East Fife vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/24 at 14:59

Posted (edited)

He'll be saying the usual we're just so unlucky atm etc in his interview. We were lucky not to be 3-0 down before we even started playing. Another pressure game, another Faz bottling.

Edited by FifeSons

2 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Well, that could turn out to be quite a significant goal.  And whilst an injury-time defeat is never welcome this one doesn't bother me quite as much as it normally would.

An absolute sickener for the the poor folk who travelled but for the rest of us if that goal has any impact on the security of Farrell's position then perhaps it's no bad thing. We'll be playing League 2 fitba next season regardless.

We must be almost 2 years to the day since the 2-0 defeat to bottom of the league East Fife when Faz looked a broken man in his post-match and admitted he didn't know how to fix it. How is he still here :lol:

Posted (edited)

That feels like a real sickener to me, but maybe that’s just because I paid £20…

We’d have been better off getting gubbed than losing like that.

Edited by FifeSons

9 minutes ago, George Parr said:

An absolute sickener for the the poor folk who travelled but for the rest of us if that goal has any impact on the security of Farrell's position then perhaps it's no bad thing. We'll be playing League 2 fitba next season regardless.

It won’t. He’ll be here regardless of where we finish.

7 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

We must be almost 2 years to the day since the 2-0 defeat to bottom of the league East Fife when Faz looked a broken man in his post-match and admitted he didn't know how to fix it. How is he still here :lol:

Because there's no pressure on him, not an ounce.

He's on contract until 2025, coasting, easy money & a weak DFC boardroom which he knows haven't a clue & can't afford to pay him off.

Predictable and boring. I didn’t see the game but I just know it will have been the exact same players who regularly fail to perform and the exact same couple of players who turned in a decent enough shift. The tactics and formation would have been the same as always and the substitutes will have made us weaker, as always. We’ve now been suffering nearly 3 years of this same turgid pish and our moron of a chairman can’t be arsed to do anything about it. 

We’ll do the exact same shite next weekend, and expect a different outcome. 

12 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

My take is that the board is petrified of having to replace him, and they are hoping that somehow it all comes right.  I've been told that the team's target is a top four finish, and even if we bomb again in the playoffs they'll use that as a justification for keeping him.  If we fail to make the top four it could get uncomfortable.

SF should do a Neil Warnock and just call it a day.For his own mental health and the well being of his family(i understand he has a domestic issue but dont know what exactly).This could be a get out excuse without him losing face.

It would be relief all round.The rest of the season is just so predictable if he stays.

As others mentioned the goal went in and i didnt care......just expected it.Its sad when it gets to that point.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

SF should do a Neil Warnock and just call it a day.For his own mental health and the well being of his family(i understand he has a domestic issue but dont know what exactly).This could be a get out excuse without him losing face.

It would be relief all round.The rest of the season is just so predictable if he stays.

As others mentioned the goal went in and i didnt care......just expected it.Its sad when it gets to that point.

He’s never chucking it.

Neil Mackay is never going to act. Colin Hosie needs to step up and grow a set.

9 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

You got the lottery numbers by  any chance ?

As I said before, predicting that we would bottle it wasn't all that difficult. We are a team of underachieving failures managed by a reasonable enough coach, but hopeless gaffer. Pish.

13 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Painting that garden fence was definitely the correct decision.  Twenty quid saved and a case of Peroni to come from LWL 😉

And a cracking job you did too. Dry now.

First of all credit to the players from both sides for making it such  an entertaining game in awful conditions. 

Onto the  game,  said  to a mate the coin toss would be important, so was surprised to see East FIfe kick off with the  wind. Dumbarton won  and opted to face the elements, was this a  Faz masterplan ? 

East Fife  started on fire Fash tapped in after 4 mins  and could/should have been  3-0  up in 15 mins, Dumbarton  looked  lost  but to their  credit they worked into the  game and Finlay  Gray ought  to have scored.   He did  score early in 2nd half, a  very well taken  effort then Easton  slipped letting  in Hilton  to  sweep the ball home.

Easton made amends with  a free header  from a  corner. Dick made some midfield changes  and Fash rose  like a salmon to head home a Healy cross. Got  to question the goal keeper, he seemed to lose his  bearings.

Big  shout out  to Jacob Blaney who made his  debut coming on for  Page and performed well in the  circumstances.

Big win for East Fife, after some recent home draws  it  looked like another but credit to the  players for fighting to the  end. Onto  Peterhead next week.

Edited by Beachcomber