Euro 2025

Lurkst

I would give Easter Road or Tynecastle the playoff match . The novelty value might get a few more fans turning up .

Dont think the SFA can be blamed for poor attendances at Hampden . Rachel Corsie and co demanded we play there . It’s just a pity it coincided with Pedro’s tenure .

Euro 2025 qualifying play-off draw:

Hungary v Scotland
Hungary/Scotland v Montenegro/Finland

Both 2 legged ties. Decent draw imo, could have been much worse for Scotland.

Both winnable ties. Beat Finland last year in a friendly then lost on penalties in the Pinatar Cup in February, definitely not the worst draw out of what was there. Finland away in the 2nd leg of the final in December might not be pleasant weather if we make it that far.

Azerbaijan / Portugal vs Belarus / Czechia
Hungary / Scotland vs Montenegro / Finland
Türkiye / Ukraine vs Greece / Belgium
Slovakia / Wales vs Georgia / Republic of Ireland
Romania / Poland vs Slovenia / Austria
Croatia / Northern Ireland vs Albania / Norway
Bosnia and Herzegovina / Serbia vs Luxembourg / Sweden

Hungary should be winnable, though nae chickens counted. Deffo be Finland up if we get through. Tougher prospect altogether but quite winnable.

Yes Pedroball has killed the Hampden attendances - that terrible play-off loss to Ireland would be a big factor. Though I was there and still try to go if I can.

We beat Hungary home and away in the last World Cup qualifiers. We were rubbish in the game at Hampden but still won.

Finland were unbeaten at home in their League A group, winning 2-1 against Italy and drawing with Netherlands and Norway. They beat us home and away at the start of The Great Disappointment, in the Euro qualifiers just after the debacle of Paris. They have to be favourites but not by much. 

We've got draws recently against both Hungary and Finland at the Pinatar Cup but you never know how seriously everyone takes those games.

Poland drew the shortest straw - them and Austria were the two League A sides to be paired, but they were in the same group and Austria beat them 3-1 home and away.

I'm sure I saw that Weir was back in training, so surely there's a chance she'll be available for these, which would be massive. No idea about Watson, think she is a bit further away.

• 1 month later...
On 29/08/2024 at 21:02, Craig fae the Vale said:

Playoff semi final vs Hungary will be at Easter Road.

Do you know if Hampden is unavailable or have they just decided to take a game elsewhere?

Unless you're getting more than 20,000 Easter Road is a much better venue anyway.