Looking forward to this one. Injuries to Howie, Kabia and Jordan Allan serving his suspension will be a blow for us but if we can play like we did on sat I think we might be able to sneak a win. I’d have Connor Young, dunachie and Leitch all In for them.

Forfar are unbeaten in 4 games so will be a tough game. Lose and it’s the playoffs. If we win it narrows it down to a 5 point gap. Hopefully Saturday was the turning point where we can start picking up a few wins!

Edited by MonTheClyde_MonTheBullyWee

McCall seemed to think in his post-match Howie might have a chance which would be a boost for us. Still relatively seething at Allan’s red card as it was probably his best overall game for us on Saturday despite not scoring. I’d have Leitch on from the start too.

If Howie is out I’d stick with Grant at the back actually, I thought he did ok when he came on, especially with the Rolls Royce Hamilton next to him. Please not Sula, total bombscare.  Leitch of course has to start and what ever we do it has to be two up top, end of the day we have to go for this, last chance saloon to get closer and actually put pressure on.

Our home record under McCall would actually be okay for a side not in our current predicament. Particularly if you discount his first game vs East Fife which was basically an exercise to see the order in which Duffy's jobbers would be bombed out the club. Just one loss otherwise, by 1 goal vs Stenny. 2 wins from 3 since the new players began arriving and could easily have been 3 from 3 had we either taken our chances against Peterhead or the referee decided the contact on Scullion leading to his handball for the penalty actually should have been a free kick our way.

Few important players missing for this but Dunachie (at centre half), Leitch and Young are all decent options to be bringing in. I think we'll field a good side but my concern is the lack of options to change things up front if Plan A doesn't work in Allan's absence.

My heart says Clyde win. Head could see it go either way. Regardless, mon the Bully Wee!

After having a wee think (read: I forgot Logan Dunachie existed) I'd probably go for the following tomorrow evening if I were McCall:

- Kinnear -

- Cuddihy - Hamilton - Dunachie - McGinn -

- Ballantyne - Grant -

- Rennie - Leitch - King -

- Young -

I am however, not Ian McCall, and the man likes a curveball so I'm expecting at least one bizarre inclusion. I thought McGinn looked good against Peterhead, so I'm not sure why he's being left out. It was the first time in a long time I've seen us play a full-back and thought 'ah, that's right, those are the things a full-back is supposed to do'. King looked *fine* because we're used to absolute muck or decent players playing out of position at full-back. Up top, I'd be tempted to go for Rennie as a 9 but he done very well on Saturday where he appeared to start out right and move around that attacking midfield three fairly fluidly. Connor Young is also a bit more of a centre forward than he is in terms of hassling defenders. Leitch should start too. He looked very good when he finally came on on Saturday. Again, I'm not sure why he isn't starting.

We are more than capable of beating Forfar at home. A fairly long journey on a Tuesday night for the Forfar lads that aren't based centrally should hopefully add to things for us. A win puts us 5 behind both Forfar and Stranraer (although Stranraer have a game in hand). This Saturday coming we have a much more difficult game against Stenny but a win tomorrow takes us to the weekend on decent form as Stenny seem to be having a mild wobble, whilst Stranraer, Forfar and Elgin are all away to Dumbarton, East Fife and Peterhead respectively.

After this weekend, we'll have a much clearer view of how things will pan out come the seasons end.

Our pea-hearted bunch will turn up primed to sit in and shithouse their way to a 0-0 draw.

At 71 minutes when Clyde go 2-0 up we will decide to have a go, get one back but fail to muster another shot on target.

McKinnon will take positives from the game.

1 hour ago, macclyde+ said:

Is Allan definitely out for this one  ?

My understanding was only an immediate suspension for straight red (e.g. violent conduct). 

Could be wrong though.

Definitely out of this one, think that rule applies when it’s a suspension through number of yellow cards. 

19 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Our pea-hearted bunch will turn up primed to sit in and shithouse their way to a 0-0 draw.

At 71 minutes when Clyde go 2-0 up we will decide to have a go, get one back but fail to muster another shot on target.

McKinnon will take positives from the game.

Sounds about right.

24 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Can see it being quite a frustrating evening, we’ll need to be patient I think. For all they’ve not had a great season, McKinnon is shrewd and they don’t need to win as much as we do.  

McKinnon could lose & still think we won.

7 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Can see it being quite a frustrating evening, we’ll need to be patient I think. For all they’ve not had a great season, McKinnon is clueless and they don’t need to win as much as we do.