Rangers v Motherwell: Sat 3pm

If we're going with refs' opinions then the current experienced referee said it wasn't a foul. That's ideal, sorted. Case closed. 

Ps: Cry more Rangers 

Screen_Recording_20240304_084208_X2_1.gif.3248c8aaac3eeac420152fe648b94ee3.gif

Edited by MurrayWell

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I’ll assume this is directed at me here given my earlier comments. I’ve already said it’s not a red, but the speed of a challenge is absolutely a factor when considering if a player has fouled or not.

It’s the reason we were told Sterling’s red card against Aberdeen was dangerous, the speed at which he went into the tackle.

It’s a rather moot point given I don’t believe it’s a red card, but it’s wrong to suggest the speed at which a player makes a challenge should not be considered.

Speed of Challange? its Dan Casey not Usain Bolt!!

I'm interested in what you think Casey should do, you have mentioned before you thought it was a foul. He has ran in and played the ball. McCausland is a good 2 feet away when he has half pulled out but left his leg in to try and win a foul (could have injured Casey but i don't think that was his intention) Casey wasn't tackling McCausland, he was clearing the ball.

If you had shown me the images from behind McCausland then I would agree that its a foul and a sending off, they look terrible But VAR and replays from other angles show that it was McCausland that was in the wrong here.

6 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Speed of Challange? its Dan Casey not Usain Bolt!!

I'm interested in what you think Casey should do, you have mentioned before you thought it was a foul. He has ran in and played the ball. McCausland is a good 2 feet away when he has half pulled out but left his leg in to try and win a foul (could have injured Casey but i don't think that was his intention) Casey wasn't tackling McCausland, he was clearing the ball.

If you had shown me the images from behind McCausland then I would agree that its a foul and a sending off, they look terrible But VAR and replays from other angles show that it was McCausland that was in the wrong here.

To be honest it didn't look like Casey needed to go to ground, IMO, which has resulted in his follow through cleaning out McCausland. He gets there well ahead of McCausland and clears the ball in a normal running action. He then goes to ground after winning the ball and slides into him.

It's a moot point really as it should've simply been a foul in my opinion with no real bearing on the game (other than McCausland unfortunately picking up a knock).

1 minute ago, AJF said:

To be honest it didn't look like Casey needed to go to ground, IMO, which has resulted in his follow through cleaning out McCausland. He gets there well ahead of McCausland and clears the ball in a normal running action. He then goes to ground after winning the ball and slides into him.

It's a moot point really as it should've simply been a foul in my opinion with no real bearing on the game (other than McCausland unfortunately picking up a knock).

He a defender and not a very fast one at that. He is preparing for contact and gets the ball away. His follow through only cleaned out McCausland as McCausland left his leg in.

Should it have had a foul? perhaps but that would have been a bit harsh on McCausland.

I stand to be corrected if necessary, but can anyone point me in the direction of a challenge involving a Scottish team other than Celtic or Rangers that Sue Smith and Stephen Warnock have analysed?

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

8 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I stand to be corrected if necessary, but can anyone point me in the direction of a challenge not involving a Scottish team other than Celtic or Rangers that Sue Smith and Stephen Warnock have analysed?

Screenshot_20240304_161216_Instagram.jpg.a4a842d702dd9a695bbdc191a7808a8f.jpg

If anyone can find the footage that would be wonderful cos I cannae mind where the extended highlights were, but Lundstram was lucky to escape a yellow in the 2nd half.

Spittal (I think) was brought down by him and got back up and tried to run, Lundstram then held him back and pinned him to the ground whilst Muir was watching. Ref didn't even signal that he was playing advantage lol

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Big guy hits Little guy and Little guy shits himself and pulls out of contact 

Was always told when you pull out of tackles that’s when you get injured and that’s exactly what happened to McCauslnd …. … He shat himself  !!!!!

46 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Big guy hits Little guy and Little guy shits himself and pulls out of contact 

Was always told when you pull out of tackles that’s when you get injured and that’s exactly what happened to McCauslnd …. … He shat himself  !!!!!

As has already been pointed out by a few, Casey was always reaching the ball first. McCausland was never getting there first so naturally he wasn’t going to fling himself into it and just tried to block the ball by the looks of it.

So its monday night and ive had a bit of time to look at the incidents in the game again

One big game defining decision that didn't go our way and totally cost us the game 

Our decision to play utter fucking dung, we got absolutely bullied and bitch slapped by a team that wanted to fight more for the points 

I can take being outplayed, but players not willing to fight as hard, nah

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

The whole discourse about it is just weird.

What do you expect from Rangers fans?

The same ones claiming Casey launched into a leg breaking tackles claimed this was a fair tackle as the ball was there to be won a year ago.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

As has already been pointed out by a few, Casey was always reaching the ball first. McCausland was never getting there first so naturally he wasn’t going to fling himself into it and just tried to block the ball by the looks of it.

Tbf the majority of players in McCauslands situation likely do slide in. Ive seen players like Murray Davidson and Liam Craig actually win those situation from his position before.

Him being a quivering shitebag made it more dangerous if anything, for both him and Casey.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf the majority of players in McCauslands situation likely do slide in. Ive seen players like Murray Davidson and Liam Craig actually win those situation from his position before.

Him being a quivering shitebag made it more dangerous if anything, for both him and Casey.

Murray Davidson maybe not the best example to use given he was made of glass. Maybe he should’ve pulled out a few more of those situations.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Murray Davidson maybe not the best example to use given he was made of glass. Maybe he should’ve pulled out a few more of those situations.

Murray Davidson didnt actually miss many games until Kemar Roofe ended his career.