The Dons v The Hibees

Reached the point where every upcoming fixture is greeted with a heavy sigh. Lucky we aren’t having to cram one in every few days for the next 9 months or something. 

Hibs are almost as Jekyll and Hyde as us so f**k knows what will happen here. 

Would be nice to see us put in a 90 minute performance not peppered with heart in mouth defensive moments, goalkeeping calamities and/or ridiculous goals conceded. 

Or just something, anything to get me interested in this team again. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Would be nice to see us put in a 90 minute performance not peppered with heart in mouth defensive moments, goalkeeping calamities and/or ridiculous goals conceded. 

Or just something, anything to get me interested in this team again. 

Clearly stolen from any Hibs match thread.........................

22 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Clearly stolen from any Hibs match thread.........................

Both teams have identical league records currently too. Saturday is shaping up to be 90 minutes of pure entertainment.

We had a pretty easy time of it up at Pittodrie earlier in the season then should’ve drawn or maybe even lost the game at ER but somehow Miovski missed about six clear chances.

I’ll say 2-2 draw since it seems to be our favourite scoreline this season. Hopefully we stick with the change in formation and stop trying to play it out from the back when clearly not capable of doing so.

We won't win and we will lose some cheap goals. I have the same complete apathy for this team as @Dons_1988and yet will still be raging when we inevitably don't win this.

That Hibs fans are in the same boat as us says a lot about the massive underachievement and continual boardroom failings of these clubs in the last 4-5 years.

This is the absolute last chance to start a push in the league for top six, which has to be the target, much as it is a downturn. The mentality from the off has to be the same as it was in the 30 minutes after we went 3-0 down on Wednesday, for the whole match. I'm confident. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

This is the absolute last chance to start a push in the league for top six, which has to be the target, much as it is a downturn. The mentality from the off has to be the same as it was in the 30 minutes after we went 3-0 down on Wednesday, for the whole match. I'm confident. 

The jekyll and hyde tends to be within games as much as it is in terms of inconsistent results in general.   Very few teams will ever dominate for 90 minutes, but my worry is how bad the drop off can be.   Maybe the team tired themselves out coming back on Wednesday after really good spells either side of HT, but it was a bit of a mess by the end with Well looking much more likely to snatch a winner.

This might be quite an entertaining game, but the fact that neither side here is as good as the sum of their parts means there's a fair chance there's a post-split bottom sixer at Easter Road still to come in a few months.

30 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The jekyll and hyde tends to be within games as much as it is in terms of inconsistent results in general.   Very few teams will ever dominate for 90 minutes, but my worry is how bad the drop off can be.   Maybe the team tired themselves out coming back on Wednesday after really good spells either side of HT, but it was a bit of a mess by the end with Well looking much more likely to snatch a winner.

This might be quite an entertaining game, but the fact that neither side here is as good as the sum of their parts means there's a fair chance there's a post-split bottom sixer at Easter Road still to come in a few months.

Aberdeen will make the top 6.  Hibs won't. Hibs will do something mad like beat Hearts and Rangers and then lose out on goal difference at the split having lost away at Livingston or something idiotic like that.