The race for Europe Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/03/2024

36 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Embarrassing to think either of these two will be representating Scotland on the big stage away in Wales/Ireland/Lichtenstein. 

Like Bohemians? Or maybe we'll get a Latvian club. Or one from Czech Republic.

Oh wait, we've actually done that last one and didn't lose 8-1 on aggregate. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Oooft. The old ‘fishing, you bit, I’m the smart one here routine’? Nah, surely not.

That’s right. The old boot is you caught on the end of my hook. Gotcha!

I'd like to think that Saturday was a one off, but I fear our bad patch of the season is coming up.

Findlay to be dropped for Deas please, and if Kennedy still isn't fit, start Mackay-Steven. We have three great (and expensive) talents who I don't think have played a collective 90 minutes.

Currently <50 tickets for the away end available. Which means that 6 of the blocks are now sold and Killie will likely be opening block 9 today.

We must be over 2,400 sold by now and well on the way to 3k.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Currently <50 tickets for the away end available. Which means that 6 of the blocks are now sold and Killie will likely be opening block 9 today.

That’s the Killie treasurer in Melanius Mallarky’s post a few back then?

Quick fag-packet maths actually shows sales at 2,150 or so. 

Each upper tier block holds 346

Each lower tier block holds 448

And we've sold the 5 uppers and one lower out (save for 40 or so).

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Block 9 now open 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Quick fag-packet maths actually shows sales at 2,150 or so. 

Each upper tier block holds 346

Each lower tier block holds 448

And we've sold the 5 uppers and one lower out (save for 40 or so).

I don't think they released half of the final block in the top tier, nor the first 4 rows of the lower tier blocks.  So probably a few hundred less than this at the moment.

Would take a point the now. Killie looked dangerous in the air from freekicks and corners. Plus we don't tend to do well down there on the plastic. On holiday so will be depending on my son to give me good news with my cheap beers for a change   😇

3 minutes ago, AW saint said:

We have seen this movie before. Large support travels expecting a win only to lose an early goal and game over. 

I hope we win but I have the fear 

Not sure about that statement. 

9 minutes ago, AW saint said:

We have seen this movie before. Large support travels expecting a win only to lose an early goal and game over. 

I hope we win but I have the fear 

I'm travelling in hope, just like the majority of games i go to.

On 11/03/2024 at 13:04, pozbaird said:

There you go….

BB19E4D1-A8EF-4EF0-AF26-2822E85E3CCC.jpeg

Rangers had better get the finger out, didn't realise they were so rubbish!

43 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Am I right in thinking the Howard Arms and the Brass & Granite are no longer open?

I'm afraid you're correct, both have been shut for a while now. However, there's a few other places that you can go such as Fanny By Gaslight, the Tartan Sheep, Mack's Bar... Most places will be welcoming towards away fans provided you're sound and I certainly wouldn't object to seeing away fans such as yourselves if I was in a boozer beforehand.

Very tough test ahead, and we need a big result after the bitter disappointment of losing to relegation fodder in Aberdeen. While a loss would be damaging for our morale and charge for the European places, I would say that the Buddies have a tougher run-in before the split - we both have still to play Hearts, but we've then got Ross County and St. Johnstone while St. Mirren have Celtic to play before the split. I suspect the Buddies will get something against Motherwell.

Big away support is always good to see - I just hope that they leave disappointed (but not too disappointed, because I don't have anything against St. Mirren).

15 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I'd like to think that Saturday was a one off, but I fear our bad patch of the season is coming up.

Findlay to be dropped for Deas please, and if Kennedy still isn't fit, start Mackay-Steven. We have three great (and expensive) talents who I don't think have played a collective 90 minutes.

No chance I'd be dropping Findlay at this point, he had a poor game along with everyone at the weekend but he has been in good form since the turn of the year. I don't understand the clamour for Mackay-Steven, he's been brought in as an impact sub for 20 minutes here and there. He doesn't have the legs to play as a starting winger in this team. I severely doubt that a guy who was on the scrapheap after being binned by Hearts and barely playing a game in years is expensive in any way.

If we want to go back to having two out-and-out wingers and Kennedy's not fit then it has to be Murray, even if he is obviously a bit of a downgrade in quality.