Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If only Falkirk had been given more than *checks notes* 8 years warning about the 10k rule before the 99/00 season.

Fair enough, now give us a wee graph on where you think we could have fitted in 10k seats in the cramped Brockville footprint, and add your thoughts on the prevailing political situation in Falkirk Council too, with a Labour Council who were, by all accounts, actively hostile to FFC.

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Fair enough, now give us a wee graph on where you think we could have fitted in 10k seats in the cramped Brockville footprint, and add your thoughts on the prevailing political situation in Falkirk Council too, with a Labour Council who were, by all accounts, actively hostile to FFC.

Why were Inverness and Gretna allowed to groundshare at Pittodrie and Fir Park but the clubs voted against Falkirk?

Perhaps Scottish fitba just hates Bairns.

Brockville had pretty much become unsafe in areas like the away end with large crowds. Other clubs spent millions complying with the Taylor report and the SPL regulations but Falkirk seemingly chose to spend on players. 

IMO the SPL was wrong to allow Inverness and Gretna to groundshare but not for Falkirk. 

Self Preservation League. 

29 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Is this the same council that built your stadium in Grangemouth? 🤔

9 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I genuinely can't wait for St Mirren to finish 5th, party for it getting them into Europe, only for the Famous to finish 10th, win the Cup, 

0689017D-B125-4F04-893A-7BAB3E38877B.jpeg

D993AE3C-7452-4271-BDD5-B4175D695F02.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Why were Inverness and Gretna allowed to groundshare at Pittodrie and Fir Park but the clubs voted against Falkirk?

I think they were embarrassed by the horrendous optics of disallowing promotion to us. (Allowing Motherwell a vote FFS). There is no other plausible reason for allowing ICT to share over 100 miles away. Ridiculous.

Perhaps Scottish fitba just hates Bairns.

Classic.

Brockville had pretty much become unsafe in areas like the away end with large crowds. Other clubs spent millions complying with the Taylor report and the SPL regulations but Falkirk seemingly chose to spend on players. 

Yes it had, which is why we had been trying a number of different things over the years; all stymied by either the council or incompetent bosses like Fulston. Aye, having all those players on mega salaries was tremendous, like. What squads we had back then!

IMO the SPL was wrong to allow Inverness and Gretna to groundshare but not for Falkirk.

Most obvious statement ever, but yes.

Self Preservation League. 

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It took me a wee while to suss out why we are talking about Falkirk on a social media page about the next Don's manager... but its obvious.

All the best at Pittodrie John McGlynn

Edited by medals

Just now, medals said:

It took me a wee while to suss out why we are talking about Falkirk on a social media page about the next Don's manager... butbits obvious.

All the best at Pitodrie John McGlynn

Some Dons fans getting a wee bit sniffy about the amount of St Mirren fans sticking their neb’ into an Aberdeen manager thread, but fcuk me, what’s it like when Falkirk fans wade into a discussion? 😜

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Some Dons fans getting a wee bit sniffy about the amount of St Mirren fans sticking their neb’ into an Aberdeen manager thread, but fcuk me, what’s it like when Falkirk fans wade into a discussion? 😜

Falkirk bashing unites Scottish football in a very special and wholesome way.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It's a lot more entertaining than reading most of your fans' input tbh

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Anyway, in the absence of any suitable replies about how we could have improved Brockville or magicked up a new stadium, I'll leave you to it.

I think I voted for Robinson in the poll.

Added seats as was required. Only needed about 2000. 4/5 of the way there. Ouch.

Just now, Crawford said:

Added seats as was required. Only needed about 2000. 4/5 of the way there. Ouch.

Wait... you... you think Brockville had 8000 seats already in place?

Surely not.

22 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Only centre third of Brockville's upper main stand was seats; wings were benches, latterly with paint lines to mark individual places. It sat 1,700 in total (latterly: 3,000 when built). Rest was increasingly decrepit terrace.

CEwCrzzWoAI6WDA.jpg

Brockville.jpg

EVy2WY7WAAA7UDX-e1588760762605.jpeg

bville1.jpg

Falkirk%20(old)%20header%201.jpg

Edited by HibeeJibee