The Dons v The Hibees

11 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

If I was the player in Scotland most regularly booked for diving, I would simply... Not draw further attention to it, lest I start losing out on legitimate claims of fouls? 🤔😬

Boyle is not the biggest diver in the Hibs team.

Pass that accolade on to Lewis Miller 

What a pathetic excuse for a defender he is 😆 

Built like a tank. 
A body of jelly. 
He should be embarrassed at his antics. 

Cost his team a place in a cup final this season due to diving instead of standing in his feet & using his undoubted physique. 
You’d think Montgomery would’ve told him?

As an aside, David Dickinson should be nowhere near VAR again after missing a clear penalty for both sides. 
Inexplicable.
Do the SFA ever makes these useless arseholes accountable?  

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If the Miovski/Marshall incident happens with a tackle in the box where the defender gets a slight touch on the ball and wipes the attacker out with the follow through, it's always going to be a penalty. Why should it be different with a goalkeeping challenge?

They're both running for the ball and Marshall beats him to it, surely at that point Miovski's going to be the one giving away a foul for being late on Marshall if anything.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They're both running for the ball and Marshall beats him to it, surely at that point Miovski's going to be the one giving away a foul for being late on Marshall if anything.

I actually think Miovski got his head to the ball a fraction before Marshall did. Though it’s hard to tell.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yeah I think way more of this is being made than need be. Marshall gets there and they clash but I’m not seeing a pen really. I still don’t think the handball is anyway conclusive either. 

Both sides should be far more concerned with their inability to defend. 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Boyle is not the biggest diver in the Hibs team.

Pass that accolade on to Lewis Miller 

What a pathetic excuse for a defender he is 😆 

Built like a tank. 
A body of jelly. 
He should be embarrassed at his antics. 

Cost his team a place in a cup final this season due to diving instead of standing in his feet & using his undoubted physique. 
You’d think Montgomery would’ve told him?

As an aside, David Dickinson should be nowhere near VAR again after missing a clear penalty for both sides. 
Inexplicable.
Do the SFA ever makes these useless arseholes accountable?  

Jie Newell was motioning for him to get up at one point near the end.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah I think way more of this is being made than need be. Marshall gets there and they clash but I’m not seeing a pen really. I still don’t think the handball is anyway conclusive either. 

Both sides should be far more concerned with their inability to defend. 

Shinnie was red carded for winning the ball and following through on an opponent.

Can't see why a goalies punch should be any different?

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You're absolutely correct. His jaw made a vicious attack on Marshall's fist. Retrospective red incoming for Bojan. 

43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Are your eyes painted on?

Yet another ridiculous take from you. 
Again.

Miovski clearly gets the ball first & actually heads the ball on to Marshall’s fist, which then goes through Miovski.

Dearie me. 🤡

24 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Shinnie was red carded for winning the ball and following through on an opponent.

Can't see why a goalies punch should be any different?

Don’t think those incidents are remotely comparable tbh. 

Going full da here, but I could be technically wrong on whether both of these pens. Happy to concede if I am but I’m glad the game wasn’t settled by either incident. We should’ve won without VAR and I’d rather focus on that, as it’s the same reason we’re in the bottom 6. 

Every thread being dragged into this is just dull. 

If that Devlin handball isn’t a penalty then the rules broken. He’s moved his arm toward the ball, made contact and gained a clear advantage. 
But, for what it’s worth, I think that Marshall incident is a penalty.

Can’t disagree with the folk calling out Millers antics, he’s pissing me off too. There’s a decent, solid right back there but he needs to cut out the nonsense and learn to stop diving into challenges. He completely sells himself for the second goal for about the millionth time this season.

Not seeing what anyone is seeing in the Marshall - Miovski incident for apenalty. Miovski gets a sore one, but that's just part of his job. Marshall punches the ball.

I think it's fair to say the defending is the main take-away from this one. Aberdeen's second goal is objectively hilarious. Like something from a kids' game. Both goals Aberdeen conceded pretty comical too.

Amazing that both clubs have taken so long to get their back lines sorted out. Utter failure in planning and recruitment.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Not seeing what anyone is seeing in the Marshall - Miovski incident for apenalty. Miovski gets a sore one, but that's just part of his job. Marshall punches the ball.

What you've failed to consider is that if a totally different thing happens with totally different parts of the body in a totally different type of challenge, then it would be a foul.

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t think those incidents are remotely comparable tbh. 

Going full da here, but I could be technically wrong on whether both of these pens. Happy to concede if I am but I’m glad the game wasn’t settled by either incident. We should’ve won without VAR and I’d rather focus on that, as it’s the same reason we’re in the bottom 6. 

Every thread being dragged into this is just dull. 

It's nothing to do with VAR though.

I'm saying the decisions seemed obvious to me at the game and were even more obvious when I got home. The referee should be giving them both without VAR.

Yesterday's result had nothing to do with VAR. If my under 10s give away a goal similar to either this afternoon then I'll be upset.

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I'm saying the decisions seemed obvious to me at the game and were even more obvious when I got home. The referee should be giving them both without VAR.

Yesterday's result had nothing to do with VAR. If my under 10s give away a goal similar to either this afternoon then I'll be upset.

Cool, I’m sure plenty people will be willing to go on about it, won’t be me. 

I get that I am not going to be the most objective assessor when it comes to Aberdeen, but I find it remarkable that anybody can watch the footage of the Miovski/Marshall incident several times over, from different angles, and not think it is a pretty clear penalty.

And yes, Hibs should have had one too. 

Watching the highlights just now and it certainly makes for an exciting game when neither team can defend at all.

Hard to believe that Marshall punch on Miovski wasn't given as a penalty, though. Even by the shitty standards of refereeing in this country, that's baffling.

4 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Watching the highlights just now and it certainly makes for an exciting game when neither team can defend at all.

A lot of our fans will be happy with these basketball style matches we’ve started serving up given the moans about entertainment levels over much of the past decade.

It’s as if there has been acceptance that Europe and even the Top Six are now out of reach, and Warnock has come up for a bit of a giggle and some fun for the supporters (if you classify losing easy goals as enjoyable that is).

9 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I think it has a lot to do with VAR, if I’m being honest.

Referees now have a safety net that allows them to shy away from making tough decisions. Then, as a lot of decisions are subjective, the on-field decision can often be supported one way or another.

If there is no VAR yesterday, then I think the chances of either of those incidents having a penalty awarded increases dramatically.

Edited by AJF