Dunup v Aberdoon

You might just yet achieve your dreams of top-6. Delighted for each and every one of you. Congratulations on your stunning success this evening. I'll raise a glass.

Dundee absolutely deserved the three points tonight, no question. But I can't understand the praise that Main is getting from the Dundee fans on here. If he was a goalscorer Dundee would have won by at least 3-0. He rivals Oli Shaw as the worst striker in the Premiership. 

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dunno why there's even a debate about that penalty. Two hands into Portales back as he's pushed, and the ball comes down and hits his right arm. Should have had 2 penalties for it IMO.

I'm appreciative of VAR for making such a spot, but it really was absolutely ridiculous the time it took. It's killing football.

Didn't push him and it hits his left arm. Other than that, spot on.

Don't want var getting blamed tho by our management, we were awful and deserved to get beat 

2 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Didn't push him and it hits his left arm. Other than that, spot on.

Don't want var getting blamed tho by our management, we were awful and deserved to get beat 

Didn't push him. :lol:

ETA: Tweet isn't embedding but clearly a diving push FFS.

https://x.com/NouCampyFTW/status/1768023885461532920?s=20

Edited by Ludo*1

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Didn't push him. :lol:

ETA: Tweet isn't embedding but clearly a diving push FFS.

https://x.com/NouCampyFTW/status/1768023885461532920?s=20

It's never a pen. The Dundee commentators were embarrassed and were saying it's not a pen. Obviously they're happy it was given but var is a joke. 

How many minutes did it take to get to the wrong decision ?

Just now, GTG_03 said:

It's never a pen. The Dundee commentators were embarrassed and were saying it's not a pen. Obviously they're happy it was given but var is a joke. 

How many minutes did it take to get to the wrong decision ?

Using two fans on DeeTV as evidence isn't making the point you think you're making.

I agree, VAR is a joke. It's benefited us tonight but I'd rather live in a world where VAR wasn't a thing, completely agree.

That being said, it's utter stupidity from Mackenzie. Both hands into Portales' back, up in the air, ball hits the arm. Just completely unnecessary and a good spot by VAR - for once.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Using two fans on DeeTV as evidence isn't making the point you think you're making.

I agree, VAR is a joke. It's benefited us tonight but I'd rather live in a world where VAR wasn't a thing, completely agree.

That being said, it's utter stupidity from Mackenzie. Both hands into Portales' back, up in the air, ball hits the arm. Just completely unnecessary and a good spot by VAR - for once.

I'd wager over 90% of fans say that's not a pen. Dundee commentators who are naturally going to have some bias towards their team didn't think it was a pen and they were right. 

Var is making an arse of it, better off sticking with the on field decision.

5 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

FAO Dee Man : good to see you on home soil.

Also FAO Dee Man : f**k you fer no inviti g me for a pint, ye prostitute murdering, koala cuddling yak.

He cuddled a koala?

Edited by Fifespud
Made a Ledzgins of it - a bit pissed.

1 minute ago, GTG_03 said:

I'd wager over 90% of fans say that's not a pen. Dundee commentators who are naturally going to have some bias towards their team didn't think it was a pen and they were right. 

Have to agree to disagree - clear as day for me on the replay. One of the DeeTV commentators isn't even a Dundee fan.

VAR is an absolute shitshow though. The fact that it took as long as it did to make a decision - one way or the other - is just unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

100% a Pen. The only reason it was given was because of VAR, but VAR and the referee got it correct.

More a Pen than Peter Pawlett's anyway.

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

They're friendly, they come across as good guys, and easy to listen to.

We’re all entitled to our opinion but I often watch the away stream when I can’t make the game (like tonight, in Manchester, but I’m not shagging Biggy). Sure they seem like nice guys but utterly clueless. 

12 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

90% lol.

That's a penalty for anyone who has functioning eyes and no bias. 

Why is it a pen if its given for handball though?  

What takes precedence? Clear and obvious error or arm in an unnatural position/outside of silhouette/whatever shitebag rule they decide it is this week.

Judging by that tonight, it appears that the rule is that if it hits your arm, hand, bicep and your arms aren't either behind your back or strapped to your sides then it'll be a penalty.

Aberdeen were awful tonight and quite rightly got f**k all for their endeavours but it's not a pen. 

Hey ho, on to Fir Park on Saturday. 

7 hours ago, betting competition said:

Aberdeen's 1-0 loss was disgraceful performance. After viewing the penalty incident on Sportscene, it was clear that it could have been given for either a handball or a push.

The push was obvious - for me that was an easier decision to give a penalty for.