Dundee Utd 🟠⚫ v Queen's Park ⚫⚪ - 24th Feb '24

39 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

3-1 a flattering scoreline for Queens, only a first howler from Walton in his professional career gifted them a goal.

Thomson was fine at RB but not the answer.

The booing Glenn Middleton got when he came on was actually mental, glad he shut pusses with a well taken goal.

The booing was for taking cudjoe off not Glenn coming on

We were routing for you lads but scored too early, need to save it for the 90th minute next time.  Certainly no disgrace losing to top of the league away.  Queens Park have certainly improved recent weeks. Where’s all the Arabs? Very quiet thread. 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

3-1 a flattering scoreline for Queens, only a first howler from Walton in his professional career gifted them a goal.

The booing Glenn Middleton got when he came on was actually mental, glad he shut pusses with a well taken goal.

Agree with the chap suggesting that it was for Cudjoe going off rather than Middleton coming on but it was unnecessary.  

On the positives, cracking freekick from Moult, Gallagher back in imperious form and a nice shake up of the squad. Thought Thomson did well and looks very promising.  Not sure he'll end up as a full back but he didn't look out of place, which is pretty impressive for a guy making his first start at that age and in a new position. His corners were excellent. 

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Agree with the chap suggesting that it was for Cudjoe going off rather than Middleton coming on but it was unnecessary.  

On the positives, cracking freekick from Moult, Gallagher back in imperious form and a nice shake up of the squad. Thought Thomson did well and looks very promising.  Not sure he'll end up as a full back but he didn't look out of place, which is pretty impressive for a guy making his first start at that age and in a new position. His corners were excellent. 

I thought it was Cuj going off too

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

The booing was surely for Cudjoe being subbed?

United can punish teams in a way that other sides can’t. Can’t hit a better free kick than the equaliser. Our application was absolutely fine. Felt we could actually get something even when they scored, whereas it felt like the game was over as soon as they scored on our last visit. 

3 hours ago, an86 said:

United can punish teams in a way that other sides can’t. Can’t hit a better free kick than the equaliser. Our application was absolutely fine. Felt we could actually get something even when they scored, whereas it felt like the game was over as soon as they scored on our last visit. 

Thought Queens looked more like the adventurous exciting team that came to Tannadice (and got cuffed 4-1) than the no-fun dirge merchants that ground. out a 0-0 at Xmas. 

Edited by adamntg

9 hours ago, adamntg said:

Thought Queens looked more like the adventurous exciting team that came to Tannadice (and got cuffed 4-1) than the no-fun dirge merchants that ground. out a 0-0 at Xmas. 

Well, certainly after they went behind. Which is probably the reason rather than any conscious change of approach.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Agree, but it took two teams to create that no-fun dirge.

True, but only one of those set out to create a no-fun dirge.  The other were just incapable of changing it. 

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

True, but only one of those set out to create a no-fun dirge.  The other were just incapable of changing it. 

So what you're saying is that you like it when opposition teams play in a way that enables your team to beat them, as opposed to playing in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to beat them. It's radical, but I think I might just agree with you.

12 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

So what you're saying is that you like it when opposition teams play in a way that enables your team to beat them, as opposed to playing in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to beat them. It's radical, but I think I might just agree with you.

No, that’s what you’re saying I’m saying.  I’m saying that game at Hampden at Christmas was a turgid game to watch with very little in the way of entertainment, that’s the top and the bottom of it.  No further opinion offered. 

51 minutes ago, adamntg said:

No, that’s what you’re saying I’m saying.  I’m saying that game at Hampden at Christmas was a turgid game to watch with very little in the way of entertainment, that’s the top and the bottom of it.  No further opinion offered. 

It was a wee joke mate. Christ this place is depressing.