Shame on Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs

13 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I know Mark. This interview is not a true representation of him as a person.

He's an even bigger p***k in real life.

He also has a fat head. I certainly don't trust him. 

Thank you. 

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Also has an indirect pop at Neil Warnock when he laughably says his record is better than the managers Huddersfield appointed after him - just factually wrong.

Clearly taking PR advice from Derek Adams. 

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/12001490/mark-fortheringham-bundesliga-success-never-spfl-boss-jurgen-klinsmann/

Not really a suitable thread for it and probably not even really deserving of a thread itself but I felt compelled to share the shocking revelation that Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs just ignored the Scottish Pep when their jobs were available.

Probably could have stuck this in the terrible journalism thread since it was in The Sun tbf.

When he finally gets a job in Scotland, and he will eventually, the banter era is going to be top notch.

He's basically pulled the, 'Do you know who I am?!' shtick on all of Scottish football.

Also has an indirect pop at Neil Warnock when he laughably says his record is better than the managers Huddersfield appointed after him - just factually wrong.

Aberdeen has a duty to make him their next permanent manager and from now on he shall have his firm place right beside John Hughes on all future polls so as not to do him a disservice.

We need a strong Mark Fotheringham in Scottish football.

Fotheringham has always been a big fud.

10 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

This guy always had the best agent in the world

This is what I always thought about him - he seemed to be endlessly on trial at pretty high level clubs, only for them all to bullet him.  Going by his Wikipedia page he had been on trial at Leeds Utd, Rangers, Espaynol, Derby County, Sheffield United (twice), Wolves, Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg, all of whom were top tier or second tier sides in major leagues.  All of them rejected him and he would end up signing for Livingston, Cowdenbeath or some Cypriot team.

Mark Fotheringham absolutely screams of being cut from the same cloth as Derek Adams. Would have an interview after a match in which he was scudded then go on to tell us his Huddersfield team was a million times better than whatever team had the misfortune of him being in charge. 

• 3 weeks later...

Time for Aberdeen to do the decent thing since Fotheringham has issued another rallying call as of 2 days ago. He's clearly in the hunt for the job. Go on Dave Cormack.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-fotheringham-declares-celtic-rangers-32293139

'I would really love to put the cat among the pigeons with the Old Firm in the future, and I believe I’m the man to do it. I feel it is more doable now. If I do get one of the bigger jobs in Scotland, then you’ll see someone who is passionate in his belief that you CAN cause Celtic and Rangers problems. I took myself out of my comfort zone as a coach so that, if I ever did come back to work in Scotland, I would approach the challenge with a different perspective to those who have worked here for the past 10 years...I don’t see myself as a risk – the CV is there and there is substance to it.'

He even has yet another pop at Neil Warnock:

'I could have been disappointed by the Huddersfield situation, having an owner that pulled the carpet from under my feet. They are another three managers down since I left, with another £7m or £8m down the drain. And the managers that followed me had almost half a million more on wages that I was given. That equates to three or four key players. I’ve got no doubt I would have kept them in the league. I was averaging more than a point a game and, when analysing performances, we were up on possession, recoveries, counters; everything. That was without any investment to bring in my own players and put my own stamp on it.'

Interestingly - Warnock says in his last RedTV interview that the new manager could be able to take on the OF and goes one further to say, and I quote, 'They're advanced with the 'odd' one'.

Do it.

Do It Act GIF by Global Citizen

Funny how you so rarely hear the actually decent managers talking about how good they are as managers, yet the likes of Alan Stubbs, Lee Johnson and whoever this c**t is won't seem to shut up about it.