Ross County v St. Mirren (Live on Sky, Tue 27th Feb 8pm k.o.)

Time to get Olusanya in the side more often. He offers more than some do. He divides our fans a bit but he is improving. 

VAR decision still sticks in my throat. We seem to be on the wrong end all the time. 

If that was the ugly sisters there would be outrage. 

Disappointed with the result as County really didnt lay a glove on us. Their best chance was a gifted goal. 

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Nah I don't buy the VAR bail out, Gogic made a mistake for their goal and was punished for it. That defender made a mistake in handling the ball, we may have missed the penalty (probably would have the way we were playing) but we should have had the opportunity to do so.

Its an absolute shocker of a decision regardless of how shite we were. All the VAR checks were done in rapid time, can you see the same happening in an old firm derby? It has just proved they don't give a toss about the rest of the league, every result has ramifications for several teams. 

Can't see Aitken being allowed to officiate in Paisley for a while now. Rant just about over, sorry 😋

To be fair to County they put a lot into the first half, pressed us all over the place and made it very difficult for us to get into a rhythm. They fell away in the 2nd half, probably due to fatigue and we got stronger the more the game went on. 

I don't care if Baccus is leaving in the summer, he has to start every game from now on for me. 

Olusanya, Ayunga and Scott all had an impact coming off the bench. Scott has to score that chance though, won't do his confidence any good.

We deserved a point, could have been 3. At least we got something from the game.

The fact it was on Sky Sports as well, you would have thought there would have been extra scrutiny around the check. For a penalty claim you surely need to have more than 5 seconds on it to look at the play. a few seconds before and after 'the incident', which in this case they focussed on a potential pull in the box. Had they looked at it for a 2-3 seconds beyond that, they would have seen the handball.

Huge part of our game that was missing was deliveries into the box from Tansner and dead ball deliveries into the box. Both were absolutely woeful. Neither right back could get a ball high enough into the box and Tanser couldn't get one decent cross in to anyone either.

A lot of the deadfall stuff landed on Boyd-Munce and he just wasn't at it either.

Saying all of that, to rescue a point late on after a frustrating night isn't an easy thing. We left our best chances of the game till the end and converted one of them.

Edited by smellthepaw

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I wasn’t being entirely serious, but if he’d just thumped it behind, County would be pretty much safe from automatic relegation and out of the play off position.  In the context of the game, it was inexcusable.  

I guess you can say that for a lot of goals though.

If Gogic had just punted the ball up the pitch instead of passing it to White?

I think Olusanya had a lot more to do to score from there than White did.

5 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Time to get Olusanya in the side more often. He offers more than some do. He divides our fans a bit but he is improving. 

VAR decision still sticks in my throat. We seem to be on the wrong end all the time. 

If that was the ugly sisters there would be outrage. 

Disappointed with the result as County really didnt lay a glove on us. Their best chance was a gifted goal. 

This is absolutely true. Especially with the outcome of the title in the balance this season. Imagine that happening, let’s say, at Fir Park on Sunday with the score 1-1 and into injury time (as that game indeed was). Ball goes into the Motherwell box, a Motherwell defender, one hand grabbing a Celtic player’s jersey, the other hand raised above his head, and handles the ball?

The actual fcuk sake - it would have been awarded on the field of play, would never even have needed VAR anyway. If it HAD went to VAR, it would have been poured over in multiple slow-motion, plus freeze frame, and absolutely, 100% guaranteed, been given. 

I’m not raging or angry that we scraped a late 1-1, we were shite and deserved no more, but the VAR non-decision is a scandal. For any team in that situation. That situation is what fcuking VAR is for. The useless kunts officiating in Scottish football. Utterly fcuking useless, and, when it comes to two certain teams and VAR, have hard-ons at the second layer of ability they now have to make sure the ‘honest mistakes’ go the way of two clubs.

Having said that, to re-iterate, we were pish. Could hardly string two passes together and just about deserved a point, given a better second half than County.

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Robbo’s ‘their pitch will be more conducive to good football’ comment turning into a cracker, eh.

When I heard that comment I was surprised as despite our pitch being the worst I’ve seen it at this time of year, I thought it wasn’t any worse than the other top flight teams.

So was expecting the County pitch to be pretty decent, but it was awful.  The pass that led to Fraser ballooning the ball back to Gogic before the goal was like skimming a stone across a choppy loch.

Think that may have been down to both teams playing hoof ball and struggling to put three passes together.

As strange as it sounds, I thought County really missed Loturi when he went off, that's the last two matches he seems to have thrived with the extra responsibility but his second half performance drops away drastically.

