St Johnstone v Rangers: Sun 18th Feb - 12:00

1 hour ago, Broughty said:

Second penalty to me is ridiculous, Luke Robinson had his back to where the ball came from so how is that not just accidental.

VAR strikes again.

Because his hand was out to the side and stopped a shot on target. Quite simple really

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

At least without VAR the different decisions for the same incident could be excused as refs not having the same view all the time, quite how they still cant be consistent with time and multiple replays to decide, is beyond me.

It's still different people making decisions, it's not like there's some magic line that makes something a clear penalty or not a penalty.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's still different people making decisions, it's not like there's some magic line that makes something a clear penalty or not a penalty.

Its pretty clear what the rules are, and when referees trained by the same organisation are getting multiple slow motion replays from all angles, then consistent decisions should come from that. 

The whole point of VAR is surely to give referees time and space to review things so we get consistently correct decisions? Removes the chance of them not seeing the incident correctly and having to act on instinct.

1 hour ago, johnoswald2712 said:

I’m surprised nobody is saying anything about Smith being wiped out early in the second half.

It’s ‘cos it wasn’t a penalty. 

With Diomande, Lundstram and Cantwell playing well, Sterling might well become the answer to the question ‘how do you replace Daniel Candeias’. Pity he couldn’t sort his feet for the chance later on, deserves a goal for the shift he puts in and the opportunity he’s seizing.

Referee could do with reminding that there’s no minimum number of fouls before pulling out his cards, and letting players rollover 7 or 8 in midfield is not a normal part of the game. 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Seems,as if Rangers are gettingall these penalties to ensure they win the league.

Cracking conspiracy aside from the small fact that celtc have been given more penalties than ourselves this season. 

16 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

But have you had any been given against you? No. Thought not!

Yes 😂 we conceded a penalty against Kilmarnock in January. I believe we also have the most amount of red cards this season.

Celtic have conceded 0 penalties.

There is no conspiracy either way.

25 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

You do know that handball isnt just based on accidental or on purpose

Its only a foul if the players purposely made their body bigger with their arms and moves their arms towards the ball.

Screenshot_20240218_182806_Microsoft365(Office).thumb.jpg.73a810dd75e08fb612bd7590fe04a1af.jpg

Quite how someone with their back to play and twisting can do that, and where else their arm is meant to be, i dunno.

But they change the handball rules all the time purely for VAR, so they just make it up as they go.

Edited by RandomGuy.

23 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

You do know that handball isnt just based on accidental or on purpose

Its only a foul if the players purposely made their body bigger with their arms.

Screenshot_20240218_182806_Microsoft365(Office).thumb.jpg.73a810dd75e08fb612bd7590fe04a1af.jpg

Quite how someone with their back to play and twisting can do that, and where else their arm is meant to be, i dunno.

But they change the handball rules all the time purely for VAR, so they just make it up as they go.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its only a foul if the players purposely made their body bigger with their arms and moves their arms towards the ball.

I think a bigger question is why your player turned his back on the shot like he did.  Why not show a bit commitment to the cause and keep facing the ball?

Definite penalty though.  I don’t think you can just pirouette in the middle of the box with your arms out wide then complain about conceding a penalty when your arm stops the ball heading for goal.

Edited by Shadow Play

16 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I don’t think you can just pirouette in the middle of the box with your arms out wide then complain about conceding a penalty when your arm stops the ball heading for goal.

You can forgive our players being confused since an identical situation didnt see us get a penalty against Hearts a week or so ago.

5 hours ago, Broughty said:

Second penalty to me is ridiculous, Luke Robinson had his back to where the ball came from so how is that not just accidental.

VAR strikes again.

Begging like fck. Both stonewallers.

Robinson should stop being a shitebag and turning his back on the shot. Maybe then he can keep his arms by his side. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can forgive our players being confused since an identical situation didnt see us get a penalty against Hearts a week or so ago.

Still doesn’t answer why he turned his back though.  I know it takes a bit of courage but I think players should be standing their ground.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Still doesn’t answer why he turned his back though.  I know it takes a bit of courage but I think players should be standing their ground.

Because hes stretching a leg out to block a shot and mistimes it horrendously.

He should just stand and try and block it by facing it, but when youre desperately sprinting about trying to block shots it probably not that easy to think straight.

The game isnt played in slow motion.