1 hour ago, Fulton One Nil said:

In my opinion Pollok is one of the elite clubs because of their successful history (sadly not in recent times), their stadium, large average crowd, well known outside our level of the sport and that, including assets, is a multi million pound business.

Unfortunately over many years we have seen disproportionate amounts of money (for whatever reason) come into clubs at our level of football, usually unsustainable & for a limited period only, but never the less it causes a financial ripple effect across almost all the other clubs (wages & fees).

We are now at the stage where our competition has a team near the top of the league that don't have a ground and have almost no support but are very close to winning the league...How do the elite clubs compete with these short term football/business challenges. Clubs like Pollok need to develop a business model to remain competitive in this ever evolving business environment.

My concern is that the people running Pollok and those still hanging around in the darkened corners advising (some with questionable agendas) and or exerting influence are the very individuals who are 100% responsible for both the historic & current fiscal situation that Pollok find themselves in. To be clear the current execs don't have the professional background or experience to run a business. Why are these individuals allowed to continue running the business of Pollok...it seems to me that it's a poorly experienced clique propped up by some members who don't want to upset their friends and or family members who are in charge, despite the fact that those in charge have completely failed (including possible investigations into potential fraud). I appreciate that there is a significant degree of apathy among members however if changes aren't made in the very near future Pollok is going to end up with an average team and no decent ground or at best playing "cage football"

The executives should do the right thing, be honest about their repeated failings and step down, and those supporting them should take a good look at the execs and ask yourself would you let them run a million pound business you owned...put aside your personal relationships with them and think what is best for Pollok in the short, medium and long term.

It looks like we have a good management team (potentially a great management team) who are slowly building a great squad and team but all that blood sweat and tears could be a waste of time and money if the business of Pollok doesn't completely reset itself. There can be no doubt the implications of keeping the current execs will be detrimental to the future of Pollok...why...they have had many years of failure which is only now coming to light.

Our business is not only dysfunctional but is now also toxic.

Gents put your egos aside break up the cliques and do what's best for Pollok.

More to follow.......

I literally cannot wait for next Thursday's update. Hopefully we'll still have a club, a ground and a cup final to look forward to by then. 

2 hours ago, Fulton One Nil said:

In my opinion Pollok is one of the elite clubs because of their successful history (sadly not in recent times), their stadium, large average crowd, well known outside our level of the sport and that, including assets, is a multi million pound business.

Unfortunately over many years we have seen disproportionate amounts of money (for whatever reason) come into clubs at our level of football, usually unsustainable & for a limited period only, but never the less it causes a financial ripple effect across almost all the other clubs (wages & fees).

We are now at the stage where our competition has a team near the top of the league that don't have a ground and have almost no support but are very close to winning the league...How do the elite clubs compete with these short term football/business challenges. Clubs like Pollok need to develop a business model to remain competitive in this ever evolving business environment.

My concern is that the people running Pollok and those still hanging around in the darkened corners advising (some with questionable agendas) and or exerting influence are the very individuals who are 100% responsible for both the historic & current fiscal situation that Pollok find themselves in. To be clear the current execs don't have the professional background or experience to run a business. Why are these individuals allowed to continue running the business of Pollok...it seems to me that it's a poorly experienced clique propped up by some members who don't want to upset their friends and or family members who are in charge, despite the fact that those in charge have completely failed (including possible investigations into potential fraud). I appreciate that there is a significant degree of apathy among members however if changes aren't made in the very near future Pollok is going to end up with an average team and no decent ground or at best playing "cage football"

The executives should do the right thing, be honest about their repeated failings and step down, and those supporting them should take a good look at the execs and ask yourself would you let them run a million pound business you owned...put aside your personal relationships with them and think what is best for Pollok in the short, medium and long term.

It looks like we have a good management team (potentially a great management team) who are slowly building a great squad and team but all that blood sweat and tears could be a waste of time and money if the business of Pollok doesn't completely reset itself. There can be no doubt the implications of keeping the current execs will be detrimental to the future of Pollok...why...they have had many years of failure which is only now coming to light.

