Hearts v Hibs

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, it just seems odd that this article appeared in the press a whole week after the AGM in the hours before the Hearts game where they no doubt anticipated crowd issues.

The AGM was Tuesday.....................

Clear pens for me. Both. Miller takes Forrest out then Fish literall barges Vargas out of the way with his arse. Of course Vargas is gonna make a meal out of it but if Fish doesnt arse him away from the ball, ref books Vargas for diving. Dry yer eyes.

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

Clear pens for me. Both. Miller takes Forrest out then Fish literall barges Vargas out of the way with his arse. Of course Vargas is gonna make a meal out of it but if Fish doesnt arse him away from the ball, ref books Vargas for diving. Dry yer eyes.

It’s not a penalty for me. Players come together and the contact isn’t enough to impede Vargas to the extent he goes down

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

If it was Boyle flinging himself down like Vargas, who also has previous, you’d be foaming at the mouth calling him a cheat. Neither are close to penalties just like Boyle vs Celtc wasn’t one either. 

12 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Hibs' neds now bombarding their own goalie with detritus.

Mind when Lennon was poleaxed by a ten pence to the padded jacket? I fully expect to see a level of enquiry and outrage in the press today to match that...

Oh wait... 

I don't think it's a penalty, but it's horrendous from Fish. Completely switches off. Almost half-time in a derby, one up, just do your job and clear your lines.

While I disagree with the penalty, Hibs cut about making terrible defensive errors all the time. This is another one that was punished and cost them points.

Shame.

Feathers McGraw can bang on about refereeing decisions costing them points repeatedly, but Hibs have conceded 43 goals in 27 games. That's why they're in the bottom six. And last night it's poor defending that cost them again.

Edited by VincentGuerin

7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't think it's a penalty, but it's horrendous from Fish. Completely switches off. Almost half-time in a derby, one up, just do your job and clear your lines.

While I disagree with the penalty, Hibs cut about making terrible defensive errors all the time. This is another one that was punished and cost them points.

Shame.

Feathers McGraw can bang on about refereeing decisions costing them points repeatedly, but Hibs have conceded 43 goals in 27 games. That's why they're in the bottom six. And last night it's poor defending that cost them again.

Defensive error or not, it appears we would be in agreement that it shouldn't have been punished by the award of a penalty. It sounds as though you are excusing the penalty award just because Hibs may have defended poorly in the build up to it.

36 minutes ago, AJF said:

Defensive error or not, it appears we would be in agreement that it shouldn't have been punished by the award of a penalty. It sounds as though you are excusing the penalty award just because Hibs may have defended poorly in the build up to it.

I'm not. I've repeatedly said it's not a penalty.

But referees are not the only factor in a match.

The penalty doesn't happen if Fish does his job. Hibs have defended poorly all season, and this is another example of it. I don't mind people highlighting errors, but I think there's a lack of balance.

This kind of shite is why we got VAR. Coaches and players should acknowledge that it's not all the referee's fault. If Fish clears his lines, Hibs maybe win the game. He opened the door to the problem by defending poorly. I'd imagine that will have been noted behind closed doors, but simply moaning about the decision in public is pure PR and is what has led to ruining the game.

Fish has sold a goal at Tynecastle with ridiculous errors in successive seasons now. Hibs lost the last derby because Bushiri didn't do his job and clear his lines in injury time. But it's all the ref's fault, poor Hibs.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm not. I've repeatedly said it's not a penalty.

But referees are not the only factor in a match.

The penalty doesn't happen if Fish does his job. Hibs have defended poorly all season, and this is another example of it. I don't mind people highlighting errors, but I think there's a lack of balance.

This kind of shite is why we got VAR. Coaches and players should acknowledge that it's not all the referee's fault. If Fish clears his lines, Hibs maybe win the game. He opened the door to the problem by defending poorly. I'd imagine that will have been noted behind closed doors, but simply moaning about the decision in public is pure PR and is what has led to ruining the game.

We all know Fish has a Heart of Lothian! 🎶

It would have been interesting to see how the rest of the game played out without the penalty. Hibs were the better team over the 90 but seemed to surrender the initiative completely after going in front and just about all of the game between the two goals was played in their half. The equaliser seemed to wake them up again.

1 minute ago, Tommy Tappin said:

It's certainly true that our Fan:Fanny ratio has been on the rise but it's almost completely the ultras who supply the ultra fannies. 

Last night it seemed that we had our fannies well spread out all over the first 15 rows of the stand. 

Both sides' ultras looked pretty honking. 

I'm guessing both were the ones lobbing stuff!?

6 minutes ago, Girth said:

Both sides' ultras looked pretty honking. 

I'm guessing both were the ones lobbing stuff!?

The Gorgie Ultras, very well behaved as far as I've seen, They sit behind the goals in the Gorgie Stand.

We also have section N lower which tends to attract more of the arsehole type of supporter. My guess is anything coming onto the pitch from the Hearts support will be from Section N.