Rangers FC vs Heart of Midlothian: Sat 24 Feb 2023 15:00 A date with destiny

You know that old adage that you wait ages for a bus and then two come along at once...

Well I'm assuming that beating the old firm in Glasgow works on a similiar basis  (and why wouldn't it) so I can't see anything other than a hearts win here

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Hearts are having a great run of form and have probably secured 3rd place, only 13 points off top place. Naismith will have them fired up for this and it should be a tight game.

2 - 1 and hopefully no moans about VAR.

Dessers to score a goal from 12 chances.

We clearly aren't favourites, but we've taken a point and were leading 1-0 in the 90th minute in our two trips to Ibrox under Naismith.  I think he understands how to approach it, just like he did at Celtic Park. Add that to our recent form and I'll be disappointed if we aren't at the very least competitive in this one.

I'd also add that while Ranegrs have improved from those games also, we've evolved into a far better team than we were at those points.

Edited by Tony Wonder

Tough match, this. Hearts have been powering along nicely for a while now. And while we have as well, I still don't think there's been that many good performances since the turn of the year, maybe with the exception of Hibs away and County at home.

This has a classic 'Tale of Two Strikers' vibe to it, with ours wasteful and inconsistent, and Hearts' clinical and confident. So aye, I think it'll be a very tight match. 

44 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

This will be settled by that scoring sensation tavernierpen via VAR.

I was having a wee wind up with a good Jambo pal earlier in the week and ended up having to back myself. We’ll see…

Spoiler

IMG_7842.png

18 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Any result other than a Hearts victory will be clear evidence of corruption and dark forces at work.

It would have been easier to type "Nick Walsh is the self appointed referee" ;) 

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I may be misremembering but was there not all sorts of disquiet about whether Naismith was up to the job in the early part of the season? And now he’s on some streak. What’s changed?

It was always going to take time to train the Robbie Neilson out of that lot, but he's getting there now and really improving some players who most of us thought were duds!