Peterhead v Elgin City (24/02/2024)

Our shortest journey of the season tomorrow as we make our way to the Shire. Sadly can’t make this one but I’m sure considering recent form and the shorter than usual journey should bring a healthy away crowd.

Peterhead haven’t quite been as strong as they were when they thumped us back in September and we’ve massively improved since then so I’m expecting a much closer game here - can have no complacency though - just look at Forfar last week!

Team-wise, no idea if Ross Draper will be back or if Connall Ewan will return to the starting XI, but outside of that the only change I’d make from last week is replacing Michael Dangana with Mitchell Taylor. 

Hopefully a great away day for those who can make it!

Edited by CrispyMelon

1 minute ago, strichener said:

We gave them 3 at their place to help them out earlier in the season.  We would rather keep them this time thanks.

Continue with your generosity, please...

Disappointed I can't make this. Now we've finally ended our winless streak (in the league) v Peterhead I give us a good chance of taking something here. I agree with the suggested lineup. Draper has been excellent recently but Ewan was extremely unlucky to be dropped and should slot back in just fine if required.

I bumped into David Wilson a few weeks ago. I (slightly drunkenly) told him we were gonna pump them tomorrow so don't let me down please Elgin.

Elgin turning into a decent side has put an end to our guaranteed 12 points a season and I’m expecting a tough game today.

Especially considering we’re struggling at centre half with Brown and Ross out and Ryan Strachan a doubt after hobbling off on Tuesday. Meaning we could see Goldie being shifted in one, not his natural position. Him and Davie did pretty well in there in midweek but I reckon they’ll have more to deal with today than they did against Bonnyrigg.

Always look forward to these fixtures and hopefully there will be a decent crowd and atmosphere.

Too many draws of late so would be good to get a solid home win and start generating a bit of momentum again.

Edited by bluetoonscotty

We love a good draw at the moment, eh!

Second half in particular was a dire watch from us. Been really disappointed with Pawlett especially, he provides nothing for me I’m afraid. I really can’t understand why Robert Ward has stayed on the bench again there. Anytime he’s come on he gives us a bit of energy and pace which is exactly what we needed late on there.

The league was long gone a while ago but with Stenny dropping points over the last few weeks it would’ve been nice to put on a tiny bit of pressure. 4 points from those last 4 fixtures isn’t good enough.

A great point for Elgin. Our record at Peterhead is pretty grim so really positive that we came away with something. The bottom half of the league is starting to look very jeopardous, and a run of games without points could be very costly for a few teams. We look in good shape to keep getting a few good results so hopefully we will not be the team that is looking anxiously at 10th place.

Another decent performance and point for us. Peterhead started really well and when they scored I thought here we go! It’s a different Elgin now though and from then they were the better team and a point was the least they deserved. Great goal from Golding who was probably MOM, great save from McHale second half which should not be forgotten. All however played their part and put in good shifts.