That was laughable from start to finish. Reminded me of the Brechin game in the league cup. 

Couldn’t string passes together, nothing sticking up front, not winning 2nd balls, I could go on. There was just nothing about them at all, not even a bit of fight which is bizarre after a win. 

Also thought Young through the middle with rennie wide didn’t work at all and should’ve been changed long before it was. 

We deserve everything that’s coming, and the board every bit of criticism that’ll go with it. 

Only one team showed up with a plan and they executed it perfectly.

First half was eye-bleeding but I was probably happy enough. Hardly battering down the door but the only team that looked like scoring. Forced one good and one absolutely excellent save from McCallum.

Forfar scoring when they did killed any sense of belief we had and, with it, the game. We should have pulled it back to 1-1 on one of the rare occasions we didn't just immediately shell the ball in the direction we were facing. Unfortunately, a tremendous sliding challenge by the Forfar defender and poor miss from Rennie from the resulting corner meant we didn't. Really tidy finish from McLean to end the game.

Three thoughts. Firstly, I don't wish to take away from a thoroughly deserved win for Forfar, but I do feel we were refereed to a different standard. Summed up by the Forfar attacker giving away a foul and kicking the ball away, nothing doing, then the ref books McCall for pointing it out. Had no bearing on the outcome of the game, just had to get that off my chest.

Second, Alex King was appalling and had completely chucked it by the end of the game. Just kicking the ball wherever as soon as it came to him. Couldn't beat the first man from consecutive corners. Woeful.

Third, that's the third 9th vs 10th "Cup Final" we've meekly bottled. I hate to say it but I think we're done. All the evidence points to this team choking come the play-off.

1 minute ago, SLClyde said:

Also thought Young through the middle with rennie wide didn’t work at all and should’ve been changed long before it was. 

That was just bizarre, Young is clearly more mobile than Rennie at this point & Rennie is closer to what you'd call an old fashioned CF. 

Leslie looks like there's a footballer there until he does something mental like turn around and run straight into 2 opposition players.

Should brechin bottle it again, please beat the chicken man...

3 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Did Brechin not get their bottling out the way early this year by losing to Buckie on Saturday?

54 minutes ago, Replays said:

Conceding to a team who haven’t tried to attack is something we’ve seen far too often this season.

I'd like to see your workings on this.

I think every team in the league this season have attacked Clyde and come away with a comfy three points.

That's close to being worse than the Elgin debacle (at least we scored in that one).  Towards the end it felt like more than King had chucked it, most of the midfield decided simply not to bother latterly (there was one moment when I think it might have been Morrison had the freedom of Hamilton to run at our defence with most of our lads going 'no, no after you, kind sir, take your time'. 

I get the Young substitution but at times Leslie felt a downgrade - Young has a bit of strength about him and attempted to hold the ball up, Leslie either ran into dead ends or was easy muscled out of it.

While we're not out of it yet, it's looking ever more likely we'll be contesting the play-off, bar a major miracle.  It doesn't help when in the 'must win' games against the teams around us, we've failed miserably.

Still puzzled as to why McGinn wasn't on from the start with King further forward, seems bizarre that a natural left-back was left back on the bench...

That referee was probably the worst I’ve ever seen. There was no need to go to his cards as quickly as he did, moving free kicks after letting Forfar take a free kick for offside about 10 yards further forward than it was. 

Allowing the blatant time wasting even in the first half, players running away with the ball after giving away fouls as well. 

None of the above is a criticism of Forfar btw, so what you need to do to win a game, but for me a referee has to be more on top of that sort of thing whereas he’s came away looking like a diddy. 

29 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

That was just bizarre, Young is clearly more mobile than Rennie at this point & Rennie is closer to what you'd call an old fashioned CF. 

Leslie looks like there's a footballer there until he does something mental like turn around and run straight into 2 opposition players.

EK the new Gretna, souless hellhole who will bring nothing but Killie pies to the league

18 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

That referee was probably the worst I’ve ever seen. There was no need to go to his cards as quickly as he did, moving free kicks after letting Forfar take a free kick for offside about 10 yards further forward than it was. 

Allowing the blatant time wasting even in the first half, players running away with the ball after giving away fouls as well. 

None of the above is a criticism of Forfar btw, so what you need to do to win a game, but for me a referee has to be more on top of that sort of thing whereas he’s came away looking like a diddy. 

Goals win games. I’m amazed the same set of officials let Clyde steal 6 to 8 yards every throw in. 

An absolutely gutless, chicken shit performance with several players clearly not giving a f**k by the end. This is becoming a habit in big games that we just shite it and why we will no doubt be in the lowland league next season.

If you were more raging at someone calling the players out for being a shower of c***s than you were about the product on the field and state of the club then it says a lot. Pathetic little happy clapping snakes wanting us to quietly slink off to oblivion without making a fuss.

At least we’ll get to see Clyde back at broadwood soon enough (as the away team).

f**k Jim Duffy and Gordon Thomson!

Edited by Clyde01