Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

I'd be very surprised if Knutsen leaves Bodo Glimt to join a smaller team.

If he leaves bodo, there's a chance for a very good newspaper headline. 

"Knutsen bolts".

13 hours ago, STFU_Donny said:

The Knutsen suggestion is hilarious. He was linked with Celtic, Rangers and Ajax amongst others, but stayed at Bodo and yet I've heard Aberdeen fans suggesting he'd be a good shout and if you don't ask, you don't get. The answer will be no, he's not going to become Aberdeen manager. The fact that Aberdeen is closer won't have a bearing.

Edited by 2426255

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

The Knutsen suggestion is hilarious. He was linked with Celtic, Rangers and Ajax amongst others, but stayed at Bodo and yet I've heard Aberdeen fans suggesting he'd be a good shout and if you don't ask, you don't get. The answer will be no, he's not going to become Aberdeen manager. The fact that Aberdeen is closer won't have a bearing.

It’s a joke. Someone changed the wiki article to his current team being Aberdeen. Hilarious, I know. 

20 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

It’s a joke. Someone changed the wiki article to his current team being Aberdeen. Hilarious, I know. 

Aye I know. I've heard elsewhere including on Sportsound (the fan's voice shite) pre-Warnock and he was saying it as if it was some kind of out of the box, left field thinking. 🫣

I hate when folk post things like "We should take a look at Heinz Herzog at KPS Neiweinhoffen. He's done an amazing job taking them up to the Austrian Bundesliga and has them challenging for Europe. Plays really good football and turned Werner Spaetzel into a £20m player." to show off how worldly and knowledgeable they are.

That said, Rui Borges is doing a great job at Moreirense, taking them up and having them challenge for Europe. Aberdeen should be asking the question.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I completely agree with everything you say apart from the bit that says "Rangers".

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Why not? 

St Mirren's last great manager, apparently. 

Danny Lennon believes Danny Lennon would be a perfect fit for vacant Aberdeen manager position.

25 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I hate when folk post things like "We should take a look at Heinz Herzog at KPS Neiweinhoffen. He's done an amazing job taking them up to the Austrian Bundesliga and has them challenging for Europe. Plays really good football and turned Werner Spaetzel into a £20m player." to show off how worldly and knowledgeable they are.

That said, Rui Borges is doing a great job at Moreirense, taking them up and having them challenge for Europe. Aberdeen should be asking the question.

I like the sound of this Heinz Herzog, and Cormack has also read your post and is sounding out his agent as we speak.

I did a little digging and found this image Herzog, the new Luther Blisset by all accounts.

KPS Neiweinhoffen is my new hipster team.

herzog.jpg.70f3d6559588900d0b6e66d67d65cfbc.jpg

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’d suggest the majority won’t.

I for one would end any financial commitment to AFC.

I would scoff at the suggestion that people think there is a chance Neil Lennon will be the next Aberdeen manager but with our mad hatter of a chairman then anything is possible.

When I first joined P&B I was heavily critical of all things Cormack but was shot down from all angles by my fellow Dons fans.

The club has actually done better (if we forget Darvel for a moment) than I thought they would do under his 'guidance' which just goes to show how lowly I held the man.

There's no point being critical now, everyone has full visibility on it.

My only hope is that he can pass the club onto someone else sooner rather than later, and preferably before he gets the club relegated or does serious damage.

12 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Neil Lennon done a pretty good job at Hibs, and was mostly good at Celtic barring the last season or so. I don't think he's anywhere near as bad a manager as the derision he gets on here/social media suggests. 

The problem with Lennon as a manager in Scotland is that he's too associated with the Celtic/Green Brigade/Kerrydale St lunatic fringe. He seriously believes there is a conspiracy against Celtic and insists their fans are the 'best in the world'. Aberdeen would be better off picking the team by selection committee and letting the team coach itself than going anywhere near Neil Lennon. That said it would be a preferable appointment than John Hughes.

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

Neil Lennon done a pretty good job at Hibs, and was mostly good at Celtic barring the last season or so. I don't think he's anywhere near as bad a manager as the derision he gets on here/social media suggests. 

Neil Lennon was in the Championship with Hibs.

They could’ve dug up John Lennon & he’d have got them up.

He's only good if he has a budget dwarfing all others 

And aside from that, he’s a toxic horrible wee shite 

4 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Neil Lennon was in the Championship with Hibs.

They could’ve dug up John Lennon & he’d have got them up.

He's only good if he has a budget dwarfing all others 

And aside from that, he’s a toxic horrible wee shite 

He took them from the Championship to 4th place on 67 points in the top flight, a points total that's not been bettered since that season by any non-Old Firm total. 

Edited by Jives Miguel