2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I fundamentally agree with you, but rest assured that the shitshow at these two clubs is primarily the product of chancers, incompetents, cowards and in our case a criminal, and not the supporters themselves.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the worst thing to happen to DFC in my lifetime was moving from Boghead as it's seen property speculators gather like flies round shite.  Or make that shite round shite.

We’ve never really recovered from High Fraser dying at the age of 50

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Dumbarton have already been relegated out of the Scottish League, so going down maybe won't concern them too much.

Scottish League Division B[edit]

Pos Team
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Promotion or relegation
1 Motherwell 30 21 3 6 109 43 +66 45 Promotion to the 1954–55 Division A
2 Kilmarnock 30 19 4 7 71 39 +32 42
3 Third Lanark 30 13 10 7 78 48 +30 36  
4 Stenhousemuir 30 14 8 8 66 58 +8 36
5 Morton 30 15 3 12 85 65 +20 33
6 St Johnstone 30 14 3 13 80 71 +9 31
7 Albion Rovers 30 12 7 11 55 63 −8 31
8 Dunfermline Athletic 30 11 9 10 48 57 −9 31
9 Ayr United 30 11 8 11 50 56 −6 30
10 Queen's Park 30 9 9 12 56 51 +5 27
11 Alloa Athletic 30 7 10 13 50 72 −22 24
12 Forfar Athletic 30 10 4 16 38 69 −31 24
13 Cowdenbeath 30 9 5 16 67 81 −14 23
14 Arbroath 30 8 7 15 53 67 −14 23
15 Dundee United 30 8 6 16 54 79 −25 22
16 Dumbarton 30 7 8 15 51 92 −41 22 Relegated to the 1954–55 Division C

We also went out of the league for ten years  in 1897. Weirdly enough we reached the Scottish Cup Final that same season

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

MK is straight out of the Barry Ferguson school of (mis)management. Throw enough cash around to appear successful and feed your out of control ego, thinking you are the next mourinho.

Hopefully just like Ferguson he gets found out big time shortly.

Ferguson deserves more shite for this. Cock man Mick has taken all the 'utter bampot' spotlight from him.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

We also went out of the league for ten years  in 1897. Weirdly enough we reached the Scottish Cup Final that same season

If we go out of the league again we won't be back in one year (like in 1955) or even ten.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Dumbarton have already been relegated out of the Scottish League, so going down maybe won't concern them too much.

Scottish League Division B[edit]

Pos Team
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Promotion or relegation
1 Motherwell 30 21 3 6 109 43 +66 45 Promotion to the 1954–55 Division A
2 Kilmarnock 30 19 4 7 71 39 +32 42
3 Third Lanark 30 13 10 7 78 48 +30 36  
4 Stenhousemuir 30 14 8 8 66 58 +8 36
5 Morton 30 15 3 12 85 65 +20 33
6 St Johnstone 30 14 3 13 80 71 +9 31
7 Albion Rovers 30 12 7 11 55 63 −8 31
8 Dunfermline Athletic 30 11 9 10 48 57 −9 31
9 Ayr United 30 11 8 11 50 56 −6 30
10 Queen's Park 30 9 9 12 56 51 +5 27
11 Alloa Athletic 30 7 10 13 50 72 −22 24
12 Forfar Athletic 30 10 4 16 38 69 −31 24
13 Cowdenbeath 30 9 5 16 67 81 −14 23
14 Arbroath 30 8 7 15 53 67 −14 23
15 Dundee United 30 8 6 16 54 79 −25 22
16 Dumbarton 30 7 8 15 51 92 −41 22 Relegated to the 1954–55 Division C

Just noticed we finished level on points at the bottom that year so went down on goal average.

That second last team?

Dundee United.

With Arbroath only one point ahead of that.

(Some people on P&B might suggest all three of us were stinking the league out.)

17 minutes ago, rockson said:

Just noticed we finished level on points at the bottom that year so went down on goal average.

That second last team?

Dundee United.

With Arbroath only one point ahead of that.

(Some people on P&B might suggest all three of us were stinking the league out.)

You only got relegated as Brechin City were C Division Champions and not a reserve side.

If you had drawn your opening league match at Tannadice instead of losing 2-1, Dundee United would have finished bottom.

