Killie v Aberdeen, 24/02/2024

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Wow, that's me told.

I could only watch the first half but I thought Killie were plum. That out in to perspective how poor we were.

Nah they are good. It’s just very, very organised yet effective football. Begins from the back, as do our atrocious performances. 

A clearly functioning defensive unit with enough quality in wide areas and up top to create. 

6 minutes ago, Fide said:

If plum means "good" in Aberdeen then yes, yes we were. 

If you think that first half was a good performance then crack on. It was effective though.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Nah they are good. It’s just very, very organised yet effective football. Begins from the back, as do our atrocious performances. 

A clearly functioning defensive unit with enough quality in wide areas and up top to create. 

I didn't say they aren't good. Teams are where they belong on merit at this stage.

It was hoof, fall, set up for attacking set piece. It was familiar.

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

If you think that first half was a good performance then crack on. It was effective though.

We were in complete control for the entire match. I'm afraid you'll just have to suck it up, buttercup. 

7 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I didn't say they aren't good. Teams are where they belong on merit at this stage.

It was hoof, fall, set up for attacking set piece. It was familiar.

Sorry, but I’d give a lot to see us solid and effective for any length of time. 

6 minutes ago, Fide said:

We were in complete control for the entire match. I'm afraid you'll just have to suck it up, buttercup. 

As I said, it was a hoof, forward player goes down under minimal contact or force the opposing player to play it out. That's how McInnes tries to control a game.

It's effective but it's dreary stuff. If you enjoy watching that every week then that's fine.

That is by far the worst Aberdeen team I have had the pleasure to witness. They are totally soft and spineless at the back with nothing in midfield. The supposed best striker in the country did nothing , (although the service he got was pathetic) was kept quiet by a flawless performance by bid Stu who was magnificent today.

Great team performance by Killie in their easiest game of the season, but jeezzus, are the Dons in a mess.

Not impressed by Warnock either, all he did was moan at the 4th official and didn’t have it in him to make any significant game changes.

Should have been much more comfortable than 2-0. We’ve hit the post; had a header cleared off the line and missed 2 or 3 good chances. 

Some great performances throughout the team. Findlay a rock; Matty “not good enough for Dons” Kennedy ruled the wing, and Polworth and Donnelly steamrolled over a soggy sheep midfield.

Am I misremembering here- did the Dons fans join in with our chant “you’re fucking shite…”?

Lol moment when Aberdeen fans gave an ironic cheer (their only one of the day) when Roos claimed a cross without punching it.

Nearly 1000 Dons fans paying to watch that. Fair play you bunch of masochists. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

with nothing in midfield. 

It might help Aberdeen if Shinnie concentrated on doing his job instead of trying to referee the match. He's a moaning faced cnut.

7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It might help Aberdeen if Shinnie concentrated on doing his job instead of trying to referee the match. He's a moaning faced cnut.

Pub bore talk. He’s done that his whole career, he’s just not what he was and surrounded by similar levels of shite. 

On 21/02/2024 at 12:01, DukDukGoose said:

That's simply not true.

What I will admit is that he was very quick to move dross on.

Another point to note. We definitely would not have signed Miovski, Duk and Ramadani. Ramsay wouldn't have broken through when he did (Logan has said McInnes had promised him he'd get a new deal and still have first choice). Barron would have been too small and MacKenzie would have been punted.

Both of those would probably have done you a favour, especially the latter.

4 hours ago, Fide said:

It always gives me the absolute fear when opposing fans on match day threads bemoan their team. 

Gonnae talk yourselves up, Dons? Staun free n all that. 

Have no fear.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

If shite like Matty Kennedy are scoring then turn the lights off.

Enjoy the bottom 6 chump.

Like others I only saw the first half and thought that Killie started well, but the second half of the first half was two poor teams, and for the second game in a row at Rugby Park Killie take the lead right at the end of the half. Sounds as if we never recovered from that goal and were totally shite on the second half. If Macdonald doesn't get a game from the start on Wednesday, he never will.

On 23/02/2024 at 13:52, Dons_1988 said:

I think 6th is our absolute ceiling to be honest. Kilmarnock are better than us just now, I don’t think that’s even debatable. There’s nothing to suggest we’re about to put together the consistency required to finish above them. Even in the unlikely event that we win tomorrow id hold the same view tbh. 

After witnessing the Killie's performance, relegation seems like a real possibility.

49 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

As I said, it was a hoof, forward player goes down under minimal contact or force the opposing player to play it out. That's how McInnes tries to control a game.

It's effective but it's dreary stuff. If you enjoy watching that every week then that's fine.

At least you're not bitter. That's the main thing.