Dundee Utd 🟠⚫ v Queen's Park ⚫⚪ - 24th Feb '24

Second visit to Tannadice. Queen's continue their quest for mid table security while United will be looking to bounce back from last week's disappointment.

Another tough test. Will this be a backs to the wall performance or could Davidson out-smart Goodwin and take something from this. Against top of the table would take a draw but Goodwin appears to be coming under fire from some of his own fanbase - away win 🕸️🕷️.

Edited by mcjameos

• mcjameos changed the title to Dundee Utd 🟠⚫ v Queen's Park ⚫⚪ - 24th Feb '24

Having missed the game earlier in the season, this will be my first trip to tannadice. Travelling in hope more than expectation, although we have tightened up significantly. Saturday v Morton was a bit of a wake up call that we are not out of the woods yet and have much work to do. 

Have to attend on the basis that I need to tick this ground off the list and I fully expect them to get promoted and it could be some time before we are back there.

A sneaky point would make the £25 almost bearable.

21 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

What's the deal with Ross Docherty, is he injured again?

I don't necessarily expect us to get a result here, but I definitely think it's a possibility. 

Looks like it. He was missing from the squad on Friday indicating he's probably picked up another knock. We're such a different team without him so in the midfield area, we're certainly weaker. 

I hope Goodwin goes for Tilson in Midfield to allow Sibbald and Wetherspoon to go forward

21 minutes ago, RobertoGregio said:

Looks like it. He was missing from the squad on Friday indicating he's probably picked up another knock. We're such a different team without him so in the midfield area, we're certainly weaker. 

I hope Goodwin goes for Tilson in Midfield to allow Sibbald and Wetherspoon to go forward

You've got a pub in midfield? 

A real difficult one for us. United have something to prove after last week's result and we will be looking to continue our recent good run. It'spossibl;e for the Spiders to get a result here but United are not at the top by luck.  

It's a tough outing for us and a win would be exceptional but I'll take a draw.

Not a game we’re expected to get anything from, but hopeful we can cause a few more problems at least. A result isn’t impossible, but got to take a huge inhalation of realism as well. 

5 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Disappointing today; we really didn't threaten much.

Move on.

We were not set up to threaten. Not unexpected result which makes next Tuesday's game crucial if it wasn't already. What has happened to Crole. He is not getting a mention. Personally I would have kept Tizzard in.

3-1 a flattering scoreline for Queens, only a first howler from Walton in his professional career gifted them a goal.

Thomson was fine at RB but not the answer.

The booing Glenn Middleton got when he came on was actually mental, glad he shut pusses with a well taken goal.

I'm not dissapointed with that, we made a game of it. Played some good football and pushed for an equaliser, but left ourself open for a third. Good strike by Middleton.

Our delivery from dead balls is consistently awful, and cost us a goal today.