Anyway, Division C was scrapped at the end of 1954/55, and all the seniors sides came back into the fold.

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

:lol: you do realise more than one singular person can provide funding to help a club spend massively outwith it’s means? You probably don’t because you clearly have the IQ of a dug.

That’s a bit ruff!

I'm really not getting the relevance of all this ancient history stuff.  We won the first two Scottish League titles and the Scottish Cup in 1883, but we won't be do either any time soon.

Ditto this 'stinking the place out' stuff.  Because our clubs don't have the charisma of, say, Wrexham, doesn't mean they should be disrespected for honestly going about their business.

On 04/05/2024 at 23:17, May Rckinnon said:

This is my issue with the pyramid. Many HL teams would probably be worse off financially if promoted & the LL only seems to produce the chicken man type clubs.

Is it really better to have clubs getting into the 42 having spent over the odds then running out of cash or the sugar daddies running off over having teams like Albion Rovers etc. yes, those relegated so far have been mince, but Scottish football is quite unique in the sense that we have different pockets of the country in which junior clubs operate quite happily where they are with, in some cases, better resources than clubs like Stranraer.

If those at the top really want it to work, do away with the nonsensical license pish & fully open up the pyramid from the very bottom right to the top. The fact Strathspey will continue to survive because fort William are shite & lochee don't fancy going up shows what a shit show it is.

We don't fancy going up? Are you having a laugh? We are very keen on going up but this season we unfortunately simply came up against 2 stronger opponents in Broughty and North End. 

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

We don't fancy going up? Are you having a laugh? We are very keen on going up but this season we unfortunately simply came up against 2 stronger opponents in Broughty and North End. 

You'll find a lot of made up, hysterical nonsense here of what people who have never been to a lower league game think happens down there. It has been quite entertaining 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Spyro said:

You'll find a lot of made up, hysterical nonsense here of what people who have never been to a lower league game think happens down there. It has been quite entertaining 

Yeah, apparently in some circles, our 5-0 defeat against North End fed those rumours. Yet these people ignore that our players worked their socks off just a few days prior to come back from 2-0 down against East Craigie to win 3-2, they wouldn't have done that if they weren't bothered with promotion. Also, NE are absolutely flying at the moment as their other results show as well. We were simply beaten by a better team, that's football. Frustrating, especially as they won't get promoted (nor Broughty should NE still fail) but it is what it is.

I know that behind the scenes a hell of a lot of work is already going on to move the club forward both on and off the pitch in the hope that next season we can come back stronger and hopefully win the title. That's why these claims that we wouldn't want it are just so ridiculous.

Edit: and let's not ignore the fact that Lochee United were one of a few clubs in Tayside & the North region pushing for pyramid inclusion when talks were taking place with the HL to ultimately convince the other clubs to agree to it and get it voted through.

Edited by Marten

On 07/05/2024 at 08:50, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Ditto this 'stinking the place out' stuff.  Because our clubs don't have the charisma of, say, Wrexham, doesn't mean they should be disrespected for honestly going about their business.

Charisma?

Have you ever been to Wrexham?

I have.

I couldn't leave the place quick enough (even though it's got some decent Art Deco buildings.)

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, rockson said:

Charisma?

Have you ever been to Wrexham?

I have.

I couldn't leave the place quick enough (even though it's got some decent Art Deco buildings.)

I was referring to the football club - the one owned by Ryan Reynolds ? - and not the town.  But I'm sure you knew that 😏

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, I was there last night and it was a thoroughly deserved (overall) win based on last nights performance.  You're number 5 hobbled through the whole second half and couldn't run the length of himself, but hardly gave Spartans a sniff.  

All I say is 12 months ago Stirling Albion were on a crest of a wave, the greasy pole works in mysterious ways......

On 06/05/2024 at 14:22, jaggyness said:

Also worth pointing out that prior to his involvement within the football pyramid MK was at amateur side Colville Park who were paying players and also went belly up after he left. Given the players should have been paying their way at this level it looks suspicious at the very least. 

By belly up, you mean ceased to exist.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I reckon both finalists today will be in L2 next season.

I haven't followed this story closely. Why is it now suddenly an issue with Edinburgh City? They've been in the leagues a few seasons now so what's changed?