The Dons v Motherwell

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If there was no VAR it would still have been chopped off because that was the onfield decision.

Exactly. 

That's two league games in a row where Miovski has been given offside by the linesman despite being onside. 

Don't see other example of this elsewhere. 

This is what happens when all the officials come from the central belt. 

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I would normally agree with you on offsides, but the photo last night with dotted lines going up in the air, through bodies and intermingling was a joke.

The starting eleven was mind boggling last night, and the first thing that went through my head was that Warnock was "having a bit of fun" at our expense, and maybe he was. You could have asked anyone at the game over the age of 10 last night what they thought was going to happen with one centre back and two full backs as a back three, and two players who don't defend, one in particular, as wing backs, and they would have told you. But you have to give him credit for changing it quickly, although maybe after the second goal might have been better.

Like you I do fear that we will end up in the bottom six, but in our last nine games we play St Johnstone, Ross County, Motherwell, Hibs and Dundee twice so it's very much in our hands to get a minimum of sixth before the split. We have to hope that we've seen the last of the experimentation now.

It’s in our hands but we are far too fragile at the back. Even after we came back to 3-3 last night we still looked pretty shaky in moments and like we could concede again. 

Killie, st Mirren and Dundee so far don’t look like falling away in any significant fashion so to sneak top 6 we need a run of form that I just don’t think we have in us based on what I’ve seen. The defence (and Roos) are too much of a liability and as an attacking force simply not potent enough to compensate. 

17 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Exactly. 

That's two league games in a row where Miovski has been given offside by the linesman despite being onside. 

User name checks out.

Linesman flags offside. VAR checks it. Confirms it was (marginally) offside.

Of all the VAR nonsense we put up with, this one is straightforward.

Decent game to watch last night and probably the best result from a Saints point of view.

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I would normally agree with you on offsides, but the photo last night with dotted lines going up in the air, through bodies and intermingling was a joke.

I don’t see what you’re getting at here. 

The dotted lines show the projection down from the relevant body parts. When you have one player in front of another (in terms of the image, not the offside rule), at least one of those lines will need to “go through” the other player, and at least one will need to appear to cross the other solid line in its route to the ground.  

Aye, the complaints about Miovski's goal are weird.  Nobody looking at the TV pictures can tell if he's actually onside.  I mean, he looks it (I think) but we're not looking at it straight on.  The poster above wanting the wee lines curved around the defensive players rather than going, y'know, straight to the floor is an interesting one...

I could understand the rage if the goal has been given, on field, and VAR had chopped it off, but it appeared there was no conclusive evidence to show the on field decision was incorrect, so that decision stood.

As for the game itself, it summed up everything about this current Motherwell team.  Can knock the ball about well at times, and are more than capable of sticking the ball in the net.  The defensive side, however?  f**k me!  I can't wait until this season is over and I never need to see Liam Kelly in a Motherwell jersey again.  

We have one goalie on loan and the other who is on a one year deal, which finishes at the end of the season.

McInnes signed Birghitti on emergency loan rather than the more sensible option of going in nets himself, so Kelly being out of contract worries me greatly.

Edited by Scooby_Doo
Fat fingers

14 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

We have one goalie on loan and the other who is on a one year deal, which finishes at the end of the season.

McInnes signed Birghitti on emergency loan rather than the more sensible option of going in nets himself, so Kelly being out of contract worries me greatly.

I think he'd be a great addition for you guys. You should start a campaign to sign him on a pre-contract now before you miss out.

I see the tinfoil hats are still on re these "dotted lines".

I've nae doubt that was good for the neutral but I hated 70 mins of it. We fucked it right away with that 1st dons goals.

10 hours ago, Alberto Spencer said:

Aberdeen's best finishing position in the Second Tier is 7th. You were "Elected" to the 1st Division, however, so that's not a bad result 😀

You were "invited" into it, what's your point caller?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The starting eleven was mind boggling last night, and the first thing that went through my head was that Warnock was "having a bit of fun" at our expense, and maybe he was.

Is there a chance this goes... quite badly? Like, I know everyone had their fun with Warnock signing and he's undeniably had a good career, but my concern was that he might treat the whole thing like a big jolly. Like a non-league side turning up at Parkhead and spending their warm up taking photos on the pitch because it's a good laugh and doesn't really matter.

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Exactly. 

The famous anti-Aberdeen bias, yes. :lol: Grow up.

6 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Is there a chance this goes... quite badly? Like, I know everyone had their fun with Warnock signing and he's undeniably had a good career, but my concern was that he might treat the whole thing like a big jolly. Like a non-league side turning up at Parkhead and spending their warm up taking photos on the pitch because it's a good laugh and doesn't really matter.

The famous anti-Aberdeen bias, yes. :lol: Grow up.

I can't see it going any worse than it was going under Robson.