The Newcastle 4

Kyle Walker will probably stay until the World Cup and then when Southgate leaves it opens the door for Ben White to come back into the fold. I don’t see Livramento getting into the England fold any time soon but he could play for Portugal definitely. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Whit? Alexander-Arnold wont even be Liverpool's starting right back next season. He's been playing midfield lately under Klopp and Bradley or Gomez at right back. Trent cant defend for love nor money.

Take the point re Rico Lewis but he hasnt been playing right back either. He mostly plays midfield (mainly because Walker plays there right enough so that may change shortly).

This is incorrect, both start the games as full backs and remain there when defending deep in there half but then move into a deep lying playmaker role once the team move up the pitch when attacking

• 2 months later...

Elliot Anderson apparently in talks to go to Forrest with Elanga heading in the other direction. Guess he’ll be coming back with his tail between his legs looking for an international career. 

Anderson will never live up to the hype around him a few years ago. We've got better options in his position anyway. I can accept a bit of hesitance or lack of initial enthusiasm from guys who're significantly better than what we have. But not from guys like this who arguably wouln't even make the starting 11. He's more likely to end up in the Championship than the England squad.

All credit to Barnes. He came out and he said that he wante to play for England or nothing.

As for Livramento, the sooner he plays three competitive games for England (and disqualifies him for Scotland), the better.

I can't see Elliot Anderson ever being good enough for England, especially with Mainoo and Wharton coming through.

I don't want him to play for Scotland, either.

4 hours ago, Chripper said:

All credit to Barnes. He came out and he said that he wante to play for England or nothing.

As for Livramento, the sooner he plays three competitive games for England (and disqualifies him for Scotland), the better.

I can't see Elliot Anderson ever being good enough for England, especially with Mainoo and Wharton coming through.

I don't want him to play for Scotland, either.

FAF as you have a habit of slagging off Wharton and Mainoo alot on here. 

Truth of the matter is Anderson is more than good enough for Scotland at the moment and we could do with his services. 

To be fair there’s massive incentive FFP wise for Newcastle to sell Anderson because he came through their academy, so it’s not a damning indictment on him to be moving on.

I could see him still playing for Scotland but I highly doubt it will be during Steve Clarkes tenure.

Could a mod/op change the title to the Newcastle 3? Gordon not eligible.

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

Anderson signs for Forest for a reported 35m.

No one who fetches that money will play for us.

The fee is inflated to help them with the PSR rules, you have seen Villa, Chelsea and Everton all selling and buying youth players for big fees the last week to get round the rules. 

I don't know what kind of fee he would be worth if Forest were buying him for more organic reasons.

2 hours ago, ahemps said:

The fee is inflated to help them with the PSR rules, you have seen Villa, Chelsea and Everton all selling and buying youth players for big fees the last week to get round the rules. 

I don't know what kind of fee he would be worth if Forest were buying him for more organic reasons.

I find Transfermarkt's values less nonsensical than I used to. They are at least broadly indicative, more so than press speculation about players' values; and certainly more so than those claiming to be ITK about salaries. They have Anderson valued at €15m. 

On 29/06/2024 at 13:18, callum-ayr said:

Elliot Anderson apparently in talks to go to Forrest with Elanga heading in the other direction. Guess he’ll be coming back with his tail between his legs looking for an international career. 

I genuinely think we should be open for him to do so, I don't think we are in a position to turn our noses up at anyone who wants to play for the national team. What I would say though, is that I don't think Clarke will approach him, he'll need to do the crawling if it was to happen. Clarke was quite open and said that he was a young boy who needed to go away and take stalk of things (sure someone can did the interview up), that's not a man who has closed the door on him.

12 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I genuinely think we should be open for him to do so, I don't think we are in a position to turn our noses up at anyone who wants to play for the national team. What I would say though, is that I don't think Clarke will approach him, he'll need to do the crawling if it was to happen. Clarke was quite open and said that he was a young boy who needed to go away and take stalk of things (sure someone can did the interview up), that's not a man who has closed the door on him.

@Monkey Tennis is going to blow his top 😮

Posted (edited)

K.

...Back to topic.

Valuations are mostly determined on the status of the league that their club plays in:

Elliot Anderson (EPL) - £35m

John McGinn (SPL) - £2.7m

Edited by Chripper

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chripper said:

K.

...Back to topic.

Valuations are mostly determined on the status of the league that their club plays in:

Elliot Anderson (EPL) - £35m

John McGinn (SPL) - £2.7m

Once again your analysis is bulletproof.

Matt O'Riley might go for over 30m this summer so I think it depends more on the size of club you are more than the league itself although the league does factor in. 

Edited by Butters Scotch