Our business is not only dysfunctional but is now also toxic.

Gents put your egos aside break up the cliques and do what's best for Pollok.

More to follow.......

Has the executive not completely changed this season from last year? 

• 2 weeks later...

Having travelled to watch Pollok at Gartcairn for the first time, I was shocked at what is their home ground, very sterile, not fan friendly, no toilets, no pie/boviril stall and no home support (there might have been a couple of fans). How this is allowed to happen is a clear example of how more & more clubs are run at this level, and why the powers that be are way out of depth in terms of organisation, forethought and stewardship.

Pollok have an ongoing "secret project" where they are in advanced negotiations to have a piece of land reclassified to enable a Gartcairn type cage to be built for future home games. My understanding is that memebers will get to vote on the matter however the strategy, as there are no updates or transparency, is that the execs & the hidden figures will argue that this deal MUST be done (no other alternative to be explored and no time to do so) because of the following

* Alot of secret work and time has already been put in

* If we don't vote yes it could be years before another option becomes available

* Our main sponsor will quickly buy Newlandsfield

* Will take too long to put the sale on the open market

* Our main sponsor has been very generous throughout this difficult period & previously and therefore should be allowed to buy the land without competition 

* We need the money now

The above will be the reasons given by the exec to push through a yes vote and not wait for a more suitable piece of land and not go to the open market for the sale of Newlandsfield.

Be under no illusion the above reasons are a preplanned and specific strategy to manipulate and coerce the members into voting yes by telling them there is no time and no money. Be aware that this will not be close to being the best deal for Pollok either medium or long term.

I suppose the first thought is that the new ground maybe fantastic & perfect, and we will get the best price and contractual terms & conditions possible for Newlandsfield despite not putting the land on the open market, be under no illusion Newlandsfield will be one of the most sought after pieces of land in Scotland when it goes up for sale - Why would any land owning business want their much sought after land not to go to the open market for sale..??

This is why - the club is in a self inflicted precarious financial situation, has a strange relationship with its main sponsor (land developer/house builder) and the execs are way out of their comfort zone in terms of their ability to put together and deliver a multi million pound deal which would include the sale of Newlandsfield and the construction of its alternative.

Why is the project secret, it should be shouted far and wide that the land will be up for sale at some point to encourage as may suitors as possible (more interest = more money & better terms/conditions)

Be assured, there are alternative ways to finance Pollok FC in the short term without selling the land or detroying the squad.

What are the plans for the new location - is there a vision and or even a basic design which will allow Pollok FC to be sustainable & competitive for decades to come. Is the land big enough to potentially have

* Grass stadium

* Other pitches & changing rooms (for additional income)

* Parking

* Social club (additional income & general meeting point for the Pollok faithfull)

* Community space (school dinner clubs, charities etc)

* Area(s) that could be leased to another business (for additional income)

I'm told that almost all of the above is not being considered

The people who are in charge of this project and the club are the very ones who have driven Pollok the business into freefall but want the members & supporters to trust them but offer no transparency and no substantiated assurances that financial meltdown won't happen again.

A culture of cliques, secrets & lies, arrogance, inability and financial mismanagement have driven the club to the brink - The situation with the ground and where we go next is yet another example of their inability to do the right thing!! To say their decision making process is laughable would be a massive understatement.

Members & supporters need to keep asking questions and challenging decisions & answers. The exec do not want to be questioned as this will highlight their inability and hidden agendas. If you get an answer, ask for backup to that answer as they have a history of being a bit hit or miss with the truth surrounding answers.

Following another request for money I'm told members are attending another EGM on Wednesday this week - If you're a member, ask questions, demand clear substantiated answers and full transparency.

This is a once and a lifetime opportunity to give Pollok FC (with the correct vision) the foundations to be a sustainable and extremely competitive community club potentially including soccer schools, walking footbal, ladies football and generally a safe & welcoming environment for those who want to be associated with Pollok FC. A location which the southside can get behind and be proud of for generations to come.

