East Fife vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/24 at 14:59

The goals we conceded were very  poor defending.

Obviously Easton stumbles for the 2nd but for the 1st goal Hamilton is with  Grey, who drifts off him and leaves Hamilton  ball watching, good finish  but definitely avoidable. Have  to be sharper next week.

22 hours ago, Exiled Fifer said:

The home team came out all guns blazing and with a bit more luck could have been 3 up after 20 minutes. Up to that point, Walls and Trouten were ruling the roost but Faz changed his tactics and that threat was nullified.

Really? I just thought the players stopped lumping it up to the small man and tried to pass it forward instead.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Dreadful from Malcolm for the first. Hogarth should possibly do better, too? Hmm maybe that's harsh on Hogarth, actually.

I think that's a bit harsh on Hogarth for the first. Malcolm makes a mess of it then Lennon drifts to the ball leaving Austin free. 

The third however is inexcusable really, sees it coming and just doesn't move his feet. The one he spills to Austin at 2-2 wasn't exactly showing him in a great light either. 

10 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

You may have a point !

Having watched it back again, I think you're being harsh on our first goal. I'd say it was easily the highest quality of all 5 scored yesterday.

We are soooo bad at defending crosses into our box 😂 

Finally tortured myself by watching the highlights. Seriously poor from both Malcolm and Lennon for the first. Hogarth should be doing far better with the 2nd and 3rd goals. The 3rd in particular is baffling stuff from him, I have absolutely no idea what he’s playing at there. Between his dodgy kicking and his complete lack of ability to judge the flight of the ball I’ve been seriously underwhelmed by his performances since he arrived. He was never going to be as good as Brett Long but I’ve been quite surprised by how suspect he looks. Surely he was much better than this for Alloa last year? I wouldn’t even want him warming the bench nevermind being a nailed on starter!

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Finally tortured myself by watching the highlights. Seriously poor from both Malcolm and Lennon for the first. Hogarth should be doing far better with the 2nd and 3rd goals. The 3rd in particular is baffling stuff from him, I have absolutely no idea what he’s playing at there. Between his dodgy kicking and his complete lack of ability to judge the flight of the ball I’ve been seriously underwhelmed by his performances since he arrived. He was never going to be as good as Brett Long but I’ve been quite surprised by how suspect he looks. Surely he was much better than this for Alloa last year? I wouldn’t even want him warming the bench nevermind being a nailed on starter!

The only thing I can think is he assumes it’s going over? Which is a wild assumption.

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

The only thing I can think is he assumes it’s going over? Which is a wild assumption.

Put simply, terrible goalkeeping. You can misjudge something like that so badly. As already mentioned, he's been a huge disappointment. If that was 1 mistake in isolation then fair enough, but it's basically every week we are questioning something from him.

4 hours ago, FifeSons said:

As a opposition fan at the game does the player height come into it, he wasn't the tallest of goalies either. Looked very shaky and nervous especially throwing a McManus shot out for a corner? 

Though Brett is a great keeper I think your club has found it hard to replace a top goalie and that was the problem when he left us, left a big hole trying get the same ability in that position it seems.