size was never going to be sustainable, we simply don't have the fan base the likes of Pollok/Talbot have who probably could hold their own at that level however I think as club they understand their positions, Clydebank have illusions of grandeur and live off the name of a club that was taken over by Airdrie, Clydebank have next to no history and are against the Scottish Cup as they could never win it, hardly won a trophy since they started as a club in the early 2000s. If their fans are so against the idea of not allowing ground shares, what should be the maximum number of clubs allowed to share a ground, who should take priority, if Yoket were to get into the West Prem and Clydebank still be there who takes priority of the ground? St Cadocs and Benburb is slightly different as it is Benburbs ground, St Cadocs just rent the park effectively. 

I dare say scheduling fixtures is difficult enough and once you get them lined up you realise they need changed as you have clashes all over the place with ground shares etc...have your own ground simple as that, if you can't manage it join an amateur league. But the san siro....Own ground or no access to west prem and above. One thing I won't criticize John Gall on is the improvements at our ground, like wise Pollok which is one of my favorite away days, Talbot as much as I hate to admit have the best set up of any team in the league and I would think you'd struggle to find people that disagree, aye I am sure they can make improvements however at our level nothing comes close. 

1 minute ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I think you will be hard pushed to find a Darvel fan that would have agreed with them going on a stag do. Thats said I was probably in the minority and was glad to lose out in the play offs, I am against the Lowland league and open about it. 

The idea of getting into league 1 or 2 for a club our size was never going to be sustainable, we simply don't have the fan base the likes of Pollok/Talbot have who probably could hold their own at that level however I think as club they understand their positions, Clydebank have illusions of grandeur and live off the name of a club that was taken over by Airdrie, Clydebank have next to no history and are against the Scottish Cup as they could never win it, hardly won a trophy since they started as a club in the early 2000s. If their fans are so against the idea of not allowing ground shares, what should be the maximum number of clubs allowed to share a ground, who should take priority, if Yoket were to get into the West Prem and Clydebank still be there who takes priority of the ground? St Cadocs and Benburb is slightly different as it is Benburbs ground, St Cadocs just rent the park effectively. 

I dare say scheduling fixtures is difficult enough and once you get them lined up you realise they need changed as you have clashes all over the place with ground shares etc...have your own ground simple as that, if you can't manage it join an amateur league. But the san siro....Own ground or no access to west prem and above. One thing I won't criticize John Gall on is the improvements at our ground, like wise Pollok which is one of my favorite away days, Talbot as much as I hate to admit have the best set up of any team in the league and I would think you'd struggle to find people that disagree, aye I am sure they can make improvements however at our level nothing comes close. 

Hahahahahhahahahhaha youre an absolute seething mess, honestly please never change. 

4 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

So once you know you can't come back with a valid argument you resort to that. 

No i mean anyone with a brain cell can see that groundsharing is a good idea for clubs, you’re just so bitter that every single post is a dig at Clydebank in some way, honestly i love it, you could be on the politics forum posting about Brexit or something and still feel the need to blame Clydebank for it. 

2 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

At least 2 Saturdays 

We've lost one Saturday already due to pitch sharing issues. Do you not take that into account? Every team has their own pitch therefore can be scheduled at home on any weekend? 

We make more money in the Scottish Junior Cup than any other cup competition excluding the Big Scottish

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No i mean anyone with a brain cell can see that groundsharing is a good idea for clubs, you’re just so bitter that every single post is a dig at Clydebank in some way, honestly i love it, you could be on the politics forum posting about Brexit or something and still feel the need to blame Clydebank for it. 

The laugh is that JG is a great friend of Clydebank as is Mick Kennedy.😂

Edited by Vanderbilt

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So you think all teams should cash in on their own parks and just rent council parks, creating a soulless environment and detract totally from the appeal at this level. Ground sharing is a terrible idea, it should only be allowed temporary i.e. pitch is being resurfaced however be capped to one season. We had to use Hurlford's for a year due to upgrades at ours, however it was never our intention to just come to an agreement with Hurlford and share full time. We ground shared for a reason and for a very limited time. 

