Worst striker partnerships

20 hours ago, Darren said:

Jamie Mole and Calum Elliot

Think that's harsh. Two young guys who were standouts at youth level hung out to dry. Elliot in particular had ability and was badly managed IMO.

Now, David Witteveen and an overweight, uninterested Christian Nade. There was a strike force.

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Think that's harsh. Two young guys who were standouts at youth level hung out to dry. Elliot in particular had ability and was badly managed IMO.

Now, David Witteveen and an overweight, uninterested Christian Nade. There was a strike force.

They might have been treated harshly by the club, but me pointing out they were pish is more than fair.

Jamie Mole, we'll never know. But Calum Elliot's treatment at Hearts was disgraceful. He was a fantastic young player with a great attitude and the way he was fired off to Motherwell with zero support and seemingly zero plan for his career the following season was utter negligence.

He never recovered.

23 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Jamie Mole, we'll never know. But Calum Elliot's treatment at Hearts was disgraceful. He was a fantastic young player with a great attitude and the way he was fired off to Motherwell with zero support and seemingly zero plan for his career the following season was utter negligence.

He never recovered.

Thoughts and prayers. He had a purple patch and then a significantly longer pish patch.

Jamie Mole and Juho Makela must've been on the pitch together at some point; that would be up (down) there for me. 

Edited by SEETHING

I look back at myself and am ashamed that when I rocked up in Paisley at the start of the 2018/19 season, that I wasn’t immediately convinced we were doomed to relegation once I saw we were pairing Sofien Moussa and Jean Alassane Mendy up front. Just the stuff of nightmares looking back.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 21/02/2024 at 14:57, RussellV1 said:

Callum Ball & James Marwood with Ross Caldwell as backup in 14/15 

Remember as well that Thommo got injured pretty quickly that season some quality that was sorely lacking up top.

In the shape of Yoann Arquin

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I look back at myself and am ashamed that when I rocked up in Paisley at the start of the 2018/19 season, that I wasn’t immediately convinced we were doomed to relegation once I saw we were pairing Sofien Moussa and Jean Alassane Mendy up front. Just the stuff of nightmares looking back.

I remember standing outside the chippy in Auchterarder that evening (The Top Shop, fyi) and chatting to a few Dees on their way home.

By jiminy, they were glum.

7 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Stephane Bonnes and Andy Thompson. 

Andy Thomson once scored a hat-trick (or a double) against Dunfermline I'm sure (during their Calderwood era when they were a great watch) so this seems harsh to me. 

From the 2014/15 season alone, we had:

James Marwood & Callum Ball
Ross Caldwell & Callum Ball
Thomas Reilly & Callum Ball
Yoann Arquin & Kieran Sadlier (admittedly better than the rest)
Yoann Arquin & Alan Gow

David Clarkson and Ryan Hardie was briefly hard to watch in the Championship but probably only lasted a couple of games before Hardie got his dream move (recalled by Rangers).