There won't be many more opportunities to seriously challenge the execs and others before the smoke and mirror circus starts again and you end up standing watching Pollok in a Gartcairn like cage and being regularly asked to contribute cash to help make up for the continued poor decision making and financial mismanagement of the club.

More to follow..............

2 hours ago, Fulton One Nil said:

Having travelled to watch Pollok at Gartcairn for the first time, I was shocked at what is their home ground, very sterile, not fan friendly, no toilets, no pie/boviril stall and no home support (there might have been a couple of fans). How this is allowed to happen is a clear example of how more & more clubs are run at this level, and why the powers that be are way out of depth in terms of organisation, forethought and stewardship.

Pollok have an ongoing "secret project" where they are in advanced negotiations to have a piece of land reclassified to enable a Gartcairn type cage to be built for future home games. My understanding is that memebers will get to vote on the matter however the strategy, as there are no updates or transparency, is that the execs & the hidden figures will argue that this deal MUST be done (no other alternative to be explored and no time to do so) because of the following

* If we don't vote yes it could be years before another option becomes available

* Our main sponsor has been very generous throughout this difficult period & previously and therefore should be allowed to buy the land without competition 

* We need the money now

The above will be the reasons given by the exec to push through a yes vote and not wait for a more suitable piece of land and not go to the open market for the sale of Newlandsfield.

Be under no illusion the above reasons are a preplanned and specific strategy to manipulate and coerce the members into voting yes by telling them there is no time and no money. Be aware that this will not be close to being the best deal for Pollok either medium or long term.

I suppose the first thought is that the new ground maybe fantastic & perfect, and we will get the best price and contractual terms & conditions possible for Newlandsfield despite not putting the land on the open market, be under no illusion Newlandsfield will be one of the most sought after pieces of land in Scotland when it goes up for sale - Why would any land owning business want their much sought after land not to go to the open market for sale..??

This is why - the club is in a self inflicted precarious financial situation, has a strange relationship with its main sponsor (land developer/house builder) and the execs are way out of their comfort zone in terms of their ability to put together and deliver a multi million pound deal which would include the sale of Newlandsfield and the construction of its alternative.

Why is the project secret, it should be shouted far and wide that the land will be up for sale at some point to encourage as may suitors as possible (more interest = more money & better terms/conditions)

Be assured, there are alternative ways to finance Pollok FC in the short term without selling the land or detroying the squad.

What are the plans for the new location - is there a vision and or even a basic design which will allow Pollok FC to be sustainable & competitive for decades to come. Is the land big enough to potentially have

* Grass stadium

* Parking

* Social club (additional income & general meeting point for the Pollok faithfull)

The people who are in charge of this project and the club are the very ones who have driven Pollok the business into freefall but want the members & supporters to trust them but offer no transparency and no substantiated assurances that financial meltdown won't happen again.

A culture of cliques, secrets & lies, arrogance, inability and financial mismanagement have driven the club to the brink - The situation with the ground and where we go next is yet another example of their inability to do the right thing!! To say their decision making process is laughable would be a massive understatement.

Members & supporters need to keep asking questions and challenging decisions & answers. The exec do not want to be questioned as this will highlight their inability and hidden agendas. If you get an answer, ask for backup to that answer as they have a history of being a bit hit or miss with the truth surrounding answers.

Following another request for money I'm told members are attending another EGM on Wednesday this week - If you're a member, ask questions, demand clear substantiated answers and full transparency.

This is a once and a lifetime opportunity to give Pollok FC (with the correct vision) the foundations to be a sustainable and extremely competitive community club potentially including soccer schools, walking footbal, ladies football and generally a safe & welcoming environment for those who want to be associated with Pollok FC. A location which the southside can get behind and be proud of for generations to come.