2 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

So you think all teams should cash in on their own parks and just rent council parks, creating a soulless environment and detract totally from the appeal at this level. Ground sharing is a terrible idea, it should only be allowed temporary i.e. pitch is being resurfaced however be capped to one season. We had to use Hurlford's for a year due to upgrades at ours, however it was never our intention to just come to an agreement with Hurlford and share full time. We ground shared for a reason and for a very limited time. 

Not allowed to share a grass pitch now 😂

3 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

The laugh is that JG is a great friend of Clydebank as is Mick Kennedy.😂

Just because someone connected to the club like your club means I need to like them. That's like saying Rangers and Celtic chairman are great friends, so their fans need to like each others clubs. 

Mick Kennedy is not connected to Darvel unsure if you noticed that, happens to be doing well in his new job and I wish him well, I personally liked him and had a good way about him. As a non player I don't know what he was like to work for however he always came across well. I think Mick has a fairly good relationship with most teams, even in the past year or so JG has also mellowed and I know he wasn't rubbing fans up the wrong way as much however the damage was probably done and I am sure he'll still take stick at many grounds, must of which is in good humour and not in a threatening way. 

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

For me the South challenge cup is the waste and the one that should be optional, must expensive to play in given bus costs etc...prize money next to nothing. For me if we had the choice to enter the south challenge or not then I would be in favor of Darvel opting out. Unsure what other fans think not just Darvel ones but other teams, for me waste of time and not very exciting. 

This is what losing to Gretna in the cup does to a person.

Suppose you've been lucky this season that all of your Junior Cup games have been at home or away to WOS teams rather than travelling north of the Tay?

Edited by Ginaro

2 hours ago, Kennie said:

The problem then is what to do with the teams that are not in the cup.

Leave them idle?

Bring forward a game that might already be listed and have hospitality sold out?

What if........?

What if..........?

They would be playing at home sometimes and away sometimes, they'll be idle either way.

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Now that the Darvel money men have gotten bored and moved on , do you think Darvel will regress to insignificance ?

7 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Could also stop allowing teams at this level to groundshare, that way fixtures are more straight forward. We had a free week a few weeks back due to a ground sharing issue, think it was possibly KRR we were to play away, Bens and St Cadocs were both away that week leaving New Tinto laying empty surely some movement in fixtures was manageable to stop us losing a matchday, nothing to do with weather.

Seems to be 13/01/2024 you're talking about. No cup games, all league fixtures. Darvel and KRR left idle. Cumbernauld United were at home. With no cups causing disruption and so many 1st time ties still to played. Most would see that as unfortunate oversight that can be avoided. Not a reason to blanket ban groundshares.

Not sure why New Tinto Park was not used, but since https://scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com/ has the tie with St Cadoc's reversed in a 1st time league meeting. Something may have prevented its usage.

image.png.60bc5b2e834a6845c466e98b95b7600e.png

46 minutes ago, mike strutter said:

Now that the Darvel money men have gotten bored and moved on , do you think Darvel will regress to insignificance ?

Think we will still be a good side remainder of this season and depending on how JG exists the club in terms of what financial position, given that players are still signed up for next season I recon we will be decent enough, I would imagine a few will try and be sold on however unsure what players we will get money for, Syme signed until 2026 so is an asset, Leishman and GWilson signed till 2025 on big money no resale value, Wilson was retiring when he left Talbot due to back injuries however we offered him a 2 year deal on £350/week. Leishman similar although not retiring, Talbot certainly got best of him still decent however given his age now I cant see someone spending money and if you were him and guaranteed money for another year that teams wont match then why would he move. Hutton just a loan, don't see us looking to keep him on or try sign him beyond that. 

A lot depends on how it pans out when JG leaves, without a backer unfortunately as a club we will find our natural level without a big backer, we do not have a big following/high gates, unless we are paying big money then how desirable are we really as a club, certainly not one of the more prestigious names at this level. 

My main hope is we are left debt free and wages covered to honour players contracts, if that is the case and given the ground improvements then I will have nothing but thanks for JG, if we are left in a position where we have significant debt and can't pay bills then project Gall needs to be viewed completely differently. 

In an ideal world Alan from QTS will come charging in on his big white horse and save the day, do I personally see that happening, I am not sure.