The Dons v Motherwell

Just now, 10menwent2mow said:

I think it's very harsh to have a go at Shady Mo tonight. Asked to play hugely out of position and Motherwell exploited that to great effect. He was chucked under the bus. 

He was pish against Bonnyrigg as well. He plays with fear. Afraid to get stuck in. Not a player we can afford to have in our team.

29 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Robbed of a 4th.

This is not offside 

WTF & how has Steven McLean drawn these lines? 

Such a shite decision - sums up how Var is steadily ruining things. Offside was never meant to do this. 

14 minutes ago, Swello said:

Such a shite decision - sums up how Var is steadily ruining things. Offside was never meant to do this. 

VAR is shite, but if it hadn't been in place the goal would have been disallowed anyway by the linesman's flag, no?

It's incredibly close and my opinion is when it's that close the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacker, but it's hard to justify VAR overruling the linesman there under the current rules.

22 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I think it's very harsh to have a go at Shady Mo tonight. Asked to play hugely out of position and Motherwell exploited that to great effect. He was chucked under the bus. 

Well have a go at the untouchable Warnock then. Shown himself right up tonight as an utterly useless judge of a scenario. Glad he’s enjoying his wee extremely well paid jolly in Scotland though. Fuckin p***k 

Edited by 1GregStewart

Aberdeen, why couldn't ya help County out FFS? County have been gifting the Dons wins this season as well, practically rolling over for them.

Motherwell at home, new manager, WTF is that! Especially with Miovski, proper striker. 

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

That would suggest you lot should have far more points than Hearts in the all time league table, but that is not the case Hearts are above Aberdeen .   If you think that the timeframe I'm using is too long, how about the last three seasons? If the league was stopped now in the last three years you've averaged about 7th place, Hearts have averaged about 3rd. <smug smilie>

You mean a team who have existed nearly 30 years longer earned more points in that time? Wow. (Over 300 points for you before we were formed...)

Pre 1900 doing some heavy lifting for Hearts!

In the last 10 years you've been relegated as many times as youve finished above us.

Even last season you managed to finish below a Jim Goodwin / Barry Robson team.

😄

16 minutes ago, DC92 said:

VAR is shite, but if it hadn't been in place the goal would have been disallowed anyway by the linesman's flag, no?

It's incredibly close and my opinion is when it's that close the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacker, but it's hard to justify VAR overruling the linesman there under the current rules.

Aye, you're quite right - i forgot the linesman gave it too. 

34 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

It is harsh to have a go at a boy asked to play many many levels above his capabilities. Up there in the higher echolons of worst signings in our 121 year history. 

5 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

You mean a team who have existed nearly 30 years longer earned more points in that time? Wow. (Over 300 points for you before we were formed...)

Pre 1900 doing some heavy lifting for Hearts!

In the last 10 years you've been relegated as many times as youve finished above us.

Even last season you managed to finish below a Jim Goodwin / Barry Robson team.

😄

Don't baffle the diddy with cold hard logic

48 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Robbed of a 4th.

This is not offside 

WTF & how has Steven McLean drawn these lines? 

It's pretty simple really, the VAR selects the closest point to the goal on the body of each player (not hands or arms) with their crosshair and the technology does the rest to produce the offside lines to account for the camera angle.

31 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

As said above, the VAR decision to rule out the Miovski goal for offside is absolutely tinpot. The technology obviously isn't fit for purpose if we end up saying that is offside with those images.

VAR didn't rule the goal, it was given offside by the assistant and confirmed as correct by VAR.

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It's pretty simple really, the VAR selects the closest point to the goal on the body of each player (not hands or arms) with their crosshair and the technology does the rest to produce the offside lines to account for the camera angle.

VAR didn't rule the goal, it was given offside by the assistant and confirmed as correct by VAR.

Aye, and they were both wrong 🤡

28 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Well have a go at the untouchable Warnock then. Shown himself right up tonight as an utterly useless judge of a scenario. Glad he’s enjoying his wee extremely well paid jolly in Scotland though. Fuckin p***k 

I'm more than happy to have a go at Warnock tonight. That starting 11 was laughable. It was reminiscent of the Calderwood tombola. 

I'm not convinced it's the right appointment and his first press conference about 'comin up ere and avin sum fun' majorly put me off. I don't see what we gain from this other than maybe getting a few more seconds on sky sports news because he might have 'summit funny to say'  

I'm still absolutely fuming at that starting 11 and the fact we scabbed a 3-3 changes nothing. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

If that VAR offside decision went against one of the Old Firm, even if they were like 5-0 up, there would be a month-long campaign for answers.

VAR is rubbish, but it is even worse when it is the utterly, utterly tinpot version that we have up here. 

Luckily VAR wasn’t around in 2012.