East Fife vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/24 at 14:59

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Is he the ref from that Airdrie game?

That's the guy!

Hang on, I've just seen our match preview. No Sean Crighton tomorrow. Oh Jesus. So we're going into this game with one natural centre-half? 18-year-old Gallagher Lennon, who has looked out of his depth since signing. Or with Mark Durnan, who hasn't played since October having to play for a full 90 minutes.

Praying Durnan is something close to being match ready. If he is, then I'd start him and Newbury together. And Blair Malcolm at left-back. If he's not? Well I've no idea really. Lennon and Newbury? Two centre-halves with a combined aged of 36 would be a giggle.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That's the guy!

Hang on, I've just seen our match preview. No Sean Crighton tomorrow. Oh Jesus. So we're going into this game with one natural centre-half? 18-year-old Gallagher Lennon, who has looked out of his depth since signing. Or with Mark Durnan, who hasn't played since October having to play for a full 90 minutes.

Praying Durnan is something close to being match ready. If he is, then I'd start him and Newbury together. And Blair Malcolm at left-back. If he's not? Well I've no idea really. Lennon and Newbury? Two centre-halves with a combined aged of 36 would be a giggle.

Get Healy a pair of platform Predators and we're sorted.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That's the guy!

Stuart Carswell is available...

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm afraid he's just signed for Thorniewood United alongside Ross Forbes.

In other news, I have a new job as the Director of Football at a West of Scotland League side...

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's just signed for Thorniewood this week.

Eta damn you Jan😜

Edited by microdave
Too slow.

21 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Probably concede back to back 5s with the paucity of natural defenders available.

I actually think that there's so much negativity around this game, that we might end up getting a result.

The Fifers'  v The Sons'  meet tomorrow at Bayview. With the wind from the east and nothing between the stadium and Denmark, rap up well  as its  going to be chilly !

9 points separate the teams for the coveted 4th play-off spot and with 9  games left  East Fife have to win to stand a chance of catching Dumbarton.

Dick Campbell will stick with  his  4-2-3-1 formation and should name the same starting 11 as  last week. 

-Fleming-

-Murdoch-Page-Easton-Newton-

-McManus-Walls-

-Shepherd-Trouten-Hamilton-

-Austin-

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Either that or we move nearer to being a 'club in crisis'.  Or is that too negative ?

I’d say that’s what the smart money’s on.

I’d be interested to know what Farrell’s record against Campbell is like. FWIW I detest Campbell. He’s an absolute cheat and a bigoted bellend, and as shite as Farrell is, I’d take him over Campbell any day. I still remember him getting Ryan Borris sent off at Firhill and his Brechin side that made Mourinho’s Porto look honest. Was genuinely very disappointed how many people bought into Campbell’s schtick when he was flying high with Arbroath. Anyway, I digress…

Edited by FifeSons

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm afraid he's just signed for Thorniewood United alongside Ross Forbes.

In other news, I have a new job as the Director of Football at a West of Scotland League side...

Please tell me it's not Carluke. Because my SEO has moved from Forth to Carluke.

Tomorrow is now an absolute nightmare for us.

Crighton missing is a massive blow. Lennon is no left back and he's barely better at centre half. I like Newbury, but the thought of starting the game with a back 4 featuring Ryan Blair at left back and 2 very inexperienced centre halves is terrifying. Durnan hasn't played since October and you wonder what kind of state he's in right now? Do we risk him from the start? Do we drop Newbury back to centre half? Do we go with Newbury and Lennon or do we go Newbury and somebody else? I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow's back 4 is Pigniatello on the right, Ryan Blair on the left and a centre half partnership of Lynas and Newbury.

Properly scary stuff.

Add in Blair Malcolm in centre midfield, with Div Wilson and Finlay Gray playing too.

Graham has to get a start tomorrow. Kalvin Orsi is nowhere  near fit enough. Absolutely no point in having Graham if we're not going to play him. He can play wide and has a fair bit of pace. Ruth needs help and it's incredibly frustrating watching one of the best forwards in the league trying to feed of such meagre  opportunities. 

Tomorrow is either going to be a gritty, battling performance where we secure all 3 points in difficult circumstances or an absolute horsing. I don't really see there being much in between. We'll either use Tuesday to focus the players and we'll feed off that anger or we'll ship an early goal, the heads will go down and EF will put 4 or 5 past us.

If it's the latter then I fear for us. Spartans the following week won't be a great game and Bonnyrigg at home on the 23rd could well be the game where fans properly turn on the manager and the chairman. 

Posted (edited)

Makes it all the stranger that he didn’t give Durnan some minutes on Tuesday. Going to be a huge gamble to see how he holds up, but I don’t think he had much choice.

Thank feck Blair isn’t starting. I’d have gone with Graham over Hilton. I don’t think Hilton is really up to much at all. Finally trying Malcolm at LB?

Edited by FifeSons

Blair Malcolm starting at LB will at least keep Jan happy.

That CB pairing will be as slow as treacle. Durnan will be blowing out his hole after an hour after so long out.

CD62757D-2068-4F71-8BEC-A5FAE25E95A5.thumb.jpeg.2567492b54397e1fa82a2ce1d342b352.jpeg

Same starting line up as last week, nice to see a consistency starting at this important time!!!

Also nice to see #Patslat back in the squad!!!

I sincerely hope it’s Malcolm at left back with Newbury continuing at centre mid. The thought of Lennon at left back and a midfield containing Malcolm and Hilton fills me with dread. Chucking Durnan straight in is a huge gamble given how long he’s been out. Healy hasn’t impressed me at all so far so I’ll it’s a good opportunity for him to prove a point. 

Any other manager might change up the formation a bit after a complete shagging and injury problems but I think Farrell would rather curl up and die than try a different shape.