Falkirk v Montrose

22 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I think we’ll get beat tonight.

I’m mentally prepared for it.

We need to fly out the traps like on Saturday, early goal will make all the difference for us. Always a tough game against Montrose, would love to see them go up via the playoffs.

Saturday will have taken a lot out of the players physically and mentally, so I’d expect one or two changes; I think Tait will be in from the start. I too think this could be quite a big stumbling block and Montrose have been a very tricky side for us over the years. Would take 1-0 right now but a draw wouldn’t be a disaster really.

2 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

We need to fly out the traps like on Saturday, early goal will make all the difference for us. Always a tough game against Montrose, would love to see them go up via the playoffs.

I would prefer Alloa myself, we have a better record against the Wasps than the Mo and it gives us a local derby because I want  Alloa to pump the mutants in the play-offs again.

The thing about stumbling blocks like this is we now have guys like Tait, Shanley, Ross, Alfie etc on the bench who would start for everyone else in the league and can ensure we can go balls out for 90 mins. I agree with the shouts that Tait will probably start tonight and hopefully that allows us to keep up the intensity. 

2 hours ago, StuartA said:

I dreamt that Kelty would beat us.

I also dreamt that Godzilla was chasing me in my underwear, but not in a good way.

You must have some size of an arse if godzilla can get into your underwear!

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Would love to go up through the play offs but don't think we are good enough to be honest.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I would prefer Alloa myself, we have a better record against the Wasps than the Mo and it gives us a local derby because I want  Alloa to pump the mutants in the play-offs again.

Since being down here we have beat Montrose 8 times to their 4 and 3 of their wins was in the Sheerin/Rennie season where Jossy's Giants could've beat us, so those 3 don't count 😃

Montrose tho seem to do well all season and first play off game at home then burn.

At worst id love to remain unbeaten in the league at home all season 

From the SPFL website.... 

11 – Falkirk moved 11 points clear at the top of cinch League 1 thanks to a 3-2 victory over title rivals Hamilton Academical at the Falkirk Stadium. Goals from Callumn Morrison, Ross MacIver and Calvin Miller saw the Bairns race into a three-goal lead inside the first half-hour, and they survived an Accies fightback to secure the victory. John McGlynn’s side remain the only SPFL club who are unbeaten in the league this season – they have picked up 18 wins and five draws from their 23 matches. Including the final two matches of last season, Falkirk are now unbeaten in 25 league matches, just one short of their club record, set between January and September 1994 under Jim Jefferies.

4 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Saturday will have taken a lot out of the players physically and mentally, so I’d expect one or two changes; I think Tait will be in from the start. I too think this could be quite a big stumbling block and Montrose have been a very tricky side for us over the years. Would take 1-0 right now but a draw wouldn’t be a disaster really.

I think Montrose will change a good few, their manager alluded to that in his post match interview at the weekend. I would suggest our squad is slightly stronger that theirs