Rangers v Motherwell: Sat 3pm

Confirmation that Cortes will miss this after picking up an injury on Wednesday. Could mean we see one of Silva, Wright or Lawrence on the left, unless Matondo is available or Clement utilises Sterling there again.

Doubt it'll be Lawrence as we will need him more centrally with Cantwell out so I'd prefer it to be Silva with Dessers coming in through the middle.

Confirmation that Roofe and Jack are available and I'd bet my house on Ridvan starting after Barisic's horror show at Rugby Park.

Rugby Park lusts for the blood of Rangers left wingers and I can’t wait ‘til astroturf fucks off out of the league.

If Jack is properly fit, I think we’re more likely to see Lawrence on the left, allowing for a rotation of MacAusland/Sterling on the right, and Silva or Roofe to come in for Dessers up front. You pair Jack with Lundstram, push Diomande up higher? 

I have backed Rangers +3.5 goals which pretty much means it will either be a 2-1 win or a 3-0 home win. Any result where we get anything is more welcome than any financial return 🤞. But I just don’t see it.

Key point being we have conceded more goals than most teams bar maybe Livi. If the Rangers team that beat Hearts turn up it will be a similar or worse outcome. Even then we may yet score a goal. Another Spittal 25 yarder. So a home win with 4 or more goals is a decent shout. 

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

I have backed Rangers +3.5 goals which pretty much means it will either be a 2-1 win or a 3-0 home win. Any result where we get anything is more welcome than any financial return 🤞. But I just don’t see it.

Key point being we have conceded more goals than most teams bar maybe Livi. If the Rangers team that beat Hearts turn up it will be a similar or worse outcome. Even then we may yet score a goal. Another Spittal 25 yarder. So a home win with 4 or more goals is a decent shout. 

3 teams, including Dundee have concede more 

I didn’t even consider looking for a ticket for this, I never do, will I miss a classic?  I don’t even know half the names AJF mentions in his post.

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

I share you're optimism... we're getting pumped.

Rangers -3 feels a pretty safe bet.

On 01/03/2024 at 14:08, AJF said:

Confirmation that Cortes will miss this after picking up an injury on Wednesday. Could mean we see one of Silva, Wright or Lawrence on the left, unless Matondo is available or Clement utilises Sterling there again.

Doubt it'll be Lawrence as we will need him more centrally with Cantwell out so I'd prefer it to be Silva with Dessers coming in through the middle.

Confirmation that Roofe and Jack are available and I'd bet my house on Ridvan starting after Barisic's horror show at Rugby Park.

I dont know half these names, but pleased to see Cantwell is out.

Certain players always seem to play really well against us and he is one of them.

I have zero expectation for this one. However, we have been pretty competitive against the top teams this season regardless of results, so hopefully we dont get turned over.

We havent won at Ibrox in the league since 1997. That has to end at some point. Will it be today?

Edited by joewarkfanclub

Based on this season, there is no better team in the league - maybe in the history of the league - for losing shite early goals than us. Normal teams lose a shite early goal at ibrox or parkhead and go to pieces but we've been practicing

Rangers to score with their first attack (Kelly distracted by trying to remember the 2nd verse to Simply The Best), Bair and Spittal to put us 2-1 with minutes to go. We lose 5-2 (Kelly distracted trying to remember the 2nd verse of God Save The King).

No pace in the wingbacks position today for us due to Devine being unavailable and Gent not fit.  So I'd expect more of a flat back 5 a lot of the time. If Rangers cut off Spittal's runs and Miller's passes we will struggle to attack...let's see how it goes. Vale's pace could be key.

I see Soapy Souter is getting a game so there may be some joy for us there, the wee diving boy is playing so I don’t know how he will do.  I have a concern with Blaney out at left back, always concerned about Tavernier coming down that side. I hope we play on the front foot, suck Rangers in and get in behind them.

Would be a mammoth ask if they didn't have their tails up. As they do, I'd settle for a 3-0 loss or better but only if nobody gets injured.

We've got 4 cup finals against our peers to get top 6 coming up.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

The subway loyal will be getting their jackets on already.

You take your jacket off at a football match? (or do you mean the ones in the pub) 

Just now, MazzyStar said:

You take your jacket off at a football match? (or do you mean the ones in the pub) 

I take my stone island jacket off to reveal my stone island jumper just so people know just how hard I am.