St Mirren V St Johnstone 24th February

Thought Mandron was great today aswell. He copped a fair bit of stick for that penalty last week and you’d expect his confidence to take a hit. I thought Robbo might go with Ayunga today as a result, I’m glad he didn’t. 
Mika was great, he effectively scored both goals - although he won’t be credited with the first - and led the line superbly all day. A proper number nine performance, start him every week. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A shame Sidibeh ruins this.

Screenshot_20240224_174450_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7016ef3243d5b6a01346d8ae4bf12d87.jpg

On Sidibeh.

There looks like there might be something there with him but he's fucking wild. He's the sort of player who will absolutely pick up 2 or 3 reds a season for ploughing into mental tackles he had no chance of winning or leaving a late boot in but he's an absolute handful.

His dive was cringeworthy though.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Thought Mandron was great today aswell. He copped a fair bit of stick for that penalty last week and you’d expect his confidence to take a hit. I thought Robbo might go with Ayunga today as a result, I’m glad he didn’t. 
Mika was great, he effectively scored both goals - although he won’t be credited with the first - and led the line superbly all day. A proper number nine performance, start him every week. 

Mandron's overall performance last week at Livi was absolutely fine. His finishing was abysmal though.

Our strongest XI is undoubtedly with him leading the line and he's proven that in the last month.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

On Sidibeh.

There looks like there might be something there with him but he's fucking wild. He's the sort of player who will absolutely pick up 2 or 3 reds a season for ploughing into mental tackles he had no chance of winning or leaving a late boot in but he's an absolute handful.

His dive was cringeworthy though.

Hes come up from the English depths (think 7th tier from memory) and is clearly desperate to impress, which i think leads to a lot of rash stuff.

I think theres a lot to gain from having him, but thats dependent on us not obliterating his confidence like we've done every other striker in the past few years.

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Taking a short corner and trying to work a different angle when it's seconds before half time is another that just stinks. Terrible decision making. 

It has to go into the box. 

Was howling at this to be fair. Time was well up, ref lets you take the corner when he probably shouldn't, and they do that. I can understand why so many St Johnstone fans didn't fancy it today, such utterly brainless stuff.

St Johnstone similar to Livi I’d say, little redeeming features about their play and team. Worryingly for them though it looks like Livi might be able to muster up a couple of meaningful attacks in game.

Kwon robbed by the ref and whatever idiot in the VAR booth. Mandron got the Curtis Main treatment from the ref today, was getting manhandled every header and got very little all game. It was mostly against Liam Gordon who gave us a timely reminder of how rotten he is. A modern day John Potter.

Edited by buddie06smfc

Controlled from start to finish and probably the easiest game we’ll have between now and the end of the season. 

Liam Gordon should chuck football, guys an absolute diddy.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes come up from the English depths (think 7th tier from memory) and is clearly desperate to impress, which i think leads to a lot of rash stuff.

I think theres a lot to gain from having him, but thats dependent on us not obliterating his confidence like we've done every other striker in the past few years.

I honestly thought he was ok today, considering the thankless task he had. Certainly gave Gogic a few scares and didn't get bullied. Thought Phillips and Considine were ok as well, but the setup is so negative, they didn't really look like there was a plan and it led to a lot of mistakes.

Thought we were ok, Mandron did well and was good to see after last week. Kiltie, Boyd Munce and Kwon are pretty much always decent to great these days, and defensively we were rarely troubled. Needed that after last week, but St Johnstone didn't half make life easy at times.

43 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

St Johnstone similar to Livi I’d say, little redeeming features about their play and team. Worryingly for them though it looks like Livi might be able to muster up a couple of meaningful attacks in game.

Kwon robbed by the ref and whatever idiot in the VAR booth. Mandron got the Curtis Main treatment from the ref today, was getting manhandled every header and got very little all game. It was mostly against Liam Gordon who gave us a timely reminder of how rotten he is. A modern day John Potter.

Can i surprise you and tell you Dallas was the fanny VAR man today  🤔

BBC stats saying no Fakes players touched the ball in our pen box in the 1st half  😂

That must have been about the easiest win we will have all season. 

From my seat in the west stand I couldn’t work out why that rabid *** Andrew Dallas, on the VAR decks decided to rule out the goal by Kwon. Can anyone confirm if tv were able to prove there was a foul in the build up ? It looked like a great tackle when he won the ball.

Once again we had to put up with sub standard clueless match official's, who along with VAR are ruining the game. 

To the game, that was the easiest 3 points since the 4-0 pumping of the fakes earlier in the season.

They look to be in serious soapy bubble. 

6 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

From my seat in the west stand I couldn’t work out why that rabid *** Andrew Dallas, on the VAR decks decided to rule out the goal by Kwon. Can anyone confirm if tv were able to prove there was a foul in the build up ? It looked like a great tackle when he won the ball.

He barged Smith with his elbow and never touched the ball.

It was soft as f**k but in slow motion and them zooming in it looked worse.

Edited by RandomGuy.

We'll never get 2 easier wins against StJohnstone in a season ever again. That result in Perth is a real boot in the nuts, as was that result against Livi last week.

Not rubbing it into StJohnstone fans, they are saying themselves how terrible they are. Not sure if I'd fancy their chances against United, Raith or Morton in the play offs over 2 legs. No heart, not much fight, not much quality. The Levein appointment is now panning out how most thought it would, yet they are as close to Dundee as they are to Livi points wise.

Another dominant performance today which was similar to last week's. Thankfully today we got the rewards that our performance merited. 

A massive week coming up with County and Aberdeen to play.

Hope Sidibeh makes a speedy recovery. 

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He barged Smith with his elbow and never touched the ball.

It was soft as f**k but in slow motion and them zooming in it looked worse.

We need Ra Sellic fans to join all the dots and make it a conspiracy 👍🏻

22 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Not sure if I'd fancy their chances against United, Raith or Morton in the play offs over 2 legs. No heart, not much fight, not much quality.

Yeah its now a major worry for me, and its been creeping in the more i see of a Levein team and who he picks. 

If Phillips picks up (yet another) injury then theres every chance we got into an away game v a fired up Championship side with a midfield of Matt Smith, Carey, and Kucheriavyi, which is about as soft a midfield as anyone in the country would play. Letting Chris Kane go, and freezing Stevie May out, just feels like trying to make a point and slicing off half your face in the process to me, but hey ho.

A squad full of gutless, soft, passengers, with nobody good enough to drive. We absolutely fucking stink of relegation.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah its now a major worry for me, and its been creeping in the more i see of a Levein team and who he picks. 

If Phillips picks up (yet another) injury then theres every chance we got into an away game v a fired up Championship side with a midfield of Matt Smith, Carey, and Kucheriavyi, which is about as soft a midfield as anyone in the country would play. Letting Chris Kane go, and freezing Stevie May out, just feels like trying to make a point and slicing off half your face in the process to me, but hey ho.

A squad full of gutless, soft, passengers, with nobody good enough to drive. We absolutely fucking stink of relegation.

Morton would give me the major fear (just as Arbroath would’ve) as they’d just batter f**k out of us.