4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Rangers wanted 2 divisions of 16 back as had operated until 1955 (when C Division was abolished and a Scottish Reserve League began).To get around supermajorities they proposed winding-up SFL then immediately forming a new league with 5 'smallest' clubs excluded (not bottom 5 clubs: they'd actually finished 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 15th out of 19 in 1963-64).

At a secret meeting of 'the 32' threats were made to 10 more - Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, East Fife, Montrose, Queen's Park, Raith and Stirling Albion - that some of them might find themself 'swapped' for the 5 if voted against.

It does rather make you wonder about the content of all those informal discussions before the annual attempts to shoehorn their reserves into the pyramid.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Rangers wanted 2 divisions of 16 back as had operated until 1955 (when C Division was abolished and a Scottish Reserve League began).

To get around supermajorities they proposed winding-up SFL then immediately forming a new league with 5 'smallest' clubs excluded (not bottom 5 clubs: they'd actually finished 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 15th out of 19 in 1963-64).

At a secret meeting of 'the 32' threats were made to 10 more - Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, East Fife, Montrose, Queen's Park, Raith and Stirling Albion - that some of them might find themself 'swapped' for the 5 if voted against.

28th April 1964                                                            20th May 1964                              26th May 1964
1964042801.jpg           
image.thumb.png.6dd54e52b1dee2cdddf523d45f934d69.png         1964052601.jpgimage.thumb.png.0d183bc76fa5b86fe2179417d6926bc7.pngimage.png.71a57582dcf73d952706b1219648fa29.png

The press sided with Rangers in their illogical attempts at bullying | borussiabeefburg (wordpress.com)

That first article seems to suggest that initially a majority were in favour? Less clubs, more piece of the pie? Scottish football has always been about self interest hasn't it, imagine if all owners ran their clubs for the benefits of football and supporters 

57 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

That first article seems to suggest that initially a majority were in favour? Less clubs, more piece of the pie? Scottish football has always been about self interest hasn't it, imagine if all owners ran their clubs for the benefits of football and supporters 

Predatory behaviour.

"Just come over here with us where we have more control of the situation and you have less protection; we'll give you a wee sweetie and everything will be so much better without those loser 'friends' of yours"  :yucky

5 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Tick Tock

You've been licking your lips at this potential relegation for weeks. Can I ask why you're so eager to see a fucking riot like EK come into the leagues over Clyde or Stranraer? 

8 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

You can imagine all you like: they can't.

Every "club" in the SPFL is actually a limited company. The law is very clear: the directors MUST run that company for the benefit of its shareholders, not that of the supporters,  football as a whole, or anyone else.

56 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You've been licking your lips at this potential relegation for weeks. Can I ask why you're so eager to see a fucking riot like EK come into the leagues over Clyde or Stranraer? 

Coz Micks a pyoor gd guy n that 

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

Dunno if this has been posted, but what exactly did Albion Rovers, Berwick, Brechin, Stenny, and Stranraer do to upset (The) Rangers anyway?

Too wee, too poor, can't remember what the third one was.

Fans fear for survival of historic Scottish football club Stranraer - BBC News

Fans of one of the world's oldest football clubs fear for its future if it slips out of the national leagues for the first time in its history.

Alan Hannah, who has supported them for more than half a century, described his dismay. "Things have declined and declined for the past 15 or 20 years, and there's less and less fans coming through the gates".

Alex Smith, who has moved away from his native Wigtownshire to Durham, but travels more than 17,000 miles every season to attend all of Stranraer's fixtures - home and away. The 73-year-old feels it would be "catastrophic" for the area if the team fall into the regional Lowland League.

Rhuri Paton said the current plight was "tough to take. The 31-year-old feels that the lack of funding is to blame. He said: "There's been a slow decline. We have one of the lowest crowds, and expenses like bus travel that others don't so this sadly isn't a surprise in the fan base". He believes relegation is a one-way ticket for the Blues.

Laurence Nelson hosts the "It’s No Easy" unofficial Stranraer FC weekly podcast. The 61-year-old fears the club he's supported since the 1960s is set to go through "one of its darkest episodes". "But it feels like we're swilling the drain."

There was me concerned Stranraer fans might be taking a darkly pessimistic view of their prospects 😬...

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

You can imagine all you like: they can't.

Every "club" in the SPFL is actually a limited company. The law is very clear: the directors MUST run that company for the benefit of its shareholders, not that of the supporters,  football as a whole, or anyone else.

Are there not a number of CICs? Also, supporters are shareholders at a number of these limited companies. It's a nonsense to say clubs CAN'T run the clubs for the benefit of supporters. 

4 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Would prefer it wasn't EK Dodgy, the wee cousins of the old Shawfield Clyde but it is what it is.

So you just purely want anybody that isn't a traditional league club to be in the national system? Why? 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

So you just purely want anybody that isn't a traditional league club to be in the national system? Why? 

What's a traditional club?

Can't understand why you're getting so upset, the clubs ain't dying and the fans are possibly getting hauf price fitba should EK Dodgy beat them over 2 games.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

What's a traditional club?

Can't understand why you're getting so upset, the clubs ain't dying and the fans are possibly getting hauf price fitba should EK Dodgy beat them over 2 games.

I'm not upset I'm just asking a genuine question as to why someone is so happy that a club they are completely unaffiliated to might get relegated by another club they are completely unaffiliated to but if you want to carry on avoiding giving an answer that's fine. 

Edit - I said traditional league club, as in those who have been a part of the national league setup before any pyramid. 

Edited by The Moonster

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not upset I'm just asking a genuine question as to why someone is so happy that a club they are completely unaffiliated to might get relegated by another club they are completely unaffiliated to but if you want to carry on avoiding giving an answer that's fine. 

Edit - I said traditional league club, as in those who have been a part of the national league setup before any pyramid. 

I just think it'd be really funny if Clyde go down, I haven't thought much more about it than that. I think they'll avoid the p/o though.