East Fife vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/24 at 14:59

I can't be bothered going over Tuesday's shambles again, but East Fife must be fancying this. I'm a bit beyond caring and part of me would honestly prefer us to drop out of the playoffs to provoke a change in manager (even though it wouldn't).

£20 for the stream is steep (yes, I know it's because it's a monthly sub), but being the great eejit I am, I'm going to buy it.

https://eftv.info/

#FazOut

If we have any notions of catching Dumbarton we have to win. Our home form has been patchy last few months with too many draws but the players' confidence has to be high after going 4 unbeaten.

6 hours ago, GordyBrow said:

I will be attending this match despite having watched the shambles on Tuesday evening.

I also have this match seared into my brain: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/8947672.stm

No small irony that I missed us subsequently doing them 6-0.

Missed that one too, was on my honeymoon at the time.

Remember thinking it was a wind up when I asked a New York barman for the East Fife score.

2 hours ago, George Parr said:

Tombola time yet again tomorrow. Feckless Farrell will have no earthly idea how to approach this. 

I was literally just about to come and post the same. He'll panic and pick some absolutely ridiculous line-up, won't he?

Posted (edited)

It's an overwhelming prediction for an East Fife win in the poll!

Another club statement early next week about fan behaviour on the cards, too?

East Fife have a decent run after this: Peterhead (a), Stranraer (h), Elgin (h). Peterhead seem to have gone off the boil, so I'd say every chance they can win there, and the other two at home against sides who travel VERY poorly, you'd fancy them for. We then have: Spartans (a), Bonnyrigg (h), Stenny (h). We've really struggled against Spartans, and I don't expect us to get anything there. Bonnyrigg I would expect us to beat tbf, but I think someone said Stenny could win the league against us? So they'll be right up for that. Lose tomorrow and we'll definitely be feeling the heat. I'm sure Faz will be viewing it as a 'must not lose' and suspect he may set us up, accordingly.

Edited by FifeSons

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse I see that tomorrow 's ref is Scott Lambie.

Thank f*** I'm painting LWL's garden fence.

Ironically his ability to send off players wearing a Sons shirt is probably at the bottom of my list of worries for this. So maybe it's a good time to get him.

I had hoped we'd never get see him again after the relegation season where we have six players sent off in the league all season. And he sent off five of them. In two games. In fact he's sent off 6 Dumbarton players in 6 games. So if I was a betting man I'd be lumping on at least one red card tomorrow.

Given we haven't seen him since early 2022 I had kind of hoped he'd been fast-tracked to the big leagues, but obviously not. Maybe he'll even things out, reduce East Fife to 8 men in the first-half and we can get up the road with a 1-0 win and our playoff place secure :lol: