Stirling Albion Vs AC Hamilton

Thoughts and tactical formations for Tuesday night welcome. I don't have an opportunity to spy on the training before the game so flying blind on this one.

Does J Cooper deserve a start? Did Offord do enough? (final ball was poor). Grealish excellent on corners etc. McLean captain fantastic and all that but will say no more before Tuesday pm on tactics.

Accies results have been poor lately and some criticism over tactics from the fans. This will give us some hope of getting a result but we will need to replicate our second half performance from Saturday (albeit that was against 10 men).

We look threatening when we use the wide areas and less hoofball.

Hopefully McPake will recover from his knock. He could be a key player for us. Spence looked sluggish and Hilson proved a better option.

I’d take a point and increase the gap over Annan.

11 hours ago, SA45 said:

Thoughts and tactical formations for Tuesday night welcome. I don't have an opportunity to spy on the training before the game so flying blind on this one.

Does J Cooper deserve a start? Did Offord do enough? (final ball was poor). Grealish excellent on corners etc. McLean captain fantastic and all that but will say no more before Tuesday pm on tactics.

@SA45 Firstly praise to the lads for a clean sheet & 3 points earned, arresting the recent slump, I've been a critic of Cammy in the past but i thought he did ok coming back into the team, i know it was a below par ECFC team, but he did fine, same on the other side with Scouse, no issues, i think DY will keep the same back 4 with Capt Pabs & Jojo. . Jojo needs to stay switched on for the full 90+ minute's 

Leitchy was really good on Saturday, lot's of energy & great delivery 👌 👏 

Callum "Pirlo" Crane ran the show in middle of the park, as previously mentioned, prepared to fetch & carry, make good passes & not just for the sake of it, sat & dropped in when needed, MOM in my humble opinion just in front of Leitchy,

Offord was always willing, a bit starved of the ball, maybe a bit guilty of trying to hard, but that's not a bad thing, always willing to run with the ball, keeps the shape well, gives us something different, a must start IMO, on the other side McPake did ok (apart from his crazy corner when he cut it back to the edge of the box) WTF moment, took his goal well, went off injured, unsure of the extent, will wait for a fitness update.. if unable to start I'd think about Ewan Wilson, 

Up front Spenny although injured struggled, Hilson did well in 2nd half, so it will be the 2 Dale's upfront for me, same bench possibility with Jim from hospitality coming in for the injured Spence & Christine coming in for Lewis Milne as i think she's marginally better than Milne in the air & more solid in a tackle, therefore Milne can move to the pie stall in the away stand...

So lad's a bit more from Saturday, effort, desire & willingness to make a difference, Grealish to get the ball in behind, Pirlo to control the midfield, Pab's keep them focused....C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪

I don't like Scouse at right back. He's neither good enough in possession or with his distribution to play there. He looks like a centre half playing full back.......unsurprisingly.

I'd start same 4 in midfield but would definitely consider starting cooper off Carrick rather than hilson or spence.

This will be a very different game to Saturday where we won't have as much of the ball and an extra midfielder might help.

Hamiltons form should give us some confidence. A draw and an increase of the gap to Annan and going above QOS would be a great result.

Looking forward to the game, as has been said above. Play like we have shown we can in our most recent Home games and we do have a chance.

I don't think I would go too far from what has been suggest by others as a starting line up. Although I would have Cooper in for Leitch and I have to defend Scouse a little here, although I don't like him as a Right Back and agree he looks like a Centre Back playing there, he was getting incredibly frustrated at the ball not getting put out to him when he was in loads of space on Saturday, so if we can just shift it quicker, I'm sure we'd have greater success through him.

I'm not sure how DY will go on the right side and there could be a few injury concerns after EC on Saturday, but looks like the coaching staff are reading this after last week's changes. 😁 1 or 3 points please.

lineup.png

17 minutes ago, SA45 said:

I'm not sure how DY will go on the right side and there could be a few injury concerns after EC on Saturday, but looks like the coaching staff are reading this after last week's changes. 😁 1 or 3 points please.

lineup.png

Injuries may certainly dictate the exact lineup.

Really did seem that DYwas reading here last week between your team selection and BPs desire to get lewis Milne benched.

I'd  personally be willing to sacrifice a striker for a midfielder but unlikely DY does that at home

1 hour ago, unitedbino said:

There isn't a more tedious fanbase in Scottish football

Having popped into this part of the forum to see how all things League 1 are getting on, I completely agree with you. What an odd, odd bunch they are.