Efete on the right side of our defence was honking, with Brown & Baldwin back on the bench recently I can see a wee shuffle of the pack against Hibs.

Our midfield is drastically down to the bare bones though.

3 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

As strange as it sounds, I thought County really missed Loturi when he went off, that's the last two matches he seems to have thrived with the extra responsibility but his second half performance drops away drastically.

Efete on the right side of our defence was honking, with Brown & Baldwin back on the bench recently I can see a wee shuffle of the pack against Hibs.

Our midfield is drastically down to the bare bones though.

Agree, I was a bit puzzled when Loturi got hooked, that's the best I've seen him play and although he was tiring there did seem to be more likely candidates for substitution. I suspect that's the last of starting with a front 3 until the split. Going to need to bolster the midfield and stop being so narrow  - it's not really viable for 90 minutes.  However, it's given up 4 out of 6 points so it would be churlish to moan. On a huge positive, Cowie is certainly getting commitment and drive from the players.

20 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

Agree, I was a bit puzzled when Loturi got hooked, that's the best I've seen him play and although he was tiring there did seem to be more likely candidates for substitution. I suspect that's the last of starting with a front 3 until the split. Going to need to bolster the midfield and stop being so narrow  - it's not really viable for 90 minutes.  However, it's given up 4 out of 6 points so it would be churlish to moan. On a huge positive, Cowie is certainly getting commitment and drive from the players.

Other than Patrick at home and Motherwell away, I can’t think of commitment or drive ever being an issue.   Basic competence yes.  Confidence yes.  Effort no. 

I can’t get my head around Ayina’s defending for the equaliser. He has to be far longer with his initial clearance, and then I have no reason as to why he would hesitate to just clear his lines when the balls rolling towards his own goal. Woeful defending.

Just now, Matty-RCFC said:

I can’t get my head around Ayina’s defending for the equaliser. He has to be far longer with his initial clearance, and then I have no reason as to why he would hesitate to just clear his lines when the balls rolling towards his own goal. Woeful defending.

When you see the behind the goal replay, it looks like he relaxes as he expects Leak to head it clear.

He doesnt and then Ayina is caught on his heels and cant get control the situation again.

Dreadful performances from both teams.

We looked like a team of random guys who had met in the pub half an hour before K.O.

We took about three touches to control the ball and were slower than a week in jail going forward.

For all that we were the better team, bar the first 25 minutes or so.

I thought the only player in the starting XI who got pass marks was Hemming, simply because he had virtually nothing to do!

Both Baccus and Olusanya played well when they came on.

I was more annoyed with our abject performance that the tit on VAR missing the penalty.

I'm sort of resigned to VAR ruining the game in some way every time we play. Whether it's a dodgy decision or making us wait to celebrate a goal. It can GTF!

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Dreadful performances from both teams.

We looked like a team of random guys who had met in the pub half an hour before K.O.

We took about three touches to control the ball and were slower than a week in jail going forward.

For all that we were the better team, bar the first 25 minutes or so.

I thought the only player in the starting XI who got pass marks was Hemming, simply because he had virtually nothing to do!

Both Baccus and Olusanya played well when they came on.

I was more annoyed with our abject performance that the tit on VAR missing the penalty.

I'm sort of resigned to VAR ruining the game in some way every time we play. Whether it's a dodgy decision or making us wait to celebrate a goal. It can GTF!

Thought Hemming could have done better at the goal. He went to ground far to easily. No pass marks from me

Excellent work by Olusanya for our goal last night. He ought to have had no chance to be first to get to Baccus's header, but he gambled that the defender would ease up too early and it paid off for him. 

He has strength and pace and we've seen that he can be a menace for defenders. I hope we keep faith in him to feature for us for next season and possibly beyond.

Another thing about Toyosi I'm liking this season is he's finishing these one on ones. He's about the only striker we've had in ages I'd really back to score in that position.

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

Another thing about Toyosi I'm liking this season is he's finishing these one on ones. He's about the only striker we've had in ages I'd really back to score in that position.

Don’t disagree with the spirit of your post, but unless I’m forgetting something he’s scored 2 (Hibs and last night) and missed 1 (Aberdeen).

One of those typical runs of his did end up in a goal for Mandron too in the 4-0 game against St. Johnstone. 

48 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Don’t disagree with the spirit of your post, but unless I’m forgetting something he’s scored 2 (Hibs and last night) and missed 1 (Aberdeen).

One of those typical runs of his did end up in a goal for Mandron too in the 4-0 game against St. Johnstone. 

Scored into the raging cream bun recently too. Was given offside, at the time it was the worst officiating decision of the season against us, until last night.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Scored v Dundee when he broke from the halfway line