35 minutes ago, Dean Learner said:

I am in no way involved with the club other than going to matches but even with that in mind I feel confident in saying that this is simply not true.

Social media updates are constant and there are signs up in numerous shop windows advertising games, the local pub advertises games etc. Crowds this season show that the club are doing a lot right. 

Aye Pollok social media is very good ... as are the crowds

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I do not want to see Pollok fail but figures being banded about are scary. Massive debt and a major sponsor trying to get his investment back. Very worrying times.

There's no truth in either of those claims.

A lot of wild speculation here and not representative of what was actually reported at the EGM.Cashflow is currently an issue but that will be resolved.
Pollok have been engaging very heavily with the local community for many years and on the commercial side have various packages for match sponsorship which are taken for all games.There is lots done to promote the club on various levels .

47 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Touchy Archie touchy.

I'll take that as a no then 🙂

Take it as whatever you want mate.

Even if I did know such fine details I wouldn't be sharing them with outsiders.

I'm only concerned with squashing the outlandish incorrect and potentially damaging rumours that have been appearing here.

Just now, archieb said:

Take it as whatever you want mate.

Even if I did know such fine details I wouldn't be sharing them with outsiders.

I'm only concerned with squashing the outlandish incorrect and potentially damaging rumours that have been appearing here.

🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Heard rumours the debt is £38k

That is a runaway train that someone surely has seen coming down the track,  with crowds of 800 ISH and paying highest admission prices,   that is crazy mismanagement...  Very unlike Pollok is that fair to say

14 minutes ago, Passionate said:

That is a runaway train that someone surely has seen coming down the track,  with crowds of 800 ISH and paying highest admission prices,   that is crazy mismanagement...  Very unlike Pollok is that fair to say

It is complete nonsense .The EGM confirmed the facts .

17 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Pollok with their great crowds which I'm envious about shouldn't be anywhere near this precarious position as their crowds should allow them to be fully Sustainable. 

No idea if they've became victims of trying to keep up with the moronic darvels, Johnstone burgh  , St cadocs  ,gartcairns , drumpchapels etc etc but one thing that strikes firmly home to Me is seeing how many clubs at this current time are hammering money at it. 

It used to be lone rangers like the buffs of the 90s, the meadow of the naughties, the hurlford soon after and most latterly and soon to be ending darvel . It's an utter nonsense and I can't wait to see Johnstone burgh becoming a statistic as this  brutal spending is absurd  and hell mend them.

Whilst I appreciate what you are saying it’s a bit one-sided to call all the other clubs moronic etc and Pollok as victims.

Pollok, like every other club you’ve mentioned, haven’t had a gun put to their head and been forced to spend money. If this financial issue is down to player budgets being too high then that is down to Pollok and nobody else.