Inverness 🔵🔴 vs Ayr ⚫⚪- 16/3/24

A very meh game so far but Caley look a bit vulnerable and the early goal hopefully puts us on a good footing here. We seem relatively calm, defensively in particular, so long may that continue. 

We look a better unit so far today than we did against the Pars a couple weeks ago, albeit Caley have been awful and have offered the square root of f**k all. Given the pace of the game so far I maintain that we could really be have been doing with a natural winger out wide from the start. I think it would have strengthened our position as Caley seem to be relying on quite a narrow set up. 

With some real attacking intent, something we've not offered much of so far, we could kill this game off quite quickly. I'd like to see some more width and pace in the second half - as ICT are there for the taking based on the first half anyway.

Right as i'd finished typing that, the referee gave an atrocious decision. The boy himself looked embarrassed that penalty was given. Shocking. 

Edited by AUcal

1 minute ago, micaley68 said:

Take Ferguson!

Fergusons record isn’t actually that bad. If we had kept Wotherspoon or even bothered to replace him with a similar player I think we would be a decent team. Granted you can blame Ferguson for not replacing him properly.

10 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Fair point. Absolutely no chance we are scoring twice.

We concede 2 goals almost every game

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Well something has to change then!

Hows Scott Brown been for you?

An improvement on Bullen but as with any new manager at this level there are some concerns.  If any of the players he inherited make a mistake then they are on the bench but they guys he brought in have free reign.  Our best two players (Murphy and Chalmers) are on the bench today and instead he has two strikers playing on the wings but they are meat and potatoe strikers.  Think hes won every second game up to today so cant complain if its not awful to watch and it works - which so far it has except the Dunfermline game which was Bullenesque.