Stirling Vs The Best Team In Stirlingshire

27 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

You’re not terribly bright are you?

Give him a break, he really hates us and thinks we’re his derby match. He must be hurting. 

48 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Thought a good number of players did well for us today. Milne had his best game as an Albion player. Having him central makes a difference. McPake looked a threat again down the left (he absolutely dusted a Falkirk defender at one point). Hilson did great, as did Carrick fighting against the two big Falkirk CBs and holding his own. If only one of the chances had fallen to Carrick 😫

Don't think the subs helped. Not sure if Crane was injured, but if he wasn't he should have stayed on. I like Cooper, but that's three games in a row where he's looked a bit lost. In a weird way, I could feel the Falkirk winner coming - but not necessarily because they were creating loads of chances. Just because that's the way their season has gone. Still hard to take. However, if we play like that over the next eight games we'll be fine.

Agree with this. Albion gave as good as they got in the 1st half and had a few decent half chances in the second, but the number of times we had decent possession in their box as time moved on meant it was almost inevitable one would get through, and so it proved.

52 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Incidentally, did anyone else notice that the grass was too short today?

Think it was a plan to put us off our game. It worked in the first half. By the second half the grass grew a bit and by the 88th minute it had grown to a level we could play on. Game over!

5 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think it was a plan to put us off our game. It worked in the first half. By the second half the grass grew a bit and by the 88th minute it had grown to a level we could play on. Game over!

It was like a jungle, I could hardly see the players. I was hoping the ref would call it off after 85 mins..

5 hours ago, headthebaw said:

I’m glad we pushed Falkirk all the way today. they had to work hard for the points.

Hope the Bairns fans enjoyed their day and, if they had a pie, I hope it was tasty. 🤭

The steak and black pudding with peppercorn sauce pie was fantastic.

Very tough yesterday, looked a stick on draw but champions find a way somehow and again we did that.

Stirling the better team first half wouldn’t have had any complaints if it was 1 or 2-0 at half time. We dominated the 2nd half without creating too many clear cut chances.

Excellent hospitality at the cricket club before, was very busy by the end and the bar staff did well to keep it moving. Chucked a few quid in for their juniors and looks like they made a bit of dosh on the day 

10 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Incidentally, did anyone else notice that the grass was too short today?

No, but I thought the grass was too yellow!

In all seriousness, credit where it's due, the pitch was in excellent condition for the time of year. Forthbank is one of the best places to watch football in Scotland IMO. Great view, terracing and seats (on all 4 sides), grass pitch, tidy, tannoy system is good, well laid out and when there is a good crowd very good atmosphere.

It'll be one of the grounds (I hope) I'll miss visiting next season.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

15 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

We're talking about paying at the gate. Do keep up. 

No team in Scotland should be turning away fans trying to get into a game. Total stone age mentality.

Seething that's 12/12 points for the bairns against early title challengers Stirling Albion, up ye x

15 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Rock up to Hampden soon when the national team are next playing and try and pay at the gate. Oh wait, it'll be advertised as all-ticket. 

You can buy a ticket right up until kick-off though. If you want to attend you can.

I had read before the game on the SAFC site that it was a police decision to stop sales at 1pm so no blame attached to either club but seems like overkill for a game where realistically there’s no danger of any bother.

Anyway, three points, up the road. Next!

Fair play to Stirling, thought they gave us a really tough game yesterday. Enjoyed the two visits to Forthbank this season, decent place to watch football. On yesterday’s evidence you’ll have more than enough to stay above Annan, hopefully yous can get a result next week. 👍

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

No, but I thought the grass was too yellow!

In all seriousness, credit where it's due, the pitch was in excellent condition for the time of year. Forthbank is one of the best places to watch football in Scotland IMO. Great view, terracing and seats (on all 4 sides), grass pitch, tidy, tannoy system is good, well laid out and when there is a good crowd very good atmosphere.

It'll be one of the grounds (I hope) I'll miss visiting next season.

I agree for the most part but the tannoy system is pretty poor (if you're behind the goal anyhoo)

19 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

The steak and black pudding with peppercorn sauce pie was fantastic.

Have to say that Food2Go Catering do the best pies in Scottish Football, they really are awesome. Didn’t manage to get one of those ones yesterday, but have them previously and they’re to die for.

On 08/03/2024 at 15:44, BB_Bino said:

Well said again @WattersIsGod

Absolutely, but after 10 years or so in League 2, watching some utter dross like Dylan Mackin and Akeel Francis (both players that Falkirk fans will remember) on a Saturday, we're realists and know that we need to establish ourselves before we can do anything else. Lots of us said it at that time, we see the club as 1 that should compete at the top of League 1 and try an punch above it's weight in the Championship from time to time, however our first season back at, what is probably our natural level, we can't start demanding that and it would be unfair on Darren Young and the board if we did.

No need at all