There won't be many more opportunities to seriously challenge the execs and others before the smoke and mirror circus starts again and you end up standing watching Pollok in a Gartcairn like cage and being regularly asked to contribute cash to help make up for the continued poor decision making and financial mismanagement of the club.

I seem tae remember a plan like that at Irvine meadow a few years ago. 

is the fella that embarrassed himself oan the park against the talbot still involved at Pollok. Kerr seems a similar situation.

sure it Wis in the local papers. Shannon wid be able to tell u mare. 

17 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

I seem tae remember a plan like that at Irvine meadow a few years ago. 

is the fella that embarrassed himself oan the park against the talbot still involved at Pollok. Kerr seems a similar situation.

sure it Wis in the local papers. Shannon wid be able to tell u mare. 

I'm sure i read Kerr Dicksons a financial advisor at Pollok  🤣🤣🤣

On 29/04/2024 at 14:18, Fulton One Nil said:

* We need the money now

* Grass stadium

* Parking

I suppose you personally are a complete neutral in all this and aren't trying to push some alternative agenda?

Edited by Dean Learner

12 hours ago, Dean Learner said:

I suppose you personally are a complete neutral in all this and aren't trying to push some alternative agenda?

My only agenda is to highlight the execs who are completely responsible (and remain in place) for taking Pollok to the edge of oblivion but have the arrogance not make the appropriate changes required, be transparent, not move away from cliques and generally intend running the club like it's a wee youth football team.

I want members and supporters to see how many bad or seemingly selfish decisions are made, who's making them and try to encourage everyone to both ask questions and ask for substance to the answers.

This would never happen in any other multi million pound company - businesses are circling and preparing to take full advantage of the execs weekly demonstartion of ineptitude and dysfunction.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Fulton One Nil said:

My only agenda is to highlight the execs who are completely responsible (and remain in place) for taking Pollok to the edge of oblivion but have the arrogance not make the appropriate changes required, be transparent, not move away from cliques and generally intend running the club like it's a wee youth football team.

I want members and supporters to see how many bad or seemingly selfish decisions are made, who's making them and try to encourage everyone to both ask questions and ask for substance to the answers.

This would never happen in any other multi million pound company - businesses are circling and preparing to take full advantage of the execs weekly demonstartion of ineptitude and dysfunction.

So after your previous post I spoke to a member who confirmed that the “execs” are all fairly new to the role. This confirms Dean’s point that you are either pushed by alternative motives or don’t have a clue what you are talking about and are choosing to shit stir. 

What businesses are circling? 

Edited by PollokGang

22 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

So after your previous post I spoke to a member who confirmed that the “execs” are all fairly new to the role. This confirms Dean’s point that you are either pushed by alternative motives or don’t have a clue what you are talking about and are choosing to shit stir. 

What businesses are circling? 

As it currently stands------There were 4 execs - The president stood down - The minute secretary became the president- the club secretary remains in place - match secretary remains in place therefore 3 out of the 4 remain.

I'm afraid although not surprised they have been disingenuous with you. They have known about the finacial situation/irregularities for some time and have admitted that they did nothing about it, asked about it but never pushed for the detail and actually cancelled an independant audit which was voted for by the members although the members weren't consulted when the execs decided to cancel the audit.

The worry about Pollok over the years has been the value of the land being used to the clubs detriment. So many new grounds are geared towards community use rather than game day. It’s getting harder to compete against teams with sugar daddy’s but the club should be working closer with the local area and being fully transparent with the current situation 

2 minutes ago, Shankland1874 said:

The worry about Pollok over the years has been the value of the land being used to the clubs detriment. So many new grounds are geared towards community use rather than game day. It’s getting harder to compete against teams with sugar daddy’s but the club should be working closer with the local area and being fully transparent with the current situation 

Tell me you want a plastic pitch without saying you want a plastic pitch.

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Tell me you want a plastic pitch without saying you want a plastic pitch.

I want a decent modern ground with a stand and proper terracing. If it’s plastic or hybrid then would help with the finances going forward