Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Moorie said:

I always thought if Docherty was to be out manager it would have been if Mciness went to The Rangers. 
clearly knows the way Cormack runs things so no doubt not keen. 
Am I right in saying he lives down Carnoustie way?  Dundee ideal for him 

Way too early to leave his first job as manager. He's done okay with us so far but nothing of note has been achieved yet. If he was two or three years into the job then I'd understand the outside interest, but not when he's been here 10 months. Don't think it would suit us, aberdeen or the man himself (judging by every dons manager since Del).

Not sure where he lives but it is in the local area yeah. 

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tony Docherty was asked about the Aberdeen job in his pre-match conference. I know he probably could be tempted by Aberdeen considering his past with the club but his response not being a flat out denial of interest (even if a lie) disappointed me.

He was asked: 'Is it a job you might be interested in?'

His response:

'Again, I can't say anything about that at the moment. There's speculation about everything but my full focus is on what I can affect and that's the game tomorrow night against Aberdeen.'

Aberdeen are going to appoint Docherty and it's gonna be us that gives Mark Fotheringham the job, isn't it?

That's resign from this forum material.

FFS.

Why wouldn't he just say an outright 'No' or 'It doesn't interest me at the moment' if it wasn't him, clearly been approached with that answer.

Him living in the Dundee area doesn't really matter, it's only a 45min drive to Aberdeen.

He is absolutely Aberdeen manager material.

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I know you meant that as a compliment, but right now it doesnt sound like it.

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

FFS.

Why wouldn't he just say an outright 'No' or 'It doesn't interest me at the moment' if it wasn't him, clearly been approached with that answer.

Him living in the Dundee area doesn't really matter, it's only a 45min drive to Aberdeen.

If Tony Docherty can get from Dundee to Aberdeen in 45 mins on a regular basis he should be replacing Lewis Hamilton at McLaren, not Neil Warnock.

Edited by O_Kahn

2 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

If Tony Docherty can get from Dundee to Aberdeen in 45 mins on a regular basis he should be replacing Lewis Hamilton at McLaren, not Neil Warnock.

Nae bather min.

78 through the average speed cameras all the way to Stonehaven then plant it.

3 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

Way too early to leave his first job as manager. He's done okay with us so far but nothing of note has been achieved yet. If he was two or three years into the job then I'd understand the outside interest, but not when he's been here 10 months. Don't think it would suit us, aberdeen or the man himself (judging by every dons manager since Del).

Not sure where he lives but it is in the local area yeah. 

Football doesn’t really work that way though does it?

When an opportunity presents itself most manager’s know they have to take it as it might not come round again.  Seems unlikely, but this might be as high as he goes as a manager and in 6-7 months time Dundee fans might be wanting to get rid of him if things turn sour.  

If Aberdeen feel he’s the man they’re not going to be thinking we’ll leave it a bit as he might be out of reach the next time they’re in the market. 

He knows the club inside out, is popular there, tonnes of experience of the league as an assistant and proven over the short term that he’s manager material.  He is by far and away the obvious choice for Aberdeen.. which is why I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Docherty was joining in with the Derry for a wee sing song at the end so I thought - that's that put to bed! Then he went and clapped all the Aberdeen supporters.

image.gif.82852f3d6846919294bdc3dd0ceaf457.gif

17 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Whoever takes over has a mammoth job on their hands.

Too many of that team have the heart of a sparrow.

^^^^ This in buckets.

Joking aside it is no joke for Don's fans at this time.

On the current run RC and the Fakes could end above them.

It's pretty unlikely Livi will.

But in a play-off there is no guarantee that the Dons will be too good for say Raith, who have a winning mentality, against a team with little fight and not good at keeping clean sheets.

Highly doubt the Doc. or several others will go there without knowing if they will remain in the top league.

Edited by medals

13 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Football doesn’t really work that way though does it?

When an opportunity presents itself most manager’s know they have to take it as it might not come round again.  Seems unlikely, but this might be as high as he goes as a manager and in 6-7 months time Dundee fans might be wanting to get rid of him if things turn sour.  

If Aberdeen feel he’s the man they’re not going to be thinking we’ll leave it a bit as he might be out of reach the next time they’re in the market. 

He knows the club inside out, is popular there, tonnes of experience of the league as an assistant and proven over the short term that he’s manager material.  He is by far and away the obvious choice for Aberdeen.. which is why I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Agree with this. And if he's offered it, I think he's likely to take it even if Aberdeen have already been relegated and Dundee have finished top six.

Put it in anyone's career terms and it's a better job. More money, a higher ceiling in terms of what can be achieved, and a potentially good stepping stone on elsewhere.

And he'd back himself to be the guy that turns things around. Almost all coaches would.

No idea if it will be him, but if offered it, I'd be amazed if he doesn't take it.

The kind of comparison of clubs that if he is offered it and doesn't take it, it's huge alarm bells in terms of what that says about a look under Aberdeen's bonnet.

BBC doesnt disappoint. Aberdeen fans comments wanting Steve Clarke and Knutsen.