9 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Meadow did when Polloks current financial advisor was our chairman.

No wonder they are  in trouble if Kerr Dicksons their financial advisor 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Shankland1874 said:

They don’t do enough to try and encourage new fans but rely on a hardcore support. Trying to keep up with the big money benefactors and hoping that a cup run will balance the books is unrealistic 

What would encourage new fans?

36 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

Always good to see other fans wanting to see Pollok fail. Whatever the current situation and outcome of the current situation is, Pollok will be stronger for it. 

No club outside the top five in the country surely budgets on Scottish cup. Ludicrous. 

Sure this is pretty temporary. And you're correct - it would be financial madness to budget for not going out in very 1st round you come in

It’s sad to see another traditional club struggling financially trying to compete with the numerous glorified boys clubs in our league spending fortunes on players playing in front of 2 men and a dug.

I wish nothing but the best for Pollok. (Apart from tomorrow at 14:00) A cracking club and support.

2 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

It’s sad to see another traditional club struggling financially trying to compete with the numerous glorified boys clubs in our league spending fortunes on players playing in front of 2 men and a dug.

I wish nothing but the best for Pollok. (Apart from tomorrow at 14:00) A cracking club and support.

Wouldn't say Beith, Talbot and ourselves are "glorified boys clubs" ... Darvel are an old club that someone stuck a few bob into. You have St Cadocs and Gartcairn in our league - everyone else is old style Junior ... plus ourselves ( 17 years probably doesn't count ). 

Doesn't take much for budgets to start to go out of kilter and even with great average home attendances ( 750 or so for league games ? ) that wont cover what some clubs are paying players just now.  Sponsorships, Lotteries, Social Clubs, regular donations - all needed to balance the books. 

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What would encourage new fans?

Engage with local schools or try Friday night kick offs to attract old firm fans who would attend if they were free. There is nothing in the local area about pollok and you would have no idea on a match day when a game is on. Different to other local old junior teams

24 minutes ago, Shankland1874 said:

Engage with local schools or try Friday night kick offs to attract old firm fans who would attend if they were free. There is nothing in the local area about pollok and you would have no idea on a match day when a game is on. Different to other local old junior teams

So engage old firm fans with friday night kick offs and to hell with the hundreds who follow clubs all year round on a saturday? 

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So engage old firm fans with friday night kick offs and to hell with the hundreds who follow clubs all year round on a saturday? 

Anything worth a try if begging members for donations. Even if try to offer hospitality packages. Clubs like the Burgh advertise it all the time

8 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Glad u said 17 years in ur case cause when u came down to the juniors at the time u spent money and everyone thought Clydebank would win everything shame u never won much but u did learn money wasn't the answer and yes now ur showing it this season but most of the 17 yrs hasn't probably gone to plan for u u tried but talbot is the model we win and win get money but don't spend stupid hence why we have played Ayr Hearts umpteem times arbroath but still strong has a team and a club without spending money 

We had zero money when we came into the Juniors. We had guys on £10 a week and amateurs. We did have a fanbase and have developed as best we could. We literally started from scratch - had to put shedloads of money into both Glenhead Park and Holm Park to try to develop them to hold crowds. We've been fortunate in that the council - around 6 years ago - gave the club a grant and that was used to develop Holm Park as a ground that ourselves and Yoker could have a permanent home at. This was good for both clubs and it's also great for the other clubs from the area that play and train there. We'll continue to work with the council and the Holm Park Community Football Academy to develop the park - making it better, year on year, for those that use it. 

Our budget is still nothing like some of our rivals but we make up for that in other ways. 

Talbot are a phenomenon in non-league terms. For a village of around 4000 it has achieved so much and should be a role model for other teams in the pyramid.  

Oh Lordy,

Bill,...you could've just said something along the lines of "Ally, shut the f**k up, there are some grown-ups talking here".

Oh,...and I suspect that the Shankland chap might be at the madam as well.

Mind how you go, lads.

Edited by Black Pennel
Too many, many, many, wooords.

10 hours ago, PollokGang said:

...No club outside the top five in the country surely budgets on Scottish cup. Ludicrous. 

Apparently both Darvel and Berwick Rangers did this season and had to make major adjustments financially when the anticipated Scottish Cup run failed to materialise. Something must have blown a hole in Pollok's projected budget for this season for them to be holding an EGM in February and it's not immediately obvious what else that could have been.

9 hours ago, Shankland1874 said:

I love this idea of thousands of people gazing out the window, bored shirtless just waiting for someone to present them with something to do.

"Football! Why didn't I think of it before, I could've  been going for years. If only I'd known it existed outside two teams."

10 hours ago, PollokGang said:

Always good to see other fans wanting to see Pollok fail. Whatever the current situation and outcome of the current situation is, Pollok will be stronger for it. 

No club outside the top five in the country surely budgets on Scottish cup. Ludicrous. 

How will they be stronger for it?

9 hours ago, Shankland1874 said:

Their social media stuff is never off my Twitter feed I think that's the way most punters under about 70 find out about stuff these days.

I'm guessing here, but I would think Pollok gets a decent turnout of occasional OF blow-ins as it is. When you look at the fairly unspectacular crowds the Old Firm B teams pull it suggests a lot of them are only interested in their 1st X1. If they can't be arsed supporting off-shoots of their own clubs then it's going to be tough getting them to go anywhere else in significant, regular numbers. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

I do not want to see Pollok fail but figures being banded about are scary. Massive debt and a major sponsor trying to get his investment back. Very worrying times.

What kind of figures are getting banded about. 

11 hours ago, Shankland1874 said:

I am in no way involved with the club other than going to matches but even with that in mind I feel confident in saying that this is simply not true.

Social media updates are constant and there are signs up in numerous shop windows advertising games, the local pub advertises games etc. Crowds this season show that the club are doing a lot right. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

I do not want to see Pollok fail but figures being banded about are scary. Massive debt and a major sponsor trying to get his investment back. Very worrying times.

What major sponsor is trying to get his investment back?

4 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Oh Lordy,

Bill,...you could've just said something along the lines of "Ally, shut the f**k up, there are some grown-ups talking here".

Oh,...and I suspect that the Shankland chap might be at the madam as well.

Mind how you go, lads.

EGMs during the season to raise money are not normal especially when nothing seems to be offered back.