Euro 2024 Sticker Album

Quentin Taranbino

On 08/04/2024 at 20:53, GrahamJags said:

Not a fan of the numbering being within the teams rather than just starting from 1. Pain in the arse to find things.

Do you not sort them by team before sticking them in anyway?

Absolute anarchy if folk are sticking them in the order they come out the packet! 

I'm a bit on the fence about this. The Panini collections have been moving slightly towards a more kiddie style recently (IMO), and this looks even more so. Might just order the hardback album and see if I can grab a box of stickers on the cheap from somewhere, or get a full set when the demand dies down (which ruins the fun, obviously). The cost has been putting me off for a while, and I didn't finish Qatar 2022 in the end.

If Scotland hadn't qualified I'm not sure I'd bother TBH, and I've been collecting these since Mexico 86. I worked out a while ago that the packs of stickers should be 24p each if they'd followed inflation since then, so it's quite a rip-off now.  I seem to remember Groupon and the like doing boxes at a slight reduction in the past? Anyone seen any deals yet?

Oh, the thing about the play-off sides being included reminds me of the Orbis World Cup 90 collection, which you bought in fortnightly segments beginning about a year before the tournament. For some reason they decided to start with Denmark who were almost qualified before falling apart and getting pipped by Romania  :P

11 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Do you not sort them by team before sticking them in anyway?

Absolute anarchy if folk are sticking them in the order they come out the packet! 

Sort of - I order(ed) them by sticker number and went through them in numerical order. 

On 08/04/2024 at 20:53, GrahamJags said:

Not a fan of the numbering being within the teams rather than just starting from 1. Pain in the arse to find things.

Yeah, I’ve found the numbering bizarre.  

I would normally just organise by number and then be able to flip through and stick in order - for this, I have to organise first by team (or by sticker group, as there are the odd Euro or UEFA stickers).  And they have all the other country coded ones which actually sit on the group pages before the teams (P1/2, PTW, SP, TOP1/2)

also, there is certainly some interesting choices made in which players to include/exclude - Mbappe? Mount? Foden?.  And the inconsistency in the sticker design between teams too.  Panini have the rights to the England and various other national teams, and have a separate album for it - so from what I can see there’s a situation where some teams include the kit, and others (including England) just have their heads

Edited by JohnDoe88

9 hours ago, JohnDoe88 said:

Yeah, I’ve found the numbering bizarre.  

I would normally just organise by number and then be able to flip through and stick in order - for this, I have to organise first by team (or by sticker group, as there are the odd Euro or UEFA stickers).  And they have all the other country coded ones which actually sit on the group pages before the teams (P1/2, PTW, SP, TOP1/2)

also, there is certainly some interesting choices made in which players to include/exclude - Mbappe? Mount? Foden?.  And the inconsistency in the sticker design between teams too.  Panini have the rights to the England and various other national teams, and have a separate album for it - so from what I can see there’s a situation where some teams include the kit, and others (including England) just have their heads

Oh FFS, they're back to this shite?

There was a while when Panini only had the rights to certain nations' FA logos, so you'd just get a generic bland flag shiny for the others. The English FA seem particularly bad for making their own arrangements (unsurprisingly).

Not as bad as Iran being missed out entirely in 1998 because Panini didn't get the rights in time  :rolleyes:

I believe it is England, Germany, Spain and France who Topps don’t have the rights for - the association logos have been replaced with the national flags in these instances (the England Panini album I think also includes these countries - so they probably hoovered up those rights)

There’s a vague disclaimer on the first page ‘You may notice while collecting that a select few nations and athletes are represented different than the rest.  Despite maximum efforts, certain players elected not to be part of the collection’

image.jpg

Edited by JohnDoe88

4 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

What's the script with the gold parallel cards on this?

Think their’s one with the signature and one without. 

I got an McTominay signature sticker. 

12 hours ago, JohnDoe88 said:

I believe it is England, Germany, Spain and France who Topps don’t have the rights for - the association logos have been replaced with the national flags in these instances (the England Panini album I think also includes these countries - so they probably hoovered up those rights)

There’s a vague disclaimer on the first page ‘You may notice while collecting that a select few nations and athletes are represented different than the rest.  Despite maximum efforts, certain players elected not to be part of the collection’

image.jpg

f**k's sake.

Thinking about it, this shite happened a lot with the Panini Euro albums too. Somehow they usually sort themselves out for the World Cup ones.

Also, has Courtois always been part giraffe?

16 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think their’s one with the signature and one without. 

I got an McTominay signature sticker. 

Many moons ago, Panini did SPL albums with normal, silver, and gold versions of certain stickers in the collections. They also had a daft giant sticker in each pack, roughly two times the size of a regular one, and strange transparent plastic cards that you couldn't stick in the albums. Presumably an attempt to turn the sticker market into something like the American trading card collections, where you get about half a dozen versions of each card of varying rarity.

Be nice if they could try working on having a nice set of normal stickers before fannying about with that shite.

21 minutes ago, BFTD said:

f**k's sake.

Thinking about it, this shite happened a lot with the Panini Euro albums too. Somehow they usually sort themselves out for the World Cup ones.

Also, has Courtois always been part giraffe?

Many moons ago, Panini did SPL albums with normal, silver, and gold versions of certain stickers in the collections. They also had a daft giant sticker in each pack, roughly two times the size of a regular one, and strange transparent plastic cards that you couldn't stick in the albums. Presumably an attempt to turn the sticker market into something like the American trading card collections, where you get about half a dozen versions of each card of varying rarity.

Be nice if they could try working on having a nice set of normal stickers before fannying about with that shite.

Not stuck my McTominay sticker in the book. Need to get a cover/holder for it. 

Won't stick any signature stickers into the book. 

My daughter bought the starter pack, and I chipped in with 20 packets, but I am seriously disinterested in pressing on with this (she has left it on the coffee table after going back to uni after Easter hols, which is telling).

Absolutely insane numbering system, stupid protectionism about strips and badges, annoying multiple variations... not hopeful unless I see a box going under some tremendous offer somewhere.

Got this on Saturday. 

The quality of this is honking. Same picture used for example for Rico Lewis and his "shiny".

A raft of play off teams who were never going to make it to the tournament. 

And 1 a packet??? Not even guaranteed a shiny it seems. For I think 6 stickers. That's a total rip off. 

Last time I collected it was 25 per pack, nicely rounded up for 4 a quid. And I'd get loads of Pars ones even as duplicates. Not so much here but you get my drift.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, perfectDisguise said:

Anyone interested in swapping doubles for this? Can post lists if so.

I could be up for this cheers. I'll get a spreadsheet up and running and post on here.