Annan v Queens

11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Sanny, used to manage Stranraer.

Certainly looked like he came for the ball and fluffed it.

Ok McKechnie. So insignificant in his impact I forgot his surname. Don’t agree on Mumbongo imho our best player in the first half, full back should have cut out the cross. 2nd for my angle the mess could have come from anyone in defence. Yes rotten all round

12 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Ok McKechnie. So insignificant in his impact I forgot his surname. Don’t agree on Mumbongo imho our best player in the first half, full back should have cut out the cross. 2nd for my angle the mess could have come from anyone in defence. Yes rotten all round

Seriously?

22 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

In his defence our brain fart of a manager played him wide right rather than through the middle along side Reilly.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Mumbongo at fault for the 1st goal did nothing now i see why Hamiltons fans said he was a very poor signing .

Plenty Hamilton fans complaining about him being a striker but cannot remember Hamilton supporters saying he ever played wide right.

I thought first was a well worked goal. A delightful well placed and weighted pass inside our defender then a nice chipped/lobbed cross that gave Goss an easy header to score. Something we can never do.  

56 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Mumbongo was playing wing back he should have cut out the cross.

Defence not a fault for 2nd 100% Stone when you come off your line like that you must be certain of getting the ball he made it easy for the Annan player to score 

We still should have had enough to come back in the 2nd half but we offered nothing   if anything Annan should have added more goals 

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Mumbongo was playing wing back he should have cut out the cross.

Defence not a fault for 2nd 100% Stone when you come off your line like that you must be certain of getting the ball he made it easy for the Annan player to score 

We still should have had enough to come back in the 2nd half but we offered nothing   if anything Annan should have added more goals 

All about opinions I would have kept on Joel ahead of the ineffectual McKechnie. For me Joel was playing up front on the right, Logan yet again right wing back and didn’t stop the cross for the first. As I said I didn’t have a clear view of the stramash for the second from my angle of view but it figures that you are probably right that keeper missed it. Doesn’t really matter as there again shipped 2 goals and midfield was simply terrible. Annan looked stronger and faster. I don’t know where our next win will come from as 2 points from 9 against Edinburgh, Stirling and Annan is shocking. I think it’s now too much of a gamble to keep Marv. Better to change it via an interim boss then try go or McCall in the summer. 

33 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Agreed

Agreed

I would like to see these idiots banned from watching us. Causing damage to someone else’s pitch and behaving like hooligans does our reputation as a club no good at all. 

28 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I would like to see these idiots banned from watching us. Causing damage to someone else’s pitch and behaving like hooligans does our reputation as a club no good at all. 

I agree on that, and not just at plastic pitches,  I've no time for pyros at football but then again I'm an old fart well behind the times. The ones that were thrown on yesterday came from over the fence from the road so proving who did it wouldn't be easy. Also, what was occurring at half-time, looked like a supporter from the Annan end came on for a kick about with the Queens subs, a few stewards ran from away end to deal with it.

16 hours ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

You’ll play out your skin against us (Falkirk) next week and get a point no doubt. Funny old game.

Er ... no.

Highlights up now. 

I expect Bartley went through the CF Mumbongo's poor marking skills for the first. McKay as effective as ever defending the cross. Surprised no one made an issue of the FK for the second. The guy looked to just fall down for me. Non-existent marking again. Can't say I blame Stone for it given he had absolutely no protection from the defence. Cracking finish from Gav. 

Feel sorry for anyone who sits near that woman at Galabank. "Cmon ANNAN!!!!" Constant man. 

Edited by 19QOS19

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Highlights up now. 

I expect Bartley went through the CF Mumbongo's poor marking skills for the first. McKay as effective as ever defending the cross. Surprised no one made an issue of the FK for the second. The guy looked to just fall down for me. Non-existent marking again. Can't say I blame Stone for it given he had absolutely no protection from the defence. Cracking finish from Gav. 

Feel sorry for anyone who sits near that woman at Galabank. "Cmon ANNAN!!!!" Constant man. 

Yep the highlights pretty much reflect the views of those who were there. 
The defending is woefully bad and the unwillingness/inability to do the very basics is frankly a disgrace. McKay is an absolute joke of a central defender. He clearly thinks he's a player though and that's what really counts.

We were very fortunate not to lose more heavily. Willie Gibson must have loved that. He absolutely strolled it.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Highlights up now. 

For the first goal I'm not sure how every defender failed to notice Goss lurking at the back post.  You would think size of the guy and the bright gold shirt would make him hard to miss.  Kilsby, who must have been caught well out of position by the time he saw the cross coming in, was never going to match Goss in a heading contest.  Nwideni was totally un-marked so Stone was left to both look after him and guard the whole goal.  McKay was missing at the start of the move and somehow managed to find himself standing in the one place where there were no Annan players as the cross came over.  Cracking cross by MacIntyre by the way - pity he never delivered like that for us.

I would say Todd was most at fault for the second.  It looks like he is meant to be marking Douglas but as the ball comes across he seems to just jog back ballwatching before stopping completely before the ball has even cleared the first defenders.  McClelland, the next nearest defender to Douglas,  couldn't rescue the situation as he'd managed let Goss get in front of him.  

Deliberately waited until today before posting, in order to let yesterdays debacle sink in.  Just when you think it is impossible to be any more of a seething mess along comes Bartley to demonstrate that this is indeed possible!  Starting Mumbungo wide right and McKay in defence was beyond logic.  Reilly became more and more isolated as the game progressed.

Both goals perfectly avoidable if we do the basics of marking.  What on earth do we do in training all week?  It should be obvious to Bartley by now that he has lost the respect of his players.  Can't blame them for not playing for him given his willingness to throw them under the bus at every opportunity.  Haven't watched his after match interview but no doubt it will consist of more of the same about game plans and individual errors.  

Well done to Annan,  they were due a win against us.  They wanted it more, and have a team spirit and commitment that we lack.

Am I the only one who found it ironic that just as our players were about to kick-off the first half the PA is playing Phil Lynott singing "attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack is what we lack" ?  😆

2 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Am I the only one who found it ironic that just as our players were about to kick-off the first half the PA is playing Phil Lynott singing "attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack is what we lack" ?  😆

there were a few things that impressed me yesterday, and I'm not talking about the football. Firstly stewards outside the ground were friendly then once in the ground first thing you come across is selling half time tickets (never won); the ground was tidy, nice clean barriers and solid concrete, seating was comfortable; I too noticed the attack attack at start of the game getting crowd and players motivated. You could here the team announcement and the half time draw winners and each sub clearly. Food was fine. Clearly doing the basics well 

Toilets were dreadful.

5 minutes ago, queenslad said:

there were a few things that impressed me yesterday, and I'm not talking about the football. Firstly stewards outside the ground were friendly then once in the ground first thing you come across is selling half time tickets (never won); the ground was tidy, nice clean barriers and solid concrete, seating was comfortable; I too noticed the attack attack at start of the game getting crowd and players motivated. You could here the team announcement and the half time draw winners and each sub clearly. Food was fine. Clearly doing the basics well 

Toilets were dreadful.

Did they lower the prices? Last time it was a food truck kind of thing and the prices were quite simply fucking disgraceful. I don't know if that was Annan's doing though, they may well have just let the company pay them a price to sell there. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Did they lower the prices? Last time it was a food truck kind of thing and the prices were quite simply fucking disgraceful. I don't know if that was Annan's doing though, they may well have just let the company pay them a price to sell there. 

Prices yesterday were